Enhancement Shaman PvP at 59

DKs

Dks haven't been a problem at all, minus the fact that I am 51 and they are all at least 58. If not too many things miss, then i typically take them down.

Now this might be due to a large lack of skill by the player base of dks at 59, but either way they can't deal with kiting at all so its really easy.

sandypufpuff said:
Dks haven't been a problem at all, minus the fact that I am 51 and they are all at least 58. If not too many things miss, then i typically take them down.

Now this might be due to a large lack of skill by the player base of dks at 59, but either way they can't deal with kiting at all so its really easy.

Whaaa?

Death Grip? Chains of Ice? Strangulate? Mind Freeze? Glyph of Heart Strike?

CC

Now Strangulate is a problem but most dks dont use it intelligently, by wasting it while they still got distance. Plus none of them are sneaky, probably cause they have been told they dominate at this level. So they ride straight for you and death grip you in. Even if they do get it off, which it should get eaten by grounding, you jsut FS and GW away. If you think for any reason they will open with strangulate then drop totems and switch to GW, you can out run them for the full duration and they cant stop you.

Glyph of Stoneclaw totem will take out the dmg they get off after Death grip

Heart strike and Chains are pretty much taken out by GW cause with FS on them they move slower then you and a DK that isnt in melee isnt that strong.

If you cant seem to shake them then as I said in my write up, drop earthbind which will remove the glyphed heart strike and chains completely and make you immune to them for 5 sec while slowing them further.

Mind freeze don't mean anything, you shouldn't really be casting anything and if you are then you def shouldn't be doing in melee range of them

The point is that with dks is that you can try and go toe to toe with them while they beat you cause even in BiS gear they wear plate and have better abilities for it, or you can kite kill them and rely on the fact that they have very little ability to deal with kiting. Thats why they do well in 80 pvp till you hit about 1850. Before that its easy to kill people that think that they will burst you down first. When you get above that people realize that the buttons next to the dmg ones, that make you not able to hit them, that those work. and then you stand around a lot while people shoot shit at you, or in a like 3 minute stunlock, and yes it happens, trust me I had a rogue in season 5 stunlock me for over 3 min and when I wasn't in stun he was stealthed.

sandypufpuff said:
Now Strangulate is a problem but most dks dont use it intelligently, by wasting it while they still got distance. Plus none of them are sneaky, probably cause they have been told they dominate at this level. So they ride straight for you and death grip you in. Even if they do get it off, which it should get eaten by grounding, you jsut FS and GW away. If you think for any reason they will open with strangulate then drop totems and switch to GW, you can out run them for the full duration and they cant stop you.

Glyph of Stoneclaw totem will take out the dmg they get off after Death grip

Heart strike and Chains are pretty much taken out by GW cause with FS on them they move slower then you and a DK that isnt in melee isnt that strong.

If you cant seem to shake them then as I said in my write up, drop earthbind which will remove the glyphed heart strike and chains completely and make you immune to them for 5 sec while slowing them further.

Mind freeze don't mean anything, you shouldn't really be casting anything and if you are then you def shouldn't be doing in melee range of them

The point is that with dks is that you can try and go toe to toe with them while they beat you cause even in BiS gear they wear plate and have better abilities for it, or you can kite kill them and rely on the fact that they have very little ability to deal with kiting. Thats why they do well in 80 pvp till you hit about 1850. Before that its easy to kill people that think that they will burst you down first. When you get above that people realize that the buttons next to the dmg ones, that make you not able to hit them, that those work. and then you stand around a lot while people shoot shit at you, or in a like 3 minute stunlock, and yes it happens, trust me I had a rogue in season 5 stunlock me for over 3 min and when I wasn't in stun he was stealthed.

So by kiting you mean run around in GW and frost shock until they die I take it? Otherwise, how exactly do you kite them to death, which is the important factor? That's why I mentioned Mind Freeze, if, y'know, you were thinking about tossing LB's in there.

Also, I'm really out of touch on Shammy trees/talents, esp. at higher level, so you might very well be right.

For the most part that is what i'm talking about, problem with LB is that it is slow and mana intensive as you have no pts in anything to reduce dmg. Now you want to shock till you have chipped some life away, and once you see them use their second frost rune, either with IT or Chains, they got 8sec before they can double disease again so then you GW in, Stormstrike>LL, and then GW out again using a jump turn FS ont he way out.

When stoneclaw comes off CD you get to do it again, or if you want to use Shamanistic rage then you can as well. Mainly remember that they don't hit as hard without diseases up and death strike doesnt heal them if you don't have diseases on you.

Mainly just hit a Cleanse or once your totem pulses rush them do some dmg and start Shock kiting. You can use LB if you hit them with a FS outside the 15yd range cause then they are rooted for 5 sec and you can pop off two LB but then you might want to rush them with SR just cause of the mana needs.

The reason I wrote the guide above is that I was looking for guides to help and couldn't find any that I like. Most the ones I found had enh shammys play like kamakazi fighters, run in and do as much dmg as you could before you died unless you were lucky enough to get a heal. Since i have never liked being a Stat whore in BGs and I figure I can better accomplish objectives by staying alive my tactics in the post are more hit and run tactics except on healers and some mages

Users who are viewing this thread