DW War

Ive been wanting to experiment with a DW warrior lately. I finally decided to use chardev and plan him out. This is what I have so far chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner.

Im nto completely sure on the spec. Ive had some reccomendations to use the taste for blood spec even with DW but idk what do you guys think. I also tried to add some hit rating in there so I wont be flailing in the wind as much.

grrr...

riverpride choker.

precise strikes.

and think of gettin mail shoulders and enchant your boots with hit.

Bansil said:
grrr...

riverpride choker.

precise strikes.

and think of gettin mail shoulders and enchant your boots with hit.

Why say grr?

What about precise strikes =x?

What shoulders do you reccomend?

What about a more crit based build? chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

-39 ap, -110 hp (seemd you didnt want hp as much, change tiger gear to bear/monkey for more hp, or DMH). Losing this, you gain 145 armor, hit cap, and a whopping 6.8% crit.

The trick is to build the gear based on prioritizing ratings over stats, as they scale better. By taking the hit rating neck and boots chant, it opens up the gloves for +crit rating, and the shoulders.

Since you've got the BoA shoulders listed, I feel I should point out that Dal'Rend's Charge is better than Zealot Blade - Same dps, better stats. And without Whirlwind, offhand speed doesnt matter, so go with a faster one for a higher chance of UW proccing - Not sure if its a PPM or % mechanic tho.

Firstly, please don't consider Darzk's build. I actually play a warrior in this bracket and I can say that his build is a bad idea.

First things first, 2H arms is the best spec in this bracket for warriors, don't let anyone tell you different.

However, I have had alot of fun with my imperfect dual wield spec, and I def recommend trying it as it's hilarious seeing your one handed sword shit on people for 400 heroic strikes.

Secondly, roll Orc, they're funner.

On to the build!

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner This is THE dual wield build, included spec and glyph.

Let me explain why you want to gear like this should you choose to go DW,

the spec is 12/0/8, why? because arms gives you 5 percent perry, improved rend, 1 point in tactical mastery (for disarms and shield bashes and such) , improved charge (this is key) and impale,

The 8 points in prot are for improved tclap, (filler, really, although nice overall for 3 talent points) improved Bloodrage (also key) and incite, the whole reason for speccing into prot.

This build focuses on Heroic strike, so you have improved charge and improved bloodrage to build a ton of rage, and white hits which also build a ton of rage. this build has a 30 percent plus crit chance on heroic strike, also, heroic strike doesn't get penalized by the dual wield hit penalty.

The gear is the way it is because warriors need the hp, they just, do. DMH is a must, don't listen to anyone who suggests otherwise, this thing is amazing for warriors.

as a DW warrior you want to use a fast offhand, because without taste for blood you have to rely on dodges and parries (the build major glyphs overpower) and a fast offhand yields more dodges and parries because it its more often, giving you more op's.

A basic rotation that you wanna do for this spec is charge, blood fury, hamstring, rend, sunder armour until you get a crusader proc, then whore a bunch of rage , wait for an op and unleash a chain of heroic strikes. this will do a ton of damage because my heroic strikes (without even perfect gear) easily hit for 450 with sader up. it's really fun to watch chains of heroic strike crits when they happen. (got in the high 500s with orc racial up)

But yeah, I'll say again, this spec isn't the overall best 29 warrior spec, although it's very fun and if you're set on makin' it, go for it and have fun.

sry, but 5hit to boots and a riverpride choker is still better.

and not wearing a shield aganist all these hunters and rogues a 70armor chant on your back or 3agi to dps is better than nature resistance.

i totally agree on DMH. without intercept this baby can be very good in some situations.

and i would stick to throwing weapons.

Bansil said:
sry, but 5hit to boots and a riverpride choker is still better.

and not wearing a shield aganist all these hunters and rogues a 70armor chant on your back or 3agi to dps is better than nature resistance.

i totally agree on DMH. without intercept this baby can be very good in some situations.

and i would stick to throwing weapons.

Not for DW, mh cap is like 9 percent and the closer you can get to that without losing too many stats, (in this case, 6 hit for 2 stam 4 str) , the better.

The 15 nat resist IS for the rogues, resisting poisons can mean the difference between the rogue not bleed kiting you and one killing him.

Normally I would stick to throwing weps too, and I have a throwing wep on my warrior personally, but my friend (best war I know) believes pretty strongly in the bow because 'if you're only gunna get one hit or only use the bow when they're running on low hp, might as well be a big hit' not to mention the stats and hit. guess people will have dif opinions.

only suggested the bow because of the stats though, if he's serious about arena or like premade battlegrounds, then by all means he should use the Throat piercers /thick bronze darts, bandage interrupts , spell pushback ect. but if he's just gunna be PuGing or queue-ing with some friends, may as well go for the stat stick.

Ranged weps aint all about killing the opponant when he runs people do acctualy bandage in pugs and rogues there are some rogues that do try and get away. So 'd stick with the darts because spamtring is epic.. I'm happy with my current Overpower Spec. I tryed Duel weild but tbh relying on procs aint really my style so I went back to the 2h and have 1h and shield for other situations. I almost never use heroic strike so meh =].

Vallei said:
Not for DW, mh cap is like 9 percent and the closer you can get to that without losing too many stats, (in this case, 6 hit for 2 stam 4 str) , the better.

The 15 nat resist IS for the rogues, resisting poisons can mean the difference between the rogue not bleed kiting you and one killing him.

1. both hands got a 24% miss chance. there is no cap at 9%

2. i get your point in better have more than 21rating instead of having just 20. you need hits to get dodged. if you are not gettin dodged it is dmg.

3. dual crip on swords, wingclip, hamstring, conc, traps, FB, nova...there are so many snares and roots out there, im not goin to gear just to get a low chance on resisting 1 or two of em. im not talking about a duell against a rogue, maybe then it is viable. ah no, a rogue wont use a dagger with sharpening stone to bleed kite, so we are back to double crip.

at least in PuGs it is better to decrease incoming dmg.

btw, im up for testing this setup atm:

link

11rage imp clap was some very good dmg in 19. want to see how it works in 29. maybe i have to change the 3pts from imp HS...dunno yet.

Bansil said:
1. both hands got a 24% miss chance. there is no cap at 9%

2. i get your point in better have more than 21rating instead of having just 20. you need hits to get dodged. if you are not gettin dodged it is dmg.

3. dual crip on swords, wingclip, hamstring, conc, traps, FB, nova...there are so many snares and roots out there, im not goin to gear just to get a low chance on resisting 1 or two of em. im not talking about a duell against a rogue, maybe then it is viable. ah no, a rogue wont use a dagger with sharpening stone to bleed kite, so we are back to double crip.

at least in PuGs it is better to decrease incoming dmg.

btw, im up for testing this setup atm:

link

11rage imp clap was some very good dmg in 19. want to see how it works in 29. maybe i have to change the 3pts from imp HS...dunno yet.

I was sure I heard somewhere there was a MH cap and OH cap, guess not.

Anywho, we'll agree to disagree on the 15 nat res,

Resonating power is alright, I tried it out, 11 rage tclaps are nice,but I'de still go op for DW also. why would you ever spec 5 percent crit over the extra perry, the point in tac mastery, and impale........ speccing for crit without impale is retarded, speccing arms is waaaaaaaaay better per point then cruelty.

Improved heroic strike is fucking terrible. Perry is better dps per point then improved heroic strike due to swing timer resetting after perry. and the survivability, never spec imp heroic strike.

Vallei said:
Improved heroic strike is fucking terrible. Perry is better dps per point then improved heroic strike due to swing timer resetting after perry. and the survivability, never spec imp heroic strike.

i wanted to see if it is possible to get some burst with it. as i said, it is a try.

most of the time TC is the better choice over HS, but to burst someone it needs both attacks. most of the time there is not enough rage after a TC to get a HS on the next swing, so i tried lowering the cost by 3rage to see if it works. if not ill need to change these points.

to get impale i need to fill deflection and one point in tactical mastery...no dmg from that, it can be good tools yes. 5% overall crit does more dmg than impale. if you only count HS and TC you have ~30% crit. 0,3x0,2=0,06 but 0,15x0,2=0,03 and im not spamming HS tbh.

maybe ill change this spec to get more survivability, but first i need to know if imp HS is any good.

I haven't seen any dual wield warriors for weeks in BG's or even on my server.

If I notice one its always some boa geared with the boa axe.

They can hit hard but I manage to stay alive if i can heal at 50% of my hp. As they dont have any interupts except for the fear shout (many dont feel like switching to shield for interupting) they rlly have hard time against my shaman.

So i rlly would like to c how well hitcapped dual wield warrior would do against me. I always played a warrior as twink in 19 - 29 - 39 and 49 bracket and i must say arms has been the way to go for me always.

You've played a warrior in 3 brackets and say they have no interrupts besides intimidating shout? That's sad.

Neratho said:
You've played a warrior in 3 brackets and say they have no interrupts besides intimidating shout? That's sad.

@ level 29 ofc...

once they hit 30 , intercept and pummel (38) helps alot ofc :p

I cn

I didnt read the whole thread, but anyone arguing against 15 nature res needs to let me get a puff of w/e you're smoking, because it must be pretty damn good.

15 nature res is one of the few pro back chants. /endofstory

Neratho said:

You are fucking retarded, his post has no edit and he specifically mentioned his knowledge of shield bash in his damn post.

learn to fucking read.

Users who are viewing this thread