Enchanting mats question.

Lateraldrop

Grandfathered
I am trying to lvl my enchanting for my lvl 20 warrior and i have just a ton of the higher end mats for vanilla enchanting (illusion dust, eternal essesne, and brilliant shards) but I cannot for the life of me get any of the low level mats (strange dust and magic essense) I have tried low level zones and quests and it still is just giving me high mats. Is there any way short of dropping eng to get tailoring for me to get these lower mats reliably? I have not tried party syncing yet, just thought about that as i am typing this.

the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is flying around and buying out all the dust/essence from enchanting vendors, but that sounds tedious.

or the less desired option: drop enchanting, stock up on shit greens from tailoring, and re-start enchanting.

I believe it is to do some with Shadowlands patching squish, I noticed if you have Vanilla enchanting but are disenchanting Legion or Mists or Draenor or Vanilla or other items it seems that a intermix of uncommon and rare enchanting mats drop but never much of the starting mats from the Green/Blue items in the expansion you are getting them from.

Observations over a few weeks so far, I rarely get any common Vanilla mats from disenchanting since pre-Shadowlands patching, it almost as if the early learnt Vanilla Greens or drops are now on a higher uncommon to sometimes rare mats or dropping other expansion common mats.

I even took quests in any of the Vanilla starting areas to disenchant any greens with mixed results and ran out of mats to make vanilla Green items to disenchant so not enough for statistical point of view.

Pure f2p. Get tailoring, kill quilboars in razor or defias in westfall get linen, first make atleast 5. lvl reducing items then just craft low items and de.. ( if min max want those easy trinc and goggles for engineer)

I found the Wetlands wool-farming spot that wow-professions mentions works well (you get linen as well). Krom'gar rep items once I was past the Strange Dust/Magic Essence stage.

Last edited:
I found the Wetlands wool-farming spot that wow-professions gives works well (you get linen as well). Krom'gar rep items once I was past the Strange Dust/Magic Essence stage.
I only got lock 20 for engineer and all nonsense coming with it. On lvl 10 i farmed dm solo for cloth. So thanx for great info

Another method of getting strangedust is to d/e tailoring made gear, up to silk I believe gives strange dust. So if you are lvling vanilla tailoring ( to stock up on bandages or something) you can also grab some strange dust.

As for farming linen I would go to the amagand mills crypt, the undead mobs in there respawn when you kill the skeleton knight at the bottom that drops a quest starting item. You gather everything up aoe them down kill skeleton night and repeat. Another are is the crypts over at raven hill, a crap ton of zombies to aoe down. Only downside is lvlers killing teh quest boss killing all the zombies.

Wool cloth as horde from hillsbrad eng dwarves by the alliance av vendors. also gives silk and linen. mageweave and runecloth from burning steppes, the huge mob packs over by blackrock stronhold. I easily farm 200 of each an hour with greens and sometimes blues/epics. This is on a 20 mage would prob be faster as a higher lvl or other classes.

Users who are viewing this thread