DPS NERFS TO NEARLY ALL SPECS (exept rogues wich gets buffed)

Vincent said:
Rofl the new one says nothing about Ambush or Sinister Strike, instant karma for all of you posting happy borats and whatnot

They all ready said they're nerfing lower level rogues. It's gonna happen one way or another!

It's not "another way", it's the same way, everything that was posted is still up, they just removed the text to not scare away 80's... I ran the exact numbers for lvl 39 bracket, I dunno for 19, but very close to what has been posted initially, that is : button strike < white damage

fochixi said:
Acutally I think this solves a lot of problems. Avoidance twinks have always provided a nice counter to the over-abundance of rogues..............instead of overpopulating the bracket with hunters it gives other options. Now that resilience is nerfed, avoidance twinks will suffer at the hands of casters.....which should see a rise in numbers.

The main three classes that roll avoidance twinks, Rogue, Warrior, Pally, are all now without their movement altering abilities. BoF, Hamstring, and Sprint all gone. It's going to be a lot more difficult to keep everyone front facing now.

It's a win, win, .............. win.

when did blizz nerf resilience on low levels?

avoidance twinks....top rolls i saw this 4-day weekend where druids, priests, and paladins...hands down with a occasional warrior or hunter. resilience really doesn't help a rogue like it does a healer classes. the 10 warrior i saw had a pocket heal also a 10 near all games

Mangles Damage got halfed!! o_O Hope Feral won't be useless in 4.0.3.

In compare to the other nerfs this looks a bit harder.

kr3b5 said:
Mangles Damage got halfed!! o_O Hope Feral won't be useless in 4.0.3.

In compare to the other nerfs this looks a bit harder.

Critting 350 in cat form, as the lowest class to crit with an ability @19 (melee) to the best of my knowledge. Reducing that by half would leave their white attacks critting more than their yellow... I'd love to be in a Blizzard Dev Headquarter just for a day... I'd prolly end up being stoned out of my mind... (c what I did thur?)

lindenkron said:
Critting 350 in cat form, as the lowest class to crit with an ability @19 (melee) to the best of my knowledge. Reducing that by half would leave their white attacks critting more than their yellow... I'd love to be in a Blizzard Dev Headquarter just for a day... I'd prolly end up being stoned out of my mind... (c what I did thur?)

350 Cat form Mangle crits is kinda low O_O I usually hit around 450-550 in cat form

Donniedarkõ said:
It's not "another way", it's the same way, everything that was posted is still up, they just removed the text to not scare away 80's... I ran the exact numbers for lvl 39 bracket, I dunno for 19, but very close to what has been posted initially, that is : button strike < white damage

I hope you're right.

Duckhunt said:
They all ready said they're nerfing lower level rogues. It's gonna happen one way or another!

*Gasp!*

Wait so... FC druids still have a chance now??? :O

yes-no.gif

Heroic Strike now scales from 75% of Attack Power, up from 60%

Bloodthirst now scales from 62% of Attack Power, down from 75%.

Looking good for warriors! Since damage is all we have

Backstab is also 200% at level 80. If you are on beta, you may have a tooltip that says 150%, but it is lying to you. If you are on live, it has always been 200% and will stay that way for Cataclysm.

Below level 80, Backstab (and other attacks) will do less weapon damage, which is really all this change was trying to accomplish.

Source: MMO-Champion BlueTracker | Rogues -- yes Nerf more.

shanker said:
when did blizz nerf resilience on low levels?

avoidance twinks....top rolls i saw this 4-day weekend where druids, priests, and paladins...hands down with a occasional warrior or hunter. resilience really doesn't help a rogue like it does a healer classes. the 10 warrior i saw had a pocket heal also a 10 near all games

Blizz nerfed resilience shortly after patch 4.0.1, when level 10's were rocking 90% damage reduction. Resilience still scales better at lower level, as do all combat ratings, but, they are not invincible.

Avoidance twinks still die to spell damage. With the loss of speed modifiers for level 10's they will have a more difficult time keeping face forward to utilize all that avoidance. With burst damage being nerfed, we end up with a much more balanced bracket, no matter what level you are.

fochixi said:
With burst damage being nerfed, we end up with a much more balanced bracket, no matter what level you are.

Some classes can't do anything without burst dmg. So I wouldn't call out the "balanced" that fast. It's going to drop a lot of classes, most likely putting hunters back in their fotm position as of prior to patch 4.0.1.

So now it will be harder to kill that level 10 hunter. . . This sounds fun.

Eliot said:
So now it will be harder to kill that level 10 hunter. . . This sounds fun.

They will only have concussion shot for kiting and won't be doing very good damage if they are geared for resilience. They will probably be BM spec, but, pets are really weak so I don't see Intimidate being a problem. Nothing that a good 19 can't handle

Users who are viewing this thread