Do you guys often encounter LFG people who get mad at you for running a dungeon "too fast"?

I was farming Waycrest Manor the other day on my mage for my beloved Balefire Branch using Dungeon Finder and suddenly one of the groups was getting pissed at me for running in front of the tank and clearing out trash with my AoE. I've never seen a group get mad at me for speeding up the run but then the tank started telling me to SLOW DOWN in all caps and telling me that I'm a moron...

A few runs later of Waycrest Manor and I get a Guardian Druid tank that I was running slightly behind and AoE'ing to clear trash and after the first boss, he just types "oofc" and leaves the group. At least he didn't call me a moron like the other guy.

Is this a regular occurrence with you guys too? Usually all the other groups appreciate moving quickly through dungeons and getting some loot.

Anyone who doesn’t play within the narrow bounds of the “community standard” is basically automatically subject to this treatment

You’re either going to find the person who is in absolute awe having never seen such a skilled player as yourself before…

Or you’re gonna find the complainers like this or people who are convinced you are hacking or otherwise a plague on the game.

I recommend to solo as much as possible to remove the chances for these encounters.

Sure I've seen it before, the healer or dps would leave and they think i would die without them or smth.

seen it a bunch of times ....even seen twinks get kicked from groups but that is usually when the twink is the healer and they are running ahead of the group, not healing at all and leaving mobs for the rest of the group to kill

lost track of how many times i got kicked over the years, for essentially boosting ppl 4free o_O guess it ruins some peoples "immersion" or w/e

Reactions: Ivo
You're pinned to the fucking gills in gear and taking advantage of obviously borked scaling to rip through group content solo.

It's pretty obvious to see where people would be frustrated by waiting in que for 10 minutes only to then spend the next 5 minutes doing nothing but following some tank on a mission to set a speed record.

Some people might appreciate the quick XP, but others will be frustrated for what are (i hope) obvious and wide ranging reasons. And theyre no more wrong for being frustrated by you than you are for being frustrated by them.

You're pinned to the fucking gills in gear and taking advantage of obviously borked scaling to rip through group content solo.

It's pretty obvious to see where people would be frustrated by waiting in que for 10 minutes only to then spend the next 5 minutes doing nothing but following some tank on a mission to set a speed record.

Some people might appreciate the quick XP, but others will be frustrated for what are (i hope) obvious and wide ranging reasons. And theyre no more wrong for being frustrated by you than you are for being frustrated by them.
dont que rdf then tbh

queing for a pug and expecting anything but the lowest of low quality gameplay is madness in itself.

goes both ways ofc

Once geared, unless u r on a class that is tricky to solo, I wouldn’t bother joining a group. A lot of classes can solo and clear dungeons so fast it’s not funny.

I have been in some where a juiced 10 in speed gear flys on ahead… so fast I literally fail to keep up by simply looting mobs behind them…..

I know I personally don’t like to run ahead of the tank in a group situation out of coming courtesy. Yeah sure, u could run in ahead of him….. but let them have their moment ;)

I pretty much see it the same as chops. I'd you can solo the dungeon just go solo it stop trying to show off to random levelers lol.

i have also seen people cheer my fresh level 10, then get disappointed when they realize they are not getting the fast blow thru.

rage complaints i have seen most is when a tank comes in, and realize the level 10 MW, 10arc mage, 14 fury war is dusting them. wondering whats going on and worse may have died or never made it past second boss and the dungeon is done,

Yes, and it's nothing new.

While the majority of people love it because they just want the xp, there's always some wet blanket who will make comments until they get a response. Yesterday, some guy said I was boring, unsolicited. Ok. I'm having fun. I'm sorry you're not.

Yeah don't do that :kekD:.
Some people want to experience the dungeon and play their role.
Can't do that when you go all out.
Tank can't hold aggro, dps can't attack anything and the healer gets bored.
So make sure you ask the team if they are okay with you going all out (all out doesnt mean you rush everything).

It's better if you farm that item with other level 11 twinks.

Queue as tank, if possible. Pull the whole instance, healer won't be bored. If dps starts pulling their own stuff, let them die. That's a learning point for all new players. Win/Win.

While I don't do 30s and not 10s, I had my share of 10s (shoutout to Flitzpipe, if they're around here), I don't think it's fair to jump into a dungeonfinder group and reduce everyone else in the group to a bunch of bystanders that run unopposed through a pile of corpses left behind.
If you can't at least pretend to be in a group, go solo the dungeon.

While there are many players in levelling dungeons that just want to get on with it, there are still new players that haven't played the game for 18 years. While this is not FF14, I believe these players should still get the chance to experience their class in a group setting and to experience the vast amount of dungeons provided in WoW.

Not seeing these people ever again doesn't mean they're NPCs.

I like it best when they don't rush things so much that I cannot get back into stealth after combat before the Tank has pulled someone else to come stab me. But I figure, hey if the Tank wants to run around like a maniac it's not my problem. That's a Healer problem.

Users who are viewing this thread