Epeen - Arena rating AddOn for twinks

Duckhunt said:
I'll be on in an hour and a half. Chill. It's not going anywhere!

*considers taking site down just to spite you* :p

I'd love to hear any feedback guys, Feaire and I are sat nervously waiting for bugs xD

Anything you think could be improved etc, we'd love to hear :p

Get more ads = more money for buying rewards to top teams.

Naturaltalnt said:
Only thing im curious about is 2v1s. With the fear of losing 1v1 then 1v1 might see some 2vs1 action, which is fine with me. Thoughs?

That's a good point, also fine by me. Makes the game quicker.

Rapt0R said:
Get more ads = more money for buying rewards to top teams.

At the moment, the ads don't even begin to cover the costs of running the website server :p Any costs of the project are coming out of mine and Feaire's pockets :p

We might put some popunder ads on the site at some point - how would people feel about this? We'd want them to be unobtrusive, no screaming emoticons or buzzing flies etc :p

Duckhunt said:
That's a good point, also fine by me. Makes the game quicker.

You do need 2 players in the opposing team (assuming 2v2) to be rated on the match.

jiminizer said:
At the moment, the ads don't even begin to cover the costs of running the website server :p Any costs of the project are coming out of mine and Feaire's pockets :p

We might put some popunder ads on the site at some point - how would people feel about this? We'd want them to be unobtrusive, no screaming emoticons or buzzing flies etc :p

Whatever it takes to keep the AddOn running imo.

Drayner seems pretty good with keeping sites self running with limited ads, you might want to talk to him about that kind of stuff.

Rip and I just got done testing about 40 games or so. I must say, bravo! I used to do tons of matches with Skirm. I really like the new team addition you got going, a long with the new icons you get around your portrait.

My only complaint is that maybe it's a little too easy. Since it's just a practice arena for everyone else, they don't always have the best set up and such. Rip and I won 30 games before our first loss, and we only went down 16 points or something. Maybe make it so when you lose a match, it will dip down 50 points or something.

As for improving the add on, I have a few ideas. I'll let you know if they work when I get on in the morning.

Duckhunt said:
Rip and I just got done testing about 40 games or so. I must say, bravo! I used to do tons of matches with Skirm. I really like the new team addition you got going, a long with the new icons you get around your portrait.

My only complaint is that maybe it's a little too easy. Since it's just a practice arena for everyone else, they don't always have the best set up and such. Rip and I won 30 games before our first loss, and we only went down 16 points or something. Maybe make it so when you lose a match, it will dip down 50 points or something.

As for improving the add on, I have a few ideas. I'll let you know if they work when I get on in the morning.

First of all, sorry i couldn't be keeping track of the forums last night - had things to be getting on with.

It may seem easy at the moment, but it will get harder :) What rating are you at? What dragon have you got? And are you going to upload? ^^

I designed the rating system from scratch and did many calculation on how long it would take to get to certain ratings with win/loss ratios, but that was on the basis of 5-15 games per day. If people end up getting to the top too fast, then we can consider changing it.

However, the system is designed so that anyone can try it - no matter how good they are.

From England and the addon itself doesnt work or at least i dont know how to use it.

There is no icon in game to set up anything...i cant set up a team etc. Basically nothing that the addon may provide works for me.

ok i know how to rate a match now...but how do u set up a team? it says make sure all people present are in your team :S

Ieshia said:
ok i know how to rate a match now...but how do u set up a team? it says make sure all people present are in your team :S

Make sure everyone on your team is using Epeen. Then, type

“/epeen create teamSize teamNameâ€￾

for example /epeen create 2v2 My Team

Then invite the other people on the team using

“/epeen invite teamSize optionalPlayer"

for example /epeen invite 2v2 Mrmcfriend

Then you can play :) Remember to log out correctly or your ratings won't be saved.

Now that i can finally get on twinkinfo again (couldn't load up the page because wowhead's been down), i can help out.

All instructions are on the curse page (the long description when you go to download the addon).

Edit: oh and typing "/epeen help" in-game will give you all the commands you need.

Duckhunt said:
Mmm..

Oh, now you tell me... =(

Also, you uploaded the wrong file :p You uploaded:

Account\ACCOUNTNAME\REALMNAME\CHARNAME\SavedVariables\Epeen.lua

but you should have uploaded:

WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\Epeen.lua

Or you could just use Epeen Agent - that does it all for you :p

And guys, I can't stress enough the importance of logging out properly! If you don't, then all the games you played were for nothing.

Okay, so my idea is to make low level equivalent achievements that they have for level 80s.

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievements=165

So instead of spitting out a message every 1k points, it will link the level 80 achievement in progress.

[Guild] [Duckhunt]: has earned the equivalent of [Just the Two of Us: 1550]!

Maybe make it so it plays the little sound and does the flash on your screen to make it seem realistic. Also, have it so people can inspect your "earned" achievements if they have the add on.

Users who are viewing this thread