Deep fire mage help

Joefox

Veteran
I’m trying to figure out how much int and spell dmg to take into BGs using my 49 twink “deep fire” mage. I’m wanting more crits (more int). Is it bad to go for more int? Sitting at 13.12% fire Crit unbuffed right now. Fireballs critting at 22%. Fireblast at 27% and scorch at 26%. I have a lot of spell gear on now. Is too much int bad at my lvl? I do have the int gear.

Int doesn't add that much crit. You should focused on spellpower while having enough stamina to stay alive and enough int to not go OOM too fast. The best pieces have all 3 to varying levels. 10 intellect its about 0.21% crit. You won't gain more than 1-2% by focusing on it.

If you really want to crit you can just play frost for shatter combos.

I’m trying to figure out how much int and spell dmg to take into BGs using my 49 twink “deep fire” mage. I’m wanting more crits (more int). Is it bad to go for more int? Sitting at 13.12% fire Crit unbuffed right now. Fireballs critting at 22%. Fireblast at 27% and scorch at 26%. I have a lot of spell gear on now. Is too much int bad at my lvl? I do have the int gear.
Because of Fire's spell coefficients in classic (100% to fireball and pyro) I would prio spell power. You can pick up a few items that add 1% crit like the sword off goblin in marau, or ab belt.

Users who are viewing this thread