DK stat prio?

That sounds like a bug since both Wowhead and askmrrobot say it should be affected by haste
Neither Wowhead nor AskMrRobot say that Frost Fever is affected by haste.
pretty sure haste only works for dots on mana classes. atleast thats how it used to be, non mana classes would instead regen their not mana faster.
I also checked a few assassination rogue abilities on there and it says they are affected by haste, so it might not be as simple as mana classes vs non-mana classes.

Haste works for rogue ticks.

I also checked a few assassination rogue abilities on there and it says they are affected by haste, so it might not be as simple as mana classes vs non-mana classes.

Some1 gotta tell me how haste benefits any DK spec during the first 9 rune expenditure other than GCD, maybe abit higher chance to proc fallen crusader/crusader as well ? Haste doesnt increase frost fever or blood boil damage either or reduce their damaging duration.

How does it increase your healing ? you can death strike abit more often, but it wont increase your blood drain. It wont decrease your blooddrinker CD either, only your channel time. Won't vers that directly increases ur drain and increases defense as well benefit you more than haste ?
Anyway. my stat prio in open world is
Vers = mastery > haste for frost and unholy
and in BG it's
Vers = mastery = haste for frost and unholy.
I'd say for blood i would choose Vers > haste > mastery.
You'll get all the crit you'll need from tbc socket pieces.
DK’s need Runes. Haste increases ur Rune regen.
Without much Haste, u will find yourself short of Runes fairly quickly and unable to do much.

Also, Heals for Blood comes from many sources. Spreading Blood Plague is a small HoT, then Blood Drinker talent, u could also talent Rot & Wither. As u mentioned u can get Death Strike quicker. Crusader or Fallen Crusader also have a heal which proc quicker with Haste.

If u want to play ur DK like a melee class, u will struggle without a decent amount of Haste.

But if ur happy to sit behind the lines and be a plague spreader, then granted, u won’t need to worry about Haste.

Was fairly sure I had read the correct one, but I might have had another tab open for Frost Fever. Neither Blood Plague nor Frost Fever is, but I think that's the only class with dots that are not affected by haste. Feral Druids Rake etc are also affected by haste

DK’s need Runes. Haste increases ur Rune regen.
Without much Haste, u will find yourself short of Runes fairly quickly and unable to do much.

Also, Heals for Blood comes from many sources. Spreading Blood Plague is a small HoT, then Blood Drinker talent, u could also talent Rot & Wither. As u mentioned u can get Death Strike quicker. Crusader or Fallen Crusader also have a heal which proc quicker with Haste.

If u want to play ur DK like a melee class, u will struggle without a decent amount of Haste.

But if ur happy to sit behind the lines and be a plague spreader, then granted, u won’t need to worry about Haste.
Yes and in practice, 30% vers instead of 35% haste will grant you 15% damage reduction and 30% increased drain which will make up for slightly less crusader procs and deathstrike uses. Anti magic shell also directly benefits from vers. Haste does not increase your Blood plague HoT or your Bloodrinker damage nor your death and decay damage so you get less healing from Rot and Wither as well.

Yes and I did take into consideration DoT damage interval over the duration, kewnobber...

Waiting for rune regen is the fault of not doing enough damage to burst a target down during the first 6 runes expenditure.
But as I said in my stat priority I won't dismiss haste but I wouldn't make it a priority over vers. Haste definitely is valueable in BG's because there's often longer fights and more players where you can really feel rune regen lacking, but that happends even with alot of haste- 35% haste makes your rune regen go down from 10.00 sec to 7.50 sec.
Apparantly 2.5 sec lower rune regen apparantly makes someones unfit to be a melee user and instead be a backline sitting DoT applier ? pls.

Haste is funnier to play though but not as fun if you die too fast, which you will with 15% less damage reduction less drain and less shield

Here's my haste build btw, i don't pull these values out of nothing.
upload_2022-6-6_16-10-25.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread