Duel SF really the best?

Reflexes said:
Nah but I'd say if you bought 1 sf and put fiery on it..You could use it for almost every situation sides rvr

p

I would still use firey MH in RvR since rogues dodge really isn't that much anymore

firey/15agi but i've always been a big fan of that setup, cept in the gulch

allow me to explain dodge for everyone inRvR. SF/TB w/ dual 15 agi is BiS. Anything else falls by the way side. The dodge is based upon diminishing returns, so everytime a *dodge* occurs a percetage of dodge is negated for the next swing. Misses and hits landed do not count towards this. A faster OH is BiS for RvR since it will remove the "layers" of dodge quicker. Putting fiery in Mainhand is gimping yourself. The dodge/crit is worth more in an RvR than the nominal dps increase w/ fiery. Also if one of the rogues leaves combat even for an instant the dodge resets back to full. A lot of people did not know that I realise. I hope this helps.

PS: Feel free to repost this or cite me on it =)

I feel it is neccassary to post that dual agi is only viable for RvR and is not for ALL other classes.

Makes sense. I like the explanation of using a fasy OH to remove dodge layers. Good explanation

Crilicilyn said:
allow me to explain dodge for everyone inRvR. SF/TB w/ dual 15 agi is BiS. Anything else falls by the way side. The dodge is based upon diminishing returns, so everytime a *dodge* occurs a percetage of dodge is negated for the next swing. Misses and hits landed do not count towards this. A faster OH is BiS for RvR since it will remove the "layers" of dodge quicker. Putting fiery in Mainhand is gimping yourself. The dodge/crit is worth more in an RvR than the nominal dps increase w/ fiery. Also if one of the rogues leaves combat even for an instant the dodge resets back to full. A lot of people did not know that I realise. I hope this helps.

PS: Feel free to repost this or cite me on it =)

RvR (however stupid) is a CD war

the quicker i can make the other rogue blow Evasion before i do the better, i've tried plenty of RvR's with double 15 agi's and a fiery/15agi i prefer the damage output of fiery/15agi. The dodge now for rogues is minimal even with a fiery mainhand i sit on like 30% dodge.

Kaoslol said:

the quicker i can make the other rogue blow Evasion before i do the better, i've tried plenty of RvR's with double 15 agi's and a fiery/15agi i prefer the damage output of fiery/15agi. The dodge now for rogues is minimal even with a fiery mainhand i sit on like 30% dodge.

farming notna and beastly doesn't count...try rvring a good rogue

However, if you do have 2 SF's you should get Crusader and Icy chill so you often get a heal and also you can slow them down sometimes then you hide then bandage?

noobietwink said:
However, if you do have 2 SF's you should get Crusader and Icy chill so you often get a heal and also you can slow them down sometimes then you hide then bandage?

no comment.

Kaoslol said:

RvR isn't stupid, its just a hassle at times. A "CD war" it may be, but I can outmaneuver a rogue w/ evasion popped if he isn't sprinting. I believe most people can too. When it comes to putting fiery in your MH over 15 agility, before calculating defensive bonuses and crit bonuses versus the raw 40dmg 6ppm of fiery; it is a matter of choice. Raw math, calculations, or whatever would have the 15 agi being the deciding factor, I really don't want to entail them. During an RvR I usually get 2-3 combat resets too which refresh my "dodge layers" (lol). I started writing a lengthy hypothesis, but I'm too wasted atm sry. I'd like to go back to the matter of preference or choice in the matter. I'm sure someone else can draw up the math and if you include only 1 combat reset it should have an average of being ~70% better than fiery and w/out they should be about tied. W/ sub spec being so popular it is better to estimate between 2-5 resets actually.

Reflexes said:
farming notna and beastly doesn't count...try rvring a good rogue

Beastly isss pretty terrible lol

But RvR is pretty retarded and not a showcase of 'skill', between 2 equally skilled rogues it's pretty much just crits and 'RNG' or a crucial mistake. taking into account that there both solid rogues who know there way around basics of 1v1.. opening with garrote, throwing etc.. and there not notna ofc

Oh but it's 'dual' not 'duel'

'duel' is to challenge someone to a fight

'dual' is two of something

mehhh i dk beastly besides from his achieve history. Any duel between 2 players of skill tht close will come down to luck and maybe 1 mistake.

Crilicilyn said:
mehhh i dk beastly besides from his achieve history. Any duel between 2 players of skill tht close will come down to luck and maybe 1 mistake.

Valid point buddy, i'd debate it with ya but we've got two different views on the topic so theres no point :)

And beastly is pretty average

Reflexes said:
double SF is best burst, but tbh using it in the offhand is a waste...You could of sold that to someone it would benefit about 5 times more than you >.>

It's not a waste at all, and you shouldn't be selling your second shadowfang if you play a rogue.

The dodge is based upon diminishing returns, so everytime a *dodge* occurs a percetage of dodge is negated for the next swing.

This is actually inaccurate. The dodge % does not change when a dodge occurs. Diminishing returns on dodge is very similar to diminishing returns on armor. I'd wish blizzard would give you an actual % on your dodge instead of a % before diminishing returns. Wowwiki has a great write up on this @ Dodge - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

SF is less effective in the OH than in the MH (assuming you are capped for abilities) since all of your instant attacks have a chance to proc the "chance on hit" - one of the major reasons why Firey or LS more popular as a MH enchant than +weapon dmg (daggers) or +15agi.

As an OH, I would say that SF would be BiS for overall dmg, but can understand why ppl take CB (besides the cost). CB does provide the AP to give more pop to your "yellow" damage, but SF still does provides more dps overall + another "burst" effect.

Dual SF is only best with some points in DW spec.

Otherwise go with a fast OH that increases your MH damage and benefits most from sharpening stones.

No offense, but so far I haven't seen a single good rogue without DW spec who sticks to Dual SF for a long time.

As far as my experience goes, it's really not worth it.

Sajn~ said:

Otherwise go with a fast OH that increases your MH damage and benefits most from sharpening stones.

No offense, but so far I haven't seen a single good rogue without DW spec who sticks to Dual SF for a long time.

Agreed. But for a procc weapon. I'd go with SF in Offhand :D

Sajn~ said:

^^^^ this

Users who are viewing this thread