Enhancement Shaman vs Combat rogue for twink 39 lvl?

Rogues have Sprint and prep
Hunters have Aspect of the Cheetah
Druids have... everything
Magi have blink
Paladins have 15% increase to movespeed (specced)

Shamans have to spec into ghostwolf in order to reduce the cast time from 3 seconds

yes? only shamans, hunters and druids have perma movement increase unless speced. paladins only get 7% movement increase since everyone (at least twinks) runs around with minor speed. blink is not a movement increase and rogue sprint isn't comparable since its temporary

Was sprint 5 minutes in vanilla? Been so long i cant remember, I feel like it was 5 then changed to 3 in tbc or wotlk Its gonan take a while to get used to longer cds and the way that alters how casually your willing to blow them lol.....And blind lol... Shit had to getting real for me to use blind back in vanilla because i spent hours in swamp of sorrrows farming for fadelead
CAnt believe its been like 15 years since spent a gaming session farming fadelead in swamp of sorrows

Whats funny is in a scenario that almost mirrors some peoples irl rise from poverty to a better life (financially) I can distinctly remember when I started to start having more gold in wow and saying to myself ill never think twice about using blind frequently ever again hah...cant wait fof classic

Ele shaman is insanely strong at 39. Top 3 strongest spec imo. Though at 40 ele shamans get elemental mastery (100% crit, 100% mana reduce) which makes them even stronger, they lack that talent at 39. Shaman is also one of few classes at 39 with movement increase.

I'll never forget watching this over and over. The damage is scary.

yes? only shamans, hunters and druids have perma movement increase unless speced. paladins only get 7% movement increase since everyone (at least twinks) runs around with minor speed. blink is not a movement increase and rogue sprint isn't comparable since its temporary
Blink also removes stuns :) I felt as a mage FC, I had a lot of movement with blink. Also, fire spec has blazing speed, I forgot about that

Paladins have a judgement which removes that 8% bonus + blessing of freedom
[doublepost=1563354445,1563354405][/doublepost]
Was sprint 5 minutes in vanilla? Been so long i cant remember, I feel like it was 5 then changed to 3 in tbc or wotlk Its gonan take a while to get used to longer cds and the way that alters how casually your willing to blow them lol.....And blind lol... Shit had to getting real for me to use blind back in vanilla because i spent hours in swamp of sorrrows farming for fadelead
CAnt believe its been like 15 years since spent a gaming session farming fadelead in swamp of sorrows

Whats funny is in a scenario that almost mirrors some peoples irl rise from poverty to a better life (financially) I can distinctly remember when I started to start having more gold in wow and saying to myself ill never think twice about using blind frequently ever again hah...cant wait fof classic
Yes 5 minute CD on Sprint

Blink also removes stuns :) I felt as a mage FC, I had a lot of movement with blink. Also, fire spec has blazing speed, I forgot about that

I thought it was 10? Then in BC became 5? Also I’ll sponsor you either a 20 vet or a 39 in classic if it means you will come back.

i had players in many brackets, 49 was when the magic really occurred for enhanced shams, along with res/ele. 49 twinking is tough, you rely alot on AH from some BIS, instances for gear would involve a four level 60 "geared" player carry

if you look at classic beta dueling tourneys
- level 19 cap blizzcon ele sham won on horde side, not sure if one was done on ally side and results?
- level 30 cap mage won, believe it was horde side only
- level 40 cap ele sham won, included both factions

keep in mind, many enchants were not unlocked with can seriously powershift the balance of players. like +22 int to weapon. a hunter DW with +22 int on each will not be in a constant no mana auto shot state like seen in those tourneys

with enchants unlocked 39 aff lock was king in the 30-39 bracket

Last edited:

blazing speed wasnt in vanilla mate
[doublepost=1563400118][/doublepost]
i had players in many brackets, 49 was when the magic really occurred for enhanced shams, along with res/ele. 49 twinking is tough, you rely alot on AH from some BIS, instances for gear would involve a four level 60 "geared" player carry

if you look at classic beta dueling tourneys
- level 19 cap blizzcon ele sham won on horde side, not sure if one was done on ally side and results?
- level 30 cap mage won, believe it was horde side only
- level 40 cap ele sham won, included both factions

keep in mind, many enchants were not unlocked with can seriously powershift the balance of players. like +22 int to weapon. a hunter DW with +22 int on each will not be in a constant no mana auto shot state like seen in those tourneys

with enchants unlocked 39 aff lock was king in the 30-39 bracket

yep this

though generally u go 2x 15 agi since hunter autos are insane anyway. sure u can roll 2x 22 int then swap for 2x 15 agi when u go oom but generally most seem to prefer agi (at least pserver meta)

I thought it was 10? Then in BC became 5? Also I’ll sponsor you either a 20 vet or a 39 in classic if it means you will come back.
Not sure what it was, it was 8% after a few expansions

Vanilla 39 is a tempting offer, but how will you make the gold in vanilla? I’m considering a mage again :)
[doublepost=1563404288,1563404216][/doublepost]
dw still valid points
U2 I also forgot that mounts are not a thing at classic 39 which makes ghost wolf much more valuable
[doublepost=1563404661][/doublepost]
blazing speed wasnt in vanilla mate
[doublepost=1563400118][/doublepost]

yep this

though generally u go 2x 15 agi since hunter autos are insane anyway. sure u can roll 2x 22 int then swap for 2x 15 agi when u go oom but generally most seem to prefer agi (at least pserver meta)
Agi is superior fosho

Not sure what it was, it was 8% after a few expansions

Vanilla 39 is a tempting offer, but how will you make the gold in vanilla? I’m considering a mage again :)
[doublepost=1563404288,1563404216][/doublepost]
U2 I also forgot that mounts are not a thing at classic 39 which makes ghost wolf much more valuable
[doublepost=1563404661][/doublepost]
Agi is superior fosho
Herb / alc.

mage is always solid. One thing to keep in mind is, given that DM trib is left untouched, is that hunters will be able to do roughly 120g/hr in there which is completely insane. DM:N and DM:E (latter slightly nerfed compared to pservers) will still be great for mage ofc. Another thing is that Mara is out in p1 which means that it's farmable from start (good for hunters and locks). Hunter is probably gonna be the undisputed #1 goldfarming class if everything stays blizzlike.

I've played both classes at 39 on private servers so ill try provide some insight. Both classes are decent at 39 and you can make them work.

enh shaman
As someone above said, their damage is based around RNG. Get a windfury proc and crit with PoD and you can pretty much 100-0 someone within seconds. I think the question you wanna ask yourself here is if you intend to play premades etc. or not. The high RNG burst is both a blessing and a curse; when it procs you're the king and when it doesn't you're the peasant. In premades/organized PvP enh shamans aren't super prefered since they rely heavily on luck/RNG and it's hard to land predictable kills, this especially matters for WSG obviously. With that being said, if you wanna twink and have a good time and blow people up enh shaman can be super fun (and good). You could also consider elemental shaman, which arguably is top 3 strongest specs in the 39 bracket.

rogue
Rogues can be played ambush/backstab or hemo at 39 – both specs are viable. At 39 you can have prep, imp sap, blind – in other words you pretty much have your entire CC toolkit available at 39 which is insane. Though this is compensated by the fact that rogue damage in 39 is kinda underwhelming imo. From comparing all the brackets (19s, 29s, 39s, 49s, 59s, 60s) I'd say 39 rogue is probably where your damage dealing feels lowest in comparison to other classes. Eviscerate is shit at 39 so you lack a deadly finisher. I even went full +AP gear on my rogue and I still don't feel content when comparing it to other classes' damage. I kinda feel like I'm painting a too dark picture here though: rogue's dmg in 39s is far from bad and shouldn't discourage people from rolling it, however you can't go around expecting to oneshot people and be a damage machine. I think 39 rogue must be played with CCs in mind because that's their strongest USP in this bracket.
Can you list top strongest specs in the 39 bracket besides elemental shaman if you don't mind me asking?

Can you list top strongest specs in the 39 bracket besides elemental shaman if you don't mind me asking?

im not the biggest expert but I'll try make a tier list based around WSG

top tier
fc druid
aff warlock
mm hunter
ele shaman
fire or frost mage

second tier
warrior
heal priest
holy pala
rogue

third tier
shadow priest
ret pala
enh shaman

fourth tier
rest

if anyone disagrees or is not convinced, feel free to reply

Last edited:
At 39 in vanilla as twink you can easily kill an enhancement shaman as a rogue before he gets a chance to even attack you...

There's a reason vanilla twinks were basically all rogue.

It wasn't until TBC that a lot of classes could stack enough stats to not be one-hit killed.

im not the biggest expert but I'll try make a tier list based around WSG

top tier
fc druid
aff warlock
mm hunter
ele shaman
fire or frost mage

second tier
warrior
heal priest
holy pala
rogue

third tier
shadow priest
ret pala
enh shaman

fourth tier
rest

if anyone disagrees or is not convinced, feel free to reply

I mean this is always judgmental imo. Depends on if you look at WSG/AB vs just solo dueling. It seems Drama looked more at WSG for his list.

My only main additions/opinions would be:

1. disc priest can be insanely strong in the right hands and is surprisingly beefy
2. I'd move enhance shaman up to nearly on par with ele...so lets say second tier.
3. I disagree with putting shadow priest in third tier. That class is insane as long as they dont OOM. (This is a good example of a strong duelist vs WSG class).
4. I'd add a God tier for WSG and include Druid lol. Its dumb.

Also, for everyone saying 39 rogue beats enhance shaman @ 39....ok maybe but you need you're entire kit to do so + engi. Maybe a scrub enhance that doesn't own a shield, yes you'll win that. But any competent enhance shaman you will struggle. And if you do kill him it takes forever lol

Users who are viewing this thread