Duel SF really the best?

Is it possible for Nelfs use the following attack sequence? Stealth -->SAP--> ambush-->shadowmeld--> stealth--> sap---> ambush? and would you recommend it?

Grabco said:
Is it possible for Nelfs use the following attack sequence? Stealth -->SAP--> ambush-->shadowmeld--> stealth--> sap---> ambush? and would you recommend it?

I prefer Sap > Perfect Garrote > Stealth > Sap > Ambush

Grabco said:
how can you restealth if you are in combat?

Perfect garrote doesn't break sap. You only need like 3 secs to get out of combat. You should have just enough time to run behind your target and restealth.

2 things:

A) Dual SF is BiS since proc builds are BiS against ALL other classes besides other rogues. I'm specced 2 points in gouge and full subtelty, putting the 5 points in OH dmg isn't worth it in the long run you are correct, but its still higher overall dps to have my 2nd SF in OH even w/out talents.

B) That little NE trick won't work because you cannot sap a target that is in combat... so you'd somehow need the other target to lag for 10s after you place either garrote or ambush on him/her.

Crilicilyn said:
2 things:

A) Dual SF is BiS since proc builds are BiS against ALL other classes besides other rogues. I'm specced 2 points in gouge and full subtelty, putting the 5 points in OH dmg isn't worth it in the long run you are correct, but its still higher overall dps to have my 2nd SF in OH even w/out talents.

B) That little NE trick won't work because you cannot sap a target that is in combat... so you'd somehow need the other target to lag for 10s after you place either garrote or ambush on him/her.

Indeed. It still has the highest damage output and is most effective agains't most classes.

Crilicilyn said:
2 things:

Well, if you get along with it.

I tried many different weapon setups over and over again and Dual SF is dmg-wise definitely not my first choice.

To each his own ; )

I'm the practical type, so I try (not only once) and decide.

The TC asked for the best allround Offhand, and in my opinion SF isn't

@TC

It's always good to make your own experiences instead of relying on others.

So, give it a go. You will see soon enough what works out best for you.

Crilicilyn said:
2 things:

most classes

Asterri said:
This is actually inaccurate. The dodge % does not change when a dodge occurs. Diminishing returns on dodge is very similar to diminishing returns on armor. I'd wish blizzard would give you an actual % on your dodge instead of a % before diminishing returns. Wowwiki has a great write up on this @ Dodge - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

This, Crilly's explaination of DR was inaccurate and misleading. There is no such thing as "layers of dodge" nice term though :p

I am a fan of Smite's Reaver, I love it. I really do.

But probably cause I havn't fully geared my Rogue yet, so it pushed my hit to 11 :p But it looks different, and thats a +!

hmm... i heard tht by word of mouf and it seemed to work out that way from all my RvR. and if by Most classes you mean all but 1 then yes. All other builds fall by the wayside when it comes to overall dmg and fighting all but rogues.

and about tht link, it doesnt explain how diminishing returns are "gained". The entire point of diminishing returns was that over time chars would not be dodged not instantaneous. If blizz had planned that i'm fairly sure they would have just reduced the % (which they did actually).

Crilicilyn said:
hmm... i heard tht by word of mouf and it seemed to work out that way from all my RvR. and if by Most classes you mean all but 1 then yes. All other builds fall by the wayside when it comes to overall dmg and fighting all but rogues.

nope get bettter

hmm... highest dps build vs. a defensive build or an AP build... hmm lol tht doesnt even need an explanation

ima dude... is cool though lol i've gotten asked out in WoW a bajillion times lol. I made my rogue a female human w/ black hair cuz it looks like a fricking ninja! lmao. and yeah do u have a rogue even reflex? i c a lot of semi finished twinks thts like it. I shouldnt talk though i spend half a yr on just gettinga twink to 19 lol...

Users who are viewing this thread