Dem rogues with synapse

Disc priest here..

Been getting ganked the past 30 games I've played against rogues with springs that just cloak dance me with springs up. Garrotte->Kidney is long enough to kill me even if I healthstone (lock partner) if I trinket the Garrotte I survive but then sit in a blind while the rogue lols my lock next time dance and springs are up. He has 40% resil with 25% damage reduction from pet and healthstone with soulburn, the 1100 damage absorb trinket AND the 34 resil 1k heal trinket that heals for like 1.5k because of demon armour when he's opened on he Spell locks the priest to stop him helping with damage. All this isn't enough for him to survive rogue burst.. We're a pretty tanky set up we survive most things other than rogues. We can take double frost mage and double 72 ret. But 1 rogue with springs and shadowdance with cloak up is bad news for us...

help meh

inb4 l2p.

Really nothing you can do in this shit bracket, u cant waste trinket either because it would lead into blind>resap. Just spam PS and tell ur lock to stun rog after cos for reshield

Really nothing you can do in this shit bracket, u cant waste trinket either because it would lead into blind>resap. Just spam PS and tell ur lock to stun rog after cos for reshield

Somehow my lock got sapped and I guessed the rogue was gonna open me and his priest was LoS so he couldn't purge my shit.. So I PS shielded myself pre-open. still got taken down to 12% with that shit up. -.-

Your partner needs to peel like fuck, other than that, the most you could do is be prepared and have renew, prayer and shield up.

Your partner needs to peel like fuck, other than that, the most you could do is be prepared and have renew, prayer and shield up.

He's a warlock so rogue cloak dances me, so no peels.

Only classes that can peel are anythings with a stun or disarm.

He could go Demo for the pet stun but against a typical mage/priest demo is kinda wank.

EDIT: The enemy priest/shaman spam purge/dispels me while rogue is opening or pre-open. 3 stacks of grace etc all get cleaned by the time I go into a kidney

Last edited by a moderator:
For a rogue to solo a disc with 640 resi, with shield, PoM and pre-PS sounds kinda unbelieveable. He must have had extremely good RNG for this to happen and I highly doubt that this happened 30 games in a row ...

That's why i always roll srs 2s with a rogue lol. If I'm playing vs mage/rogue i'll open mage, silence pop all cds, if rogue opens on me my partner easily starts on him into a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

That's why i always roll srs 2s with a rogue lol. If I'm playing vs mage/rogue i'll open mage, silence pop all cds, if rogue opens on me my partner easily starts on him into a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

.... What?

Spoken like a true multi-R1 brah

For a rogue to solo a disc with 640 resi, with shield, PoM and pre-PS sounds kinda unbelieveable. He must have had extremely good RNG for this to happen and I highly doubt that this happened 30 games in a row ...

Legit 20-30 times - We have gone from around 2150 to 2000.. Maybe Good RNG, didn't look at the combat log because after surviving we actually won. Healer partner has never had tazik btw so yeh to make things worse it could have been another 2-4k on me ):

Go night elf, meld his kidney when he's cloak dancing, win the game.

You can meld while in a kidney or you mean just before he does? Wouldn't Hemo/Garrotte bleed bring me out almost instantly anyway?

Was thinking of going dwarf for the 10% damage reduction and the removal of the bleed so he would either do a weak ambush because of that talent rogues have for 18% more damage done to targets with a bleed, or he would at least have to reapply a hemo bleed.. But tbh mathing it out I would still die most likely :p

Only thing i can suggest is demo - the 4 second stun is really good against any rogue, especially if they cloak dance, shouldn't be able to kill you after losing 2 seconds from the stun (if they trinket) also what shadowmeld suggests.

Demo against double dps kinda sucks for us though because shadowfury->howl for my lock is godlike for his self peels. As for peeling me shadowfury is amazing. Also losing Netherward from Destro spec is pretty game breaking. It costs teams at the bare minimum 1GCD to dispel it otherwise 2GCDs and a bit of cast time damage - while I'm in a poly/blind whatever that saves his ass ):

Users who are viewing this thread