Dragonflight F2P Baseline Guide

There is no word in our language strong enough to decribe how great this guide is, not since the elves left the Middle-Earth.
No seriously that is amazing, a crazy well done guide I tip my hat to ya.

Changelog report:
- Added Dragon's Call and Treant's Bane as options for classic ilvl 87 alternatives.
- Added Shrouded Cloth Bag and Hexweave Bag as crafted bag alternatives.
- Added a trick that helps you reset Iron Docks (and any other dungeon) in 30 sec, skipping the whole run back.
* You need to be grouped with someone that is not in the dungeon. Once done, you log out and the group leader resets the dungeon. You then log in and find yourself at the start of the dungeon with all bosses reset. Takes around 30 sec, it's way faster than having to run back all the way for 3 minutes. Can be used in other dungeons as well.
- Added information that Frozen Orb can be purchased for 75 gold from Arcanist Ivrenne and used to buy uncommon WoTLK crafting reagents from Frozo the Renowned.
- Added Some Dust (daily quest) - an easy way to get Primal Spirit, which can later be used to purchase any uncommon WOD crafting reagent from Ashley Zerep.
- Added information that Blood of Sargeras can be used to buy common Legion crafting reagents from Illnea Bloodthorn
- Added Elexir of Tongues, Lunarfall Excavation, Level 2 and Fishing Shack, Level 2 as gold sink options.
- Added Orboreal Distinguishment, sold by Purveyor Zo'kuul for 2000x Honor, that contains 5x Mark of Honor.

Let me know if there is anything else that can be helpful.

There is 1 more trick for reseting Iron docks as druid
Just use your Dreamwalk ability 2 times, you will get teleported to entrance of the dungeon, take about 10 - 15 seconds depending on your loading screen time

But overall awesome guide!

There is 1 more trick for reseting Iron docks as druid
Just use your Dreamwalk ability 2 times, you will get teleported to entrance of the dungeon, take about 10 - 15 seconds depending on your loading screen time

But overall awesome guide!
Yea, we druids have it easy. Too bad all Order Halls don't have a custom teleport. Other than druid, only DK have a port, right?

Yea, we druids have it easy. Too bad all Order Halls don't have a custom teleport. Other than druid, only DK have a port, right?
Yes, but it takes a bit more time since its 1 minute CD
Still faster then walking all the way to entrance

mages have one too, but i guess they aren’t really relevant because i’m not sure they are able to solo.

mages have one too, but i guess they aren’t really relevant because i’m not sure they are able to solo.
I will add the information for Druids, DKs and Mages just in case. And atm with the Legion trinkets, everyone can solo ;)

I do not see Gale-Force Strinking enchant in your list @DoByG. I have been using this enchant for my enha shammy and also for my survival & MM hunter. Do you think that Force Multiplier is better?
Oh, right. I use it on my speed sets to proc Ooze faster but it actually can be useful in PVP I guess. I will add it as well, thanks.

I will add the information for Druids, DKs and Mages just in case. And atm with the Legion trinkets, everyone can solo ;)

Oh, right. I use it on my speed sets to proc Ooze faster but it actually can be useful in PVP I guess. I will add it as well, thanks.
Add monks too, they can tp to shrine and back (outside of resetted instance, taking 1 min + loading screen time*2).
As for Gale-Force - its really great for SV/MM, and, unlike high-level enchants, can be easily researched - we have dead lock for horde enchanting trainer with Nazjatar n/a and no way to learn from Zuldazar.
(Ofc, we're having some good time to bypass it this weekend with granted game time and AH access).

Now, a penny concerning addons.
Speed is so nice stat, that you may want to have it displayed all the time. Old faithful MonkeySpeed addon, great for retail, imba for f2p.
Manual selecting of loot spec is so annoying and will certainly lead to some mistakes - you can use things like Loot Spec Swapper to remeber your choices per boss (working as extra option for dungeon journal).

Can somebody please explain?
- BFA - Repeatedly clear the trash in the Freeholddungeon, farm uncommon-quality items to DE and Tidespray Linen to craft Tidespray Linen Bracers (to later scrap in the Scrap-O-Matic 1000 for Expulsom). When you find yourself in need of Umbra Shart and Veiled Crystal, start crafting and scraping Honorable Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter and Sinister Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter (higher rank recipes available by Leedan Gustaf).
Just tried Honorable Scepter and wasted 11 umbra shards.

Regarding leveling (especially over and over for epic socket gear) the easiest way I've found is to make an alliance character, run to the little lake outside of Stormwind with the endlessly spawning murlocs, make a /tar murloc + (ranged) attack macro, use hardware or software to press that key over and over and let it run over night. (Takes 3 hours on average)

I don't think minor speed enchant stacks with +speed items (once you get beyond 10%), so may as well skip that part of the grind.

I don't think minor speed enchant stacks with +speed items (once you get beyond 10%), so may as well skip that part of the grind.
It does stack for sure and skipping this part of the grind will be a huge mistake. I am currently running at 160+ % on my DH and close to 200 % on my druid cat.

Can somebody please explain?

Just tried Honorable Scepter and wasted 11 umbra shards.
I will clarify it better in the guide. You won't get much, it definitely costs more to make than you get from DE, but once you get to the point where you are not leveling your skill with dust and have to spend umbra shards anyway, this is a good and cheap alternative to get at least something back (just don't be using the Rank 1 recipe). The sinister scepter is even better once you get to unlock it (Rank 2 again), because you get Veiled Crystal, which can be shattered to Umbra Shard for extra skill-ups.

Add monks too, they can tp to shrine and back (outside of resetted instance, taking 1 min + loading screen time*2).
As for Gale-Force - its really great for SV/MM, and, unlike high-level enchants, can be easily researched - we have dead lock for horde enchanting trainer with Nazjatar n/a and no way to learn from Zuldazar.
(Ofc, we're having some good time to bypass it this weekend with granted game time and AH access).

Now, a penny concerning addons.
Speed is so nice stat, that you may want to have it displayed all the time. Old faithful MonkeySpeed addon, great for retail, imba for f2p.
Manual selecting of loot spec is so annoying and will certainly lead to some mistakes - you can use things like Loot Spec Swapper to remeber your choices per boss (working as extra option for dungeon journal).

Thank you for the details! I will definitely add Monk to the list. Also looks like the horde enchanting lockout is confirmed now (i only hear rumors) so this is going as a note as well. Both addons look promising, will test them today and most certainly add them to the list!

Great guide! Also worth mentioning that all the cool kids play on EU-ArgentDawn :ezW:
Many moons ago, Twisting Nether (Ally) and Aggramar (Horde) were THE places to be. RIP

Last edited:
It does stack for sure and skipping this part of the grind will be a huge mistake. I am currently running at 160+ % on my DH and close to 200 % on my druid cat.
Hmm I have +1 Agility & Minor Speed enchant on my hunter and I'm at 176% speed w/ or w/o the boots. Is plain minor speed enchant somehow different?

I checked my speed using macro:
Code:
/script print(string.format("Current speed: %d%%", GetUnitSpeed("player") / 7 * 100))

Users who are viewing this thread