EU twinking - the alternative.

plobb

OG
There is an active level 19 twink scene on the Emberstorm/Glutstorm battlegroup. Currently games are limited to Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons for WSG and Thursday evening for arena/WSG. Yes, I admit this is rather limited compared to Blackout but hear me out. We aim for balanced and respectful BG's. Our forums are active and can be used without fear of flaming (unless deserved!). If teams are imbalanced we have several players with both horde and alliance players and we attempt to balance the teams where possible. Terrain exploits are frowned upon as are negative emotes and camping. Players don't need to be full BIS but decent gear is obviously appreciated. We will gladly offer advice to new players. For those that want to farm the fishing hat and AGM, we have several low population servers where both are possible solo. If anyone is interested and wants any info then look into the emberstorm 10-19 threads on the EU battlegroup forums. Currently the horde side needs numbers and the alliance side needs additional experienced players.

I have heard about acitivity in emberstorm, however in all due respect; i dont think you will find THAT many people willing to xfer or reroll mainly due to the fact there is daily WSG and arena up in Blackout. Moreover although you say
Terrain exploits are frowned upon as are negative emotes and camping
there is ALWAYS a group of people who do it; simply because they can and dont give a rats ass, this will result in people raging and less likely to queue up. With there already being a small amount of activity on emberstorm, this will most likely kill the bracket.

There are plenty of those charachters in Blackout too; however we have enough people to try and resist it.

If anything i would just say come blackout; i was lucky to be in blackout before all the xfers happened so moving isnt an issue for me. However, if you are determined to play your 19 twink; i would just say move to blackout; however i do wish you the best of luck.

Destroy said:
I have heard about acitivity in emberstorm, however in all due respect; i dont think you will find THAT many people willing to xfer or reroll mainly due to the fact there is daily WSG and arena up in Blackout. Moreover although you say there is ALWAYS a group of people who do it; simply because they can and dont give a rats ass, this will result in people raging and less likely to queue up. With there already being a small amount of activity on emberstorm, this will most likely kill the bracket.

There are plenty of those charachters in Blackout too; however we have enough people to try and resist it.

If anything i would just say come blackout; i was lucky to be in blackout before all the xfers happened so moving isnt an issue for me. However, if you are determined to play your 19 twink; i would just say move to blackout; however i do wish you the best of luck.

I think you missunderstand me. Terrain exploits, camping and emoting are so rare on Emberstorm as to be insignificant. My point is that its a nice place to play.

I dont aim to 'steal' active players from Blackout. I am aware that there are several people who dislike what they perceive it has become - often to the point of not wanting to play anymore. To these people I want to show to them that there is another choice; another chance to enjoy twinking.

I think people who say terrain "exploits" are frowned upon really are those who just simply cannot do the jumps or refuse to take time to learn them. In my opinion, the essence of a twink in bgs is to take advantage of what you have and use them to the fullest. This includes terrain jumping.

plobb said:
I think you missunderstand me. Terrain exploits, camping and emoting are so rare on Emberstorm as to be insignificant. My point is that its a nice place to play.

I dont aim to 'steal' active players from Blackout. I am aware that there are several people who dislike what they perceive it has become - often to the point of not wanting to play anymore. To these people I want to show to them that there is another choice; another chance to enjoy twinking.

if you get people from blackout to move there will be exploiters.

IMO this thread needs to be deleted... if people start moving from blackout then we will have 2 inactive battlegroups...

Moardotz said:
I think people who say terrain "exploits" are frowned upon really are those who just simply cannot do the jumps or refuse to take time to learn them. In my opinion, the essence of a twink in bgs is to take advantage of what you have and use them to the fullest. This includes terrain jumping.

what about hacks

Why would peoples leave Blackout to join your battlegoup when we got 2 daily WSG's up. The WSG's are alright, havent seen any exploiters.

I agree with Pewpewbbq, this will do nothing but splitting Blackout, and therefor resulting in 2 inactive battlegroups.

Would like to know what guild to look out for or what character thinking about transferring. love 19s pvp willing to pay for transfer let me know it been rough on my battle group

Don't like this idea at all can't you guys move to blackout and have a special time where you can play with your non emoting buddies?:( This ideas will only make more battlegroup with 1 wsg each week instead of 1 battlegroup with 2 wsgs daily

And what idea is it that you dont like exactly? That the whole active twink population does not exist on Blackout? As I have previously mentioned, my purpose in posting was to show people that Blackout is not the only option. As paying customers people have the right to choose where they will be happiest playing whatever aspect of the game interests them. If that happens to be Blackout then I have no problem with that.

Users who are viewing this thread