Expertise @ 70 Arms Warrior

Get 20 expertise

except its not a cap. this is not pve...players can have tons more dodge/parry than a raid boss

but a stunned target cant dodge/parry, a casting target cant dodge/parry, and best of all an enemy player attacked from behind cant dodge/parry. so hmmm.....stack str, or use those gems to stack exp?

so you could use some critical thinking and see that its a situational stat that you arent even capping, youre just attempting to lower the RNG of dodges/parrys, and you can notice all the scenarios where the stat is totally wasted. where as str would be a straight up damage output increase, or resil would help mitigation out

for example: on my 80 feral druid i have 8 expertise from gear. i just popped an elixir of the naga (225 rating), putting me at 37 expertise. that reduces my chances to be dodged or parried by 9.25%.......but wait, i have over 50% dodge and im not even fully geared, gemmed, enchanted, or flasked yet. so other agi based classes are going to have dodge out the ass as well, meaning all the exp barley makes a dent in their stats in the end. id rather potentially be dodged 9.25% more than waste all the stats on expertise - esp as a class that has a positional requirement on one of their highest dpe moves, which forces me to attack from behind as much as humanly possible and thus negating dodge/parry anyways.

but do what you want

Falkor said:
except its not a cap. this is not pve...players can have tons more dodge/parry than a raid boss

but a stunned target cant dodge/parry, a casting target cant dodge/parry, and best of all an enemy player attacked from behind cant dodge/parry. so hmmm.....stack str, or use those gems to stack exp?

so you could use some critical thinking and see that its a situational stat that you arent even capping, youre just attempting to lower the RNG of dodges/parrys, and you can notice all the scenarios where the stat is totally wasted. where as str would be a straight up damage output increase, or resil would help mitigation out

for example: on my 80 feral druid i have 8 expertise from gear. i just popped an elixir of the naga (225 rating), putting me at 37 expertise. that reduces my chances to be dodged or parried by 9.25%.......but wait, i have over 50% dodge and im not even fully geared, gemmed, enchanted, or flasked yet. so other agi based classes are going to have dodge out the ass as well, meaning all the exp barley makes a dent in their stats in the end. id rather potentially be dodged 9.25% more than waste all the stats on expertise - esp as a class that has a positional requirement on one of their highest dpe moves, which forces me to attack from behind as much as humanly possible and thus negating dodge/parry anyways.

but do what you want

I did presume he was asking for a pve subject.

Falkor said:

but do what you want

its more for vs healers but w/e

+ latency is pretty annoying.

also if you ever played a rogue in vanilla or tbc you would know how shitty this game is when it comes to hitboxes. hello dodged backstab and mutilate

Falkor is totally correct, do not gem expertise for PvP, it is FAR too RNG.

Also why bother with 20 expertise? You need 26 for PvE even. That proves some people were considering this for PvP...;)

blueisbetterthanyou said:
its more for vs healers but w/e

+ latency is pretty annoying.

also if you ever played a rogue in vanilla or tbc you would know how shitty this game is when it comes to hitboxes. hello dodged backstab and mutilate

more for the healers that cant dodge while casting? or the ones that cant even parry to begin with?

+ latency is annoying, but expertise sure as hell doesnt reduce your lag

and yea hit boxes and frontal/rear cones used to suck, but i cant remember the last time a shred, bs, ambush, etc was dodged. and remember muti doesnt have a positional requirement, so that can be dodged if you're out of place. but for the ones that require you to be behind theyve always landed for me for a looooong time

???!?

Yes,I meant for PvP.

Your saying i dont need it for pvp?? D: i bought gems

if u can find gear with it on it take it. but ur gonna have a hard enough time killing certain classes even with gemming pure str. Stick with pure str in all sockets. make sure u are hit capped at 5% tho.

Users who are viewing this thread