Exile's Reach Stayers

Inside the Darkmaul Citadel the trash stop giving xp at 17 the bosses stop giving xp at 18. 18 is the cap a player can be on Exiles Reach/Darkmaul Citadel. No form of xp remains at 18.

Due to invisible walls the amount of exploration both in and out of the dungeon is very limited.

It is impossible to get through the instance door outside to enter manually unless possibly exploited somehow.
Oddly enough the dungeon is marked at 15-30 suggesting that the manually entered dungeon might be of a higher scale.
Also noticed that it is marked as Horde Territory. I am 100% clueless why that is. maybe a lore thing?
  • Loot drops up to a level cap of 10.
  • Loot does not upgrade in anyway.
  • Loot is tradable to all qualified party members for 2 hours.(time limit to trade changes in SL?)
  • You can queue as long as you haven't turned in the quest regardless of player level.
  • It is impossible to lose the dungeon and wipe unless you run ahead of the npc tank and choose to die. All the mobs in the dungeon are soloable.

To spam the dungeon:
  • Jump as you leave the instance group. This stops you from teleporting out.
  • Press i and queue up real fast. You have roughly enough time to get a queue pop and enter before you're zoned out of the previous run.

There is no way to leave the island:
  • No summon
  • No Spell to leave
  • No RaF summon to leave
  • No Mail for items to walk/swim away and confuse the game as to your location(testing still in progress for leaving the island)
  • TBD: faction change (Unknown) did anyone try to faction change on the ptr while in the zone?
Also the island lacks the following:
  • No Repair
  • No party Sync
  • No Trainers
  • No Toys
  • No pvp outside of duels
It is very useless to make a twink for exiles reach as it's easy enough for a naked toon to solo. A 18 will leech xp from you even if not partied. twinks don't help much in terms of a carry. Most of the zone is phased once completed. Though a 18 will make the dungeon go alot faster who really cares about saving 1-2 minutes. If i had to say what was the best twink to clear the dungeon i'd say arcane mage. spamming arcane explosion on the undead before the pig quest is super easy leveling.

There is a fake Exiles reach between you and the Alliance boat. I am not sure about the horde boat.
It is visible with high view distance while looking north from the northern shore.

Not tested: The class that can swim furthest is druid. I doubt they can make it to the fake island though. Either invisible wall or fatigue is my bet.

Zone drops outside of dungeon: Many people have told me some of the gear shares a 1 time loot flag with other gear. Meaning if you loot 1 the other will not drop for that toon. If you find yourself trying to farm an item on the island it might not drop because a "partner item" already dropped. Yes this is a very stupid random invisible loot rule they put in. if you want the entire loot table it has to be done on multiple toons.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=175244/spider-eye-ring didn't drop after 3 hours of farming spiders because I looted https://www.wowhead.com/item=174792/stitched-leather-boots off the murlocs at the start of the zone. made another toon and didn't loot or get a boot drop on murlocs. So the ring drops after 5 min for the alt. So, I am led to believe that this odd loot rule is in place for whatever reason.

Bis rings/neck:

"Twink" in this case means just being higher level than the dungeon/zone. Looms are your "OP" gear

Overall I give the content a 6/10
  • No prof to teach new players is kinda stupid for a starter zone.
  • No repair doesn't teach players about repairs until they leave the zone.
  • No mail means no fresh player is getting anniversary/blizz/shop mail until they leave the zone.
  • The dungeon in no way reinforced class roles.
  • Can't be GOD like. (see previous posts)
  • Exploration is weak even though the art team did a great job around the island.
Misc Darkmaul dungeon information taken on a level10+ character.
Darkmaul trash mob depending on total players:
Darkmaul Channeler: {266@1} {391@2} {517@3} {643@4} {769@5}
Darkmaul ShadowCaller: {266@1} {391@2} {517@3} {643@4} {769@5}
Darkmaul Centurion: {304@1} {446@2} {590@3} {735@4} {879@5}
Tonk: {1365@2} {1796@3} {2236@4} {2675@5}
Gorgroth @ Dragon (@50% Gorgoroth sacrifice himself) {1899@2} {2514 @3} {3130@4} {3745@5}
decaying corpse {33@2} {43@3} {53@4} {64@5}
^I stopped playing the game so the list doesn't include the single player healthpools. *it is very hard to get a solo as people join shortly after a solo run begins*

TLDR: MEH 6/10 takes few hours to bis at 18. No point to twink here.

Last edited:
Able to queue for dungeons via LFD with a friend however it cancels the queue right after everyone picks a role. It does not give an error message or any system message stating why.

I assume this is for the same reason you can't use toys, mail, etc etc.
Toon is flagged as tutorial until you finish the zone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread