expanding queue nights?

I'd get a bit restless in queue but it's something to consider. I think a night of solo queued 3v3s (and the solo queue aspect is important) would be a neat thing to try. I played a couple at the end of the ab night and it was pretty interesting, providing a nice change of pace.

I'd get a bit restless in queue but it's something to consider. I think a night of solo queued 3v3s (and the solo queue aspect is important) would be a neat thing to try. I played a couple at the end of the ab night and it was pretty interesting, providing a nice change of pace.

we tried an arena night already and everyone wanted to do bgs instead so we dropped it

That was before my time I think. Was it 3v3 or 2v2? As I mentioned, I think it would require people not group queuing to be any good. Probably a tad unrealistic because people like to dominate. I'd really like to see arena in some form though even if it's somewhat infrequent.

I haven't been able to play as much the past few weeks, but from what I gather the numbers are not there.
How would those who have been playing consistently answer the following questions:

Are games starting early?
How many hours are multiple games going at once?
How long do game nights last?
Are game nights lasting longer than they did at the start of the revival?

You should get a good idea of bracket health/population and a realistic idea if a third night is possible based on the answers.

Are games starting early? On time.
How many hours are multiple games going at once? Might be an hour or two of simultaneous games on saturday. Wednesday has one at a time.
How long do game nights last? Saturdays last till 10-12. A couple weeks ago we had night last till 2am?
Are game nights lasting longer than they did at the start of the revival? They have definitely declined as expected after the hype dies out.

I haven't been able to play as much the past few weeks, but from what I gather the numbers are not there.
How would those who have been playing consistently answer the following questions:

Are games starting early?
How many hours are multiple games going at once?
How long do game nights last?
Are game nights lasting longer than they did at the start of the revival?

You should get a good idea of bracket health/population and a realistic idea if a third night is possible based on the answers.

Yeah, I suppose with those considerations in mind, a third is unlikely to be successful. Things just seem a bit stagnant to me. The twink cup is on the horizon for some to participate in but there's a dearth of even friendly premade activity for the rest. The pug games to my mind are pretty lacking in competitiveness and generally feel unsatisfying by the nights end. I realize the revival is still in its fairly early stages, but I worry interest will fade under present circumstances. I could naturally be relatively alone in these opinions, I'm not too sure.

When is the [MENTION=8417]megatron[/MENTION] vs [MENTION=27038]DimeBrew[/MENTION] premade going down?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a team, or the RealID to get it done. If a challenge is to be made both teams would need advance notice. I'm ready, I can throw something together with a weeks notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd certainly like to but at the moment I think we're running fine with 2 nights. I don't think a 3rd night would last too long.

As premades and TC teams start popping up then I think we can start to push for that.

If twink cup premades are scheduled for off-nights, that might help keep the pug nights going, and might even help us to figure out what other nights work for people.

With the upcoming 3v3 tourney I suggest if we do try a 3rd night we push for a less puggy 3v3 que night. Put together a team and que 3s. But also realize that there will be a lot of mongoloids who will que totally unfair comps. And people may get all butt hurt by being beat by said unfair comps. Just accept that you can't win it all. Sure you will get dunked on from time to time, but hopefully there will be enough teams queuing to make for some crazy fun games to counter the mongo games.

With the upcoming 3v3 tourney I suggest if we do try a 3rd night we push for a less puggy 3v3 que night. Put together a team and que 3s. But also realize that there will be a lot of mongoloids who will que totally unfair comps. And people may get all butt hurt by being beat by said unfair comps. Just accept that you can't win it all. Sure you will get dunked on from time to time, but hopefully there will be enough teams queuing to make for some crazy fun games to counter the mongo games.

it's not gonna work. the greater portion of the bracket would rather just queue wsg if we have a 39 night scheduled

it's not gonna work. the greater portion of the bracket would rather just queue wsg if we have a 39 night scheduled
Perhaps the greater portion of the bracket wouldn't be available for a 3rd night, and those who are interested in some organized arena could have some fun with this. But I also use my main for organized arena and know that maybe 3v3 or even 5v5 might be just the stuff of pipes at 39. I guess though If I want to do arena I should get a team going, and then see who on real id is up for a challenge like we used to do back in bc.

Are there any plans to expand to a third night in the near or distant future (arena or bgs)? Or at present is it considered unsustainable?

Honestly think the first step is to make Wednesday games start earlier like around 6 instead of 8, more games more fun :)

the 8pm on a weeknight thing is in direct support of the soccer dads. You can queue earlier than 8pm and you might get a pop, but but working folks gotta get off work, transit home etc etc etc.

I live in Japan so it's like 8am on Thursday and I have work so I can't anyway, but that's the current reasoning. That and there were arenas going on before wednesday games previously.

Users who are viewing this thread