disc priest

Offensive Disc is probably most overplayed spec at the moment because of penance's high burst potential and PW:S's 550 absorb shields.

I play defensive disc myself, and I must say that it's awesome with 1second lower shield cooldown, which is a gamebreaking talent and mostly overlooked one.

So yes, disc is more than viable. Now let's just hope that they'll nerf the penance's damage so it wouldn't be a better choice as dps spec over shadow :I

I would choose holy over disc anytime..

1. 3sec Holy Word: Chastise is great combined with minor run speed especially against noob hunters that doesnt know how to kite and to stop people trying to run away from the group you a healing,.

2. Next patch they nerf shield, so you will need more healing and holy 15% more heals will indeed come in handy.

Sure disc is nice, but its just not viable enough, especially not in next patch :)

But.. Some people just like penance :)

Oliks said:
I would choose holy over disc anytime..

1. 3sec Holy Word: Chastise is great combined with minor run speed especially against noob hunters that doesnt know how to kite and to stop people trying to run away from the group you a healing,.

2. Next patch they nerf shield, so you will need more healing and holy 15% more heals will indeed come in handy.

Sure penance is nice, but its just not viable enough, especially not in next patch :)

But.. Some people just like penance :)

Disc gives 15% more intellect, which winds up increasing your sp by a decent bit.

Oasis said:
Disc gives 15% more intellect, which winds up increasing your sp by a decent bit.

Yes, disc does give you the 15% more intellect. But if you are healer only, then Holy will do better.

Holy gives you Empowered Healing for 15% better Flash heals and Improved Renew for 10% more Renew :)

And also Desperate Prayer if you need some quick self healing.

Only thing really good about Disc is the 20% better shield at next patch. But at 19 Shield costs around 100mana and so does flash heal.

Oliks said:
Yes, disc does give you the 15% more intellect. But if you are healer only, then Holy will do better.

Holy gives you Empowered Healing for 15% better Flash heals and Improved Renew for 10% more Renew :)

And also Desperate Prayer if you need some quick self healing.

Only thing really good about Disc is the 20% better shield at next patch. But at 19 Shield costs around 100mana and so does flash heal.

shield is instant, even though it has debuff.

Penance is also instant, despite being projectile-based.

I've played both specs. and I personally prefer Disc.

It's

-slightly more mobile healing

-a larger mana pool

-increased sp

-instant heals

-better dmg

-better/quicker bubbles

against

-Larger flash heals

-better renews

-an instant cast heal on a long cd

-and a stun

notoriousthf said:
shield is instant, even though it has debuff.

Penance is also instant, despite being projectile-based.

Yes shield is instant, but shield gives a 14sec cooldown on player that it has been cast on, Which flash heal doesnt, so i would more take like 500healing and a 450shield (with 14sec debuff & a 10% better renew). than 400healing and a 500shield (14sec debuff)

Penance is nice, but might aswell use a flash. And i think that the 3 sec "stun" that chastice gives, will do better in 2v2 combats, for a quick "silencer" on the offensive damage maker :)

Oasis said:
I've played both specs. and I personally prefer Disc.

It's

-slightly more mobile healing

-a larger mana pool

-increased sp

-instant heals

-better dmg

-better/quicker bubbles

against

-Larger flash heals

-better renews

-an instant cast heal on a long cd

-and a stun

This was taking out of a healers only perspective, with the occasionnel DoT. I see disc more of a heal/damage. and Holy as a Heal only (with a nice timebreaker stun) spec. Which is why i did not put in the +damage.

And a larger mana pool is not really a problem if you are ready to drink as soon as out of combat :)

greentea said:
holy requires more hard casting i prefer mobilty. both are viable but for different roles

Its really not hard to keep away from groups when casting if you just mouse run (which u should) while you keep the heals floating. So i dont see the problem in more mobility. I also think that its more fun when you as a healer has to be aware of where to stand, so its not just "Stand here and spam flash&penance

You do realise that Holy Word: Chastice has been fixed and it breaks on damage on instant? So it's by no means a "stun".

Penance also goes through walls if you manage to start it before the opponent/team mate goes LoS so you can imagine the possibilities here. And unless they nerf Penances offensive damage, it way overwhelms the holy as Mind Blast + penance hits 700+ minimum on target, which is gamebreaking assist burst on tight situations.

If you are talking about pugs versus all those scrubs invading EU bg's right now, then holy will be almost equal choice thought. But with all those evil little mages (hai chíll) running around, you will definitely love stronger instant casts over casts.

And if you are only standing still with 100% mana, looking at your 100% team mates trying to bring a paladin down without assisting them. Well, that's beyond redemption.

Oliks said:
Yes shield is instant, but shield gives a 14sec cooldown on player that it has been cast on, Which flash heal doesnt, so i would more take like 500healing and a 450shield (with 14sec debuff & a 10% better renew). than 400healing and a 500shield (14sec debuff)

This pretty much. Nowadays, even a disc-spec shield is bursted down within seconds, then you need strong heals.

Both Holy Word: Chastise and Penance are powerful tools, I prefer Chastise as both CC and an interrupt. Also, I have stopped many FCs with it who would 've otherwise gotten away.

when you have a shammy or some other interrupting class training you pennance is handy too, guaranteed heal + a few more depending on how quick their fingers are

Boomanda said:
You do realise that Holy Word: Chastice has been fixed and it breaks on damage on instant? So it's by no means a "stun".

I know its not a stun.. that is why i said "Stun"

Holyashley said:
This pretty much. Nowadays, even a disc-spec shield is bursted down within seconds, then you need strong heals.

Both Holy Word: Chastise and Penance are powerful tools, I prefer Chastise as both CC and an interrupt. Also, I have stopped many FCs with it who would 've otherwise gotten away.

Couldnt agree more :)

Niini said:
when you have a shammy or some other interrupting class training you pennance is handy too, guaranteed heal + a few more depending on how quick their fingers are

That is where you Chastice and run away. Or throw a bomb or something.

Many people take 7stam over run speed, so alot of times you can always just outrun them :).

Users who are viewing this thread