Devout aurastone hammer BiS for enhance?

twinkeradin

Legend
180~ spellpower total for some agility and stam

Seems quite solid to me, especially with the caster weapons fiasco that the enhancement shamans went through some time ago at 85

Comparing to: http://www.wowhead.com/item=48716

I'd lose

12 agility

0.7 Haste

8 more top damage

6 stamina

0.2-0.3% crit

And gain

18 Intellect

168 spellpower

Seems like quite the good tradeoff for me?

It is.

Leveled my shaman with Devout and Mcgowann.

Basically your Stormstrike hits a little weaker, but your flame totems + imbues, shocks and shields hit noticeably harder.

You also get more bang for your buck when you have to heal youself.

With all the shit enh shammies use that benefit from sp. It's a good deal

Dont think so you have to keep in mind that the main reason for ehn shammies to pick up healing 1h back then was not sp. It was the spirit (ele talent spirit -> hit, 100% w 3/3).

Now with the stormstrike buff i would def stay away from it.

Bis as of today is crul'shook off + the elementium axe mh. Still beats any tbc weps available to 64s.

Might be diffrent for you 64s but for 60s with pices of t2,5 we will land on a very high sp level regardless.

I easily hit 1,3k sp / 2k ap with my dps set, thats actually higher sp than what i have as ele/resto w 13kmana.

When and if the changes on the 4.3 PTR go live, enhancement shamans will no longer benifit from other sources of spell power. In this case, the Devout Aurastone Hammer will not be BiS.

Or as stated in the blues:

Mental Quickness has been redesigned. Instead of granting the shaman spell power, Mental Quickness now causes Enhancement shaman spells to behave as though the shaman has spell power equal to 55% of attack power. Enhancement shaman spells no longer benefit from spell power from other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread