Does world PvP events still happen?

I think there should be a death match in the old unfinished area behind strat or in those huge crypts in goesids exploration thread.

If you were to do an event, I would make it cross realmed, not 1 single server. A lot of people wouldn't reroll for the occasional event. Last time, we just got a few p2ps and crz'd everyone who was interested into a group. We played in zul'gurub (which is nice because there are no mobs in there low level and when you die inside of it, you get an instant res right outside the instance) and in Ahn'Qiraj (which also has no mobs in it). You need to find a spot, think of an objective (capture a point, straight up deathmatch), and organize it on TI, get people to back you.

World events don't "happen". They are born through blood, patience, and godly organizational skillz. :p

Where your confusion lies is there was much TALK about WPvP. But with the lack of organization, they never happened. Yes, a few happened. But not a "lot".
There are many areas of easy access for WPvP that have little upper level travel. I can think of four just right off the top of my head. The real challenge is getting a GY close by.
/cheers

Sweetsidney

If you were to do an event, I would make it cross realmed, not 1 single server. A lot of people wouldn't reroll for the occasional event. Last time, we just got a few p2ps and crz'd everyone who was interested into a group. We played in zul'gurub (which is nice because there are no mobs in there low level and when you die inside of it, you get an instant res right outside the instance) and in Ahn'Qiraj (which also has no mobs in it). You need to find a spot, think of an objective (capture a point, straight up deathmatch), and organize it on TI, get people to back you.

I´ve attended events at both of these spots, was so fun. I think we were 30-40 players each side that the most.

Users who are viewing this thread