Diablo 3 Beta?

Anyone get a beta key for Diablo 3? Heard the first batch went out yesterday and wondered if anyone here was lucky to get their hands on a key.

-Ink

No, but if you like Diablo you might want to check out Torchlight or the F2P game Drakensang Online

Drakensang Online | The online fantasy game in your browser

The review at http://browser-game.mmogamesite.com/drakensang-online.html is pretty spot-on,as are most of the comments, and I would recommend it to anybody with a sliver of patience.

I would add that :

- you certainly can play for free without any real hitch at least till level 23 (current level) , the Item shop for the most part only offers speedbumps (you can pig out on expensive gems but it's thoroughly not needed);

- gear drops are very well handled: the Vendor (ie silver-bought) items are solid and will serve you well, the Greens will serve a 'tier' or two longer, the Blues will last somewhat longer, and the Epics (epically rare) will serve you for many levels (at level 23 I am still using level 7 Epics, and only upgraded my level 3 epic boots because I lucked out on Rare level 15's)).

Note that the Item store items are past level 9 only better if you Gem them;

- the monster AI is more advanced than WoW's (e.g. spell-casters will try to kite you);

- it starts of soloable but in the later zones (Slifswamp) and Dungeons (if you want to do them 'on level') you'll really want to co-op because:

- the design philosophy is that, although there are Bosses etc., the challenge lies in large numbers of small foes iso static 'let's pick on him with 9 others' -Bosses.

Thanks I may check it out. But I have to admit that I wasn't really looking forward to Diablo 3 until they said there was going to be a RL money AH. That definitely intrigues me.

-Ink

I hope blizzard does something to get long time diablo fans in first rather then wow nerds that are just int he d3 opt in for shits, like people who have a really old diablo 2 CD key on their battle.net account getting first dibs. I used to be a massive diablo fan and I want in on this beta.

Can't wait for D3, hardcore specifically. I love the fact that you're completely separated from any scrubs or 12year olds once you get up there in Hardcore.

Thanks I may check it out. But I have to admit that I wasn't really looking forward to Diablo 3 until they said there was going to be a RL money AH. That definitely intrigues me.

-Ink

Your reason for being interested in the game is my reason for not being interested in the game.

I am looking forward to Torchlight II however.

Your reason for being interested in the game is my reason for not being interested in the game.

I am looking forward to Torchlight II however.

Understandable. There will be a lot of people like you I bet...but as someone who enjoys making gold through the AH in WoW it'd be fun to try to do it with real money in D3.

-Ink

Users who are viewing this thread