[EU] The Warchief is coming. AD and Maratian were the beginning, he shall be the end.

Billyballo

Legend
You may believe all this to be far fetched, but please bear with me – for all the Signs are here, and are as clear as ever – so rest your eye patches for a while and lend me your ear, so that I can bring them forth.

- THE HEROES REBORN
For the ones that didn't follow up closely, since SL started horde had a few hunters - Jabobo, Gochuza and some Go-something that exhibited extremely weird behaviour: a mix of botness, leveler noobness and a 220 honor level.

At the very beginning I thought it was someone learning how to multibox, but that theory was soon discarded. An Ally spy? Didn't make much sense either, that other guy had the same name on both factions and liked to brag about it. Somebody that tried to afk bomb horde teams? Again, maybe the few first games, but then given how easily they were reported afk it made no sense.
I tried many times to interact with them to get and explanation, but never had an answer...

Until today.
Today Jabobo spoke to me.
Rising from the ashes, only survivor of the original trio, Jabobo today appeared again after months of exile.

Unluckily, it didn't shed any light on this whole thing, he just asked if my life was so bad that I needed to lie about him being a bot to feel better.
"What's happening?" I was thinking - "The same afk/botting/multiboxing behaviour as always, yet no other bot/afk hunter on the team - was I wrong? Is this just an extreme noob? Maybe a very young kid?"

Then it finally struck me. Like three triple striking explosive shots from TN tards - Three, always three hunter bots he had.
And he still did, I was just too blind to see them - for the other two were not on horde side anymore... But on ally.
With dismay I watched this two ally hunters running in a straight line down the Kotmogu Temple, autorunning and bouncing into the walls at the end of the middle section.

As I was asking myself why would someone ever do something like this, again I was struck from 40 yrd away and an old acquaintance came to mind:
The bloodthirsty, the moonfire king, the one and only. You know who I am talking about.
He was back, maybe just in spirit, maybe drinking sangria instead of vodka, but I know it's him.

As this first sign came to me, suddenly all the others were as clear and serene as the polish sky.

- THE HIGH CASTLES AND THE PEON BARRACKS
On horde, Aggramar numbers are randomly and quietly picking up. Even if baby was online just long enough only to get me juicy gfed enchants, more and more people without addon are showing up in random bgs, swinging the balance, solo shields against the ally oppression of poor zug zug levelers. Every time I see somebody with no server name standing by my side, I'm certain the smelly alliance will perish, that the horde will prevail - and yet one orc is still missing for the f2p Renaissance to truly take off...

On ally instead, Argent Dawn circlejerk is quickly reaching unbelievably high levels - ones not seen in ages - almost comparables the one and only, the Twisting Nether of old: motherland of the elves, of eyepatches crafters and of no insignas. (Any chance you guys too are celebrating marriages, have some twins playing or like gelato? We patiently await your fireworks pictures, <insert random rant against morning premades>).

- THE SAME DEAMONS
Hunter numbers are now legions.
Plaguing every bg, every faction, every language.
Alliance rerollers, Horde rerollers, Editer, Afk bots, On bots, the guy that needs healing because he can do 100-300k dmg, the ones that made premaders stop queing, your wife boyfriend coming to gy camp you.

Once again we are almost reaching the levels of the beginning of times – the “every eyepatch for himself" bracket of legends untold.

Now that I brought them all forth, tell me, can you see it too?
Is it clear to you too?
When you were asking yourself - what can we do? How can this possibily go on? Who is gonna come and save us from all this?- Were you too struck by a memory of what once was?
The shining glory of an Arcanite Ripper, the coolness of a Sunday's hat, the memento of the Warchief that was and will be?

Please Alphasky,
I know you must be close,
I know you watch over us, waiting until the time of nelfgnarock to come back.

Please, If you are reading this, give me a sign, for I'm not sure I can go on much longer!
I'm not sure I can keep my integrity on – for now I too, the Billy that is not Billymays, log a hunter.

Please Warchief, come and save me!
One last battle standard to wield, one last charge into the subtle shadow, one last AGM to proc!

This thread was inspired by the "shoutout thread", I felt like alpha deserved a funny story.
For those who don't know him, he was an Orc warrior that bravely stood against the hunter menance from the onset of the bracket during cataclysm and disappeared some time ago during one of my breaks.

Maybe not the best player, he always was extremely objective focused, you could always count on him to be where he was needed and not whine too much about any situation (rants against nelf hunters were not whine but clearly an inspiration for the team).
Personally, seeing this lone warrior keep queing game after game against hunter dead squads truly gave me the impression of the horde lore stubborness against all odds.

Thank you for reading and please excuse any mistakes and continuity holes, I started writing this while cooking and then couldn't finish before work. Hope it can bring you a smile in these dark times. Lok'tar Ogar.

Alphasky, Celest (priest) and Somort were the reasons for not quitting games against full eye patched night elf hunter teams. I really missed them. Quality people...

wtf were you smoking when u made this post or what

Reactions: Sil
One fact that you missed and I would like to be clear to the audience is that, although some would argue the reliability of this statement, the faction knows as "Horde" (meaning "a political subdivision of central Asian nomads", in other words - mongoloids, as some ex-alliance players like to express themselves) in fact have more of the class known as "hunter". All of its 3(three) known specializations are strongly represented on horde which brings disbalance(in the form of unhealable damage and graveyard camping) to the 20(twenty) bracket.

That being said, the presence of the aforementioned Alphasky (also titled as "Warchief") is not currently needed.
The vacant position of "Warchief" is currently taken by a "Council" consisting of a number of players of the "hunter" class.

On behalf of the EU(European) Alliance community I ask that all activities that aim to summon an even greater threat to the fragile balance are ceased immediately. Failure to comply will result in actions involving unobtainable items such as ilvl(Item level - a number used to indicate strength of an item) 59s being used against the opposing party as well as constant 10-man premades(two groups consisting of five players each, synchronizing queue times).

Meow.

P.S. "Twink info legend" is not a real rank.

38F185D9-3100-4847-9077-DBF8EA6347BC.png

They dont make them like they used to anymore...
I miss Maratian, wonder if he still has his old facebook page

I heard rumors a couple of years ago that he passed. Not sure if it's true or not sadly. He was a proper legend though!

I heard rumors a couple of years ago that he passed. Not sure if it's true or not sadly. He was a proper legend though!

Shit, hope he is allright.
As long as any of us old farts TM remember, he will always be a legend.

Users who are viewing this thread