Disc Priest: Vers or Haste

mix em

vers if you want more defense. haste if you dont. haste gives 0.22% damage/heal per point. vers gives 0.15% damage/heal + 0.075% damage reduction per point, total 0.225%. but vers is non linear and you gain more the more you have

A good disc can keep their 40% "increase to all their haste" buff up throughout an entire fight.

If it wasn't for this buff, vers could be argued.

Unless you stack vers and max int to make your bubble as strong as poSsible.; then you go haste.

It's haste all the way. Anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. You have the most aggressive burst in the bracket and literally every GCD saved/used efficiently maximizes your teams value more than any other class. IE: Getting that Flash off faster or those penance ticks off faster gives you more time to throw out pain, shields or smite which individually are more effective burst healing or damage than just about any other attack in the bracket.

wait wut. ever increasing returns?

vers components are multiplied assuming you are taking damage most of the time. (note that this formula is assuming the damage reduction is linear gain, which it probably isnt)

if you have 1 vers, combine 0.15% damage/heal + 0.075% damage reduction into a single gain %, you get (100% + 0.15%)*(100% + 0.075%) = 100.2251125% = 0.2251125% gain.
that is 0.0001125% more than if it was linear 0.15% + 0.075%, not much for 1 stat

but if you have 70 vers you get (100% + 10.5%)*(100% + 5.25%) = 116.30125% = 16.30125% gain.
compared to linear 10.5% + 5.25% = 15.75%, multiplicative is 0.55125% higher.
ill admit its also not that much but if you want to maximise everything it makes a difference

just for comparison if you have an unrealistic amount of 1000 vers you get (100% + 150%)*(100% +75%) = 437.5% = 337.5% gain.
compared to linear 150% + 75% = 225%, multiplicative is 112.5% higher.
now this is where it makes a high difference but the amount of vers needed is unrealistic.

now back to where i was saying assuming damage reduction of vers is linear (in the above example where 75% damage reduction equals to 75% gain) but it is probably not (cos if you have 75% damage reduction, you only receive 25% damage, you can receive 400% damage before you die, so in actual fact 1000 vers gets you 300% increase) which makes it even more non linear

if you have 1 vers, combine 0.15% damage/heal + 0.075% damage reduction into a single gain %, you get (100% + 0.15%)*(100% + 0.075%) = 100.2251125% = 0.2251125% gain.

Why do you multiply the damage increase with the damage reduction?

If the two properties stacked then it would make sense to me, but I don't see the correlation between increased offensive damage and decreased taken damage.

Why do you multiply the damage increase with the damage reduction?

If the two properties stacked then it would make sense to me, but I don't see the correlation between increased offensive damage and decreased taken damage.

as i said assuming you are taking damage most of the time. you survive longer while healing/dealing damage is in fact multiplicative.

a good example is that if you are constantly healing yourself while others are trying to kill you. consider the enemy hitting you for 300 damage per second and you only heal for 100 hp per second. but now consider if you have 50% damage reduction as well as 50% extra healing (random numbers just for example), the enemy now hits you for 150 damage per second, while you are able to heal for 150 hp per second. this is equivalent to being able to heal for 300 hp per second while the enemy is still dealing 300 damage per second so it is a 200% gain.

notice that this is more than (100%+50%)*(100%+50%)=225%=125% gain cos of formulas in my previous post is assuming the damage reduction is linear gain, but as i said, it isnt, so it is more than that

as i said assuming you are taking damage most of the time. you survive longer while healing/dealing damage is in fact multiplicative.

a good example is that if you are constantly healing yourself while others are trying to kill you. consider the enemy hitting you for 300 damage per second and you only heal for 100 hp per second. but now consider if you have 50% damage reduction as well as 50% extra healing (random numbers just for example), the enemy now hits you for 150 damage per second, while you are able to heal for 150 hp per second. this is equivalent to being able to heal for 300 hp per second while the enemy is still dealing 300 damage per second so it is a 200% gain.

notice that this is more than (100%+50%)*(100%+50%)=225%=125% gain cos of formulas in my previous post is assuming the damage reduction is linear gain, but as i said, it isnt, so it is more than that

Okay, thanks for clarifying. When I read your comment I didn't really have Disc Priests in mind but I now see how this applies to them.

Adding the defensive and offensive values of versatility is silly. The offensive part of versatility multiplies your throughput while the defensive part multiplies the damage you take. Those are different values. Merging the two aspects of the stat into one multiplier is straight up wrong for every scenario where damage taken doesn't equal damage/healing done.

haste if you're not a pussy ;)

You are what you eat.

Back to the matter at hand...
Enchants all depend on your playstyle. We do not know your playstyle as you have not stated as such. Versatility gives a flat damage and healing bonus percentage and on top of that it gives you a reduction in damage you take. If your style is aggressive and you PuG you may want to choose versatility. If you group a lot, tend to have people protect you and like to stay behind your DPS instead of getting in the thick of the fight, then you might want to choose haste.
There is no clear cut choice. You could also have two sets of gear, each enchanted separately for situations that warrant it.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

/cheers
Sweetsidney

I'm sorry, what? That's not true by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh sorry, I didn't write clearly... my bad!

I meant burst healing is the most in the bracket leading you to have the ability to actually use your other spells without letting people die around you.

Burst damage (I assume) is still Ferals... given I've been flat out one shot multiple times lol

You are what you eat.

Back to the matter at hand...
Enchants all depend on your playstyle. We do not know your playstyle as you have not stated as such. Versatility gives a flat damage and healing bonus percentage and on top of that it gives you a reduction in damage you take. If your style is aggressive and you PuG you may want to choose versatility. If you group a lot, tend to have people protect you and like to stay behind your DPS instead of getting in the thick of the fight, then you might want to choose haste.
There is no clear cut choice. You could also have two sets of gear, each enchanted separately for situations that warrant it.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Interesting - I feel like haste is the more aggressive enchant and versa is the more defensive but to each his own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread