Do you have an 80 main?

• Yes, I have an 80 main

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't have an 80 main

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chaos

OG
Since im now posting on the forums, I thought that I'd set up a poll to try to answer a question Ive wanted an answer to for a long time: do most 19 twinks have 80 mains? I thought about it most when people always talked about how much difficulty they were having with getting AGMs.

I'm most interested in answering this question in the 19 bracket because the gear is much easier to obtain compared with the gear of other brackets (Deadman's Hand, Atal'ai gear, Revelosh gear, etc).

Personally I have an 80 main, hes both a deep ulduar raider and a furious pvper =D.

I have an 80 main, its not on the same server that most of my twinks are on -but I still have one :) I raided all of naxx with him, and currently raid ulduar - Im a balance druid so arenas isn't too much fun...but I enjoy BG's every now and then - I am seriously considering 100% quitting end-game raiding however, because WOTLK raiding sucks ass compared to TBC

I leveled to 80 on a paladin/DK in my first two weeks, then started twinking.

Yeah, I have an 80 main plus 3 level 80 alts, all three of which can be attributed to my twinking. I loved my 19 Shaman and Hunter so much that I made new ones to level to cap (the Shaman even ended up becoming my main). I hated my 19 Pally so much that I got bored one day and figured "what the hell, lets see how easily I can quest with my twink gear". That experiment lead me to take her to the cap.

I was pretty active in endgame at the end of TBC and beginning of WotLK. Downed Archie, Illy, and a couple SWP bosses prior to 3.0 and participated in server first Sarth3D. I've now also downed every boss but Yogg in Ulduar10 just cause I still get asked to fill in with some of my old friends, but I quit raiding full-time prior to 3.1.

As for endgame PvP, I've was a challenger for seasons 1-5 with a 1700ish rating each time. Never broke 1850. Basically, I'm just good enough to know how bad I really am. My arena teammate quit prior to season 6, so I am sort of done with that.

Twinks are what I do now.

The answer is no.

After spending 20 hours per week raiding and 20 hours per week in arena I decided I'm not buying wotlk :p

i don't have an 80. but i can tell you that if your having trouble getting AGM, use the technique involving pygmy oil! It truly works. :)

I don't have an 80. My highest is a 73. With the exp in BGs changes I will probably manage to reach 80 before she gets too dusty.

Fearitself said:
i don't have an 80. but i can tell you that if your having trouble getting AGM, use the technique involving pygmy oil! It truly works. :)

could you explain the pygmy oil thing? Dont you have to rez in the box, and pygmy oil fades after death right?

Omgimarogue - stand where the chest spawns - turn into a gnome via pygmy oil - log out, when the chest drops - log in and you are inside it as a gnome

hard part is knowing when to log in ^^

I do have an 80 but he is not on a realm where I have any twinks so I am going to say no. All my twink realms have a 58-63 dk supporting them.

i play mostly end game PVP...

but when i lose often, i get into twinking so yeah i have a 80 and a few 70+ that i do need to level to 80 too !

i also like to have choices when i play because i got so much classes i like !

Omgimarogue said:
could you explain the pygmy oil thing? Dont you have to rez in the box, and pygmy oil fades after death right?

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but here's what I did and it...kinda worked.

Went there with a bag full of oil right before the chest was going to drop. Once the goblin dropped it, I ran into the arena with all the 80s. I made a mad dash for the chest, got 'inside' of it, and then got killed. Ran back to stand inside of the chest again, but did not rezz.

Logged in an hour later when no one was around, rezzed, popped a few oils, logged out. Waited for the next chest, went with an 80 and stayed outside the arena so I could time the chest drop right. Logged over to mini-twink and looted. Unfortuently, they saw the swirls and I got killed. Haven't tried again yet.

I am new to posting here, but have been lurking for a few months. I do have an 80 main, but was getting bored with the constant upgrading of both PvP and PvE gear. I still really loved the game, so I started twinking. It really helps to have a high level toon to get mats, supplies, and a bankroll.

bump to continue getting votes, so far the results are interesting

I have an 80 main

I have an 80 main but I would much rather be logged into my twinks. I tried so hard to level my main to 70 before Wrath was released. I thought you had to be at end game to have fun. Wrath was pretty cool to explore but I just dont have time to be a hard core raider. I worked on getting all of the best in slot ilvl 200 items I could and then my main stalled. With nothing to do I started playing WinterGrasp and now I can't get enough of BGs. I only log in to my main to play WG and do dailies so that I can fund my twinks. Twinks helped me to get excited about the game again.

Users who are viewing this thread