Dragonflight F2P Baseline Guide

Hmm I have +1 Agility & Minor Speed enchant on my hunter and I'm at 176% speed w/ or w/o the boots. Is plain minor speed enchant somehow different?

I checked my speed using macro:
Code:
/script print(string.format("Current speed: %d%%", GetUnitSpeed("player") / 7 * 100))

Yes, it is well known that Minor Speed is the only stackable boots speed enchant in the game in the last couple of expansions. Everything else does not, you are right.

Changelog report 2.0:

Added information on Endless Mana Potion / Endless Healing Potion, as well as a list of required mats.
Added reminder for the Journeyman Riding trainer visit.
Clarified the Umbra Shard and Veiled Shatter part (extra skill-ups).
Added Zen Pilgrimage (Monk) as another quick way to reset a dungeon.
Explained the situation with the unavailable Horde BFA Enchants from Enchantress Quinni
Added Loot Spec Swapper - an addon that remembers your loot specialization changes per boss.
Added Explorer's Pack and Thick Hide Pack - 18 Slot (expensive) and 14 Slot (cheap) VENDOR bags for temporary use.

Last edited:
this perfect you are awesome for this guide. so well formatted and so detailed. i cant imagine effort went into this. TY BIG TIME

1. Class and Race

F2P accounts have access to all previously introduced classes (excluding Evokers) and all non-allied races (excluding Dracthyr).

The state of the bracket is always changing, so rolling a class that is OP right now does not mean it won't be a C or D-tier character in a couple of months. I have always advocated for choosing the playstyle and letting everything else be fun instead of pushing the most broken thing for a week/month and getting burned out. There are some general class recommendations - having a healing spec, good mobility, the ability to stealth or a pet are all things that increase your chance of survival in both PVP and PVE, and less dying usually means more fun.

Regarding race choice, the differences are smaller than ever before, so you don't need to put too much pressure on that. More info HERE or in your character creation screen, and if you really want to get into the min-maxing, check this cool spreadsheet. A notable exception would be the Night Elf, which makes farming gear (and all PVE-related stuff) a LOT easier, by having the ability to Shadowmeld.
Another post where my base stat sheet is use! (I'm totally fine that your use it! Sharing is caring!)
My power is extended everyday!
Nice post too! Great job!

huge job, alot of options, and nice work in this guide.

only thing i see as a issue is mentioning F2Ps turning on/off XP. F2Ps can't turn off XP. imo, there needs to be a distinction between Vet20s and F2Ps.

only thing i see as a issue is mentioning F2Ps turning on/off XP. F2Ps can't turn off XP. imo, there needs to be a distinction between Vet20s and F2Ps.
they can, but no unsubbed char can turn ON xp gain, which means if you lock xp as f2p, you can no longer join bgs on that character EVER AGAIN. i think that should ho into the guide.

I am definitely making the distinction and the whole guide is written for F2Ps, not vets. F2Ps can actually turn off the XP, many have done it. The problem is that you won't be able to turn it back on or do any battlegrounds, that is why I have specifically mentioned that in bold and red - if you don't find a GM to unlock it for you, your character is pretty much dead PVP-wise.

Changelog report 3.0:

Added all the notable options for rare-quality (ilvl 61) gems:
* Timeless Dreadstone (2 Int, 2 Stam)
* Purified Dreadstone / Mysterious Dreadstone (2 Int, 2 Vers)
* Veiled Dreadstone / Potent Ametrine (2 Int, 2 Crit)
* Reckless Ametrine (2 Int, 2 Haste)
* Shifting Dreadstone (2 Agi, 2 Stam)
* Deadly Ametrine (2 Agi, 2 Crit)
* Deft Ametrine / Glinting Dreadstone (2 Agi, 2 Haste)
* Sovereign Dreadstone (2 Str, 2 Stam)
* Etched Dreadstone / Inscribed Ametrine (2 Str, 2 Crit)
* Fierce Ametrine (2 Str, 2 Haste)

*TBC single stat gems scale to 3 at level 20 (they stay 3 at level 29 and in BG) Unavailable for F2Ps.
*Cata single stat epic gems scale to 3 at level 20 (they stay 3 at level 29 and in BG) Unavailable for F2Ps.
*Cata double stat gems scale to 2/2 (they stay 2/2 at level 29 and in BG) and are the only source of main stat + mastery. Unavailable for F2Ps.

is it possible to get the order hall quest item upgrade change too? would that stack with the garrison one? Thinking of getting all the bonuses before completing those quest

is it possible to get the order hall quest item upgrade change too? would that stack with the garrison one? Thinking of getting all the bonuses before completing those quests

You can get it, its documented here. The higher chance only works on quests from that expansion tho, no all quests.

*If for whatever reason you decide to go the quest route, first get the increased upgrades chance bonuses from the WoD Garrisons and the Legion Class Halls.

You can get it, its documented here. The higher chance only works on quests from that expansion tho, no all quests.
thanks I do remember reading it somewhere last time, i got confused cause i tried to find it again and got no luck so i thought itwas from another thread. Thanks very much for linking it

A bit tricky to get to the entrance without a Fly Mount
You could start any dungeon/BG/arena que and die at Shadowmoon Vally. The spirit will appear on a fly mount.
After that, you could fly right to the dungeon entrance, wait for instance proc, leave it ASAP and enjoy your farming =)

Another good trick is using the "summon friend" service.
When you have a sub or free days, just create a new trial WOW account and recruit it as a friend to your veteran account (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/46861).
It gives you a free summon skill every 30 minutes. Skill cooldown is based on summoning character, so you can create as many teleporters as possible and put them in the necessary spots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread