Debate on ""exploits""

Since Blizz had not fully defined what is and is not an exploit - this is really a matter of opinion.

IMHO - it's an exploit if the FC uses jumps to preclude ranged or melee attack. The problem is that the FC and his/her support can burn down attackers from a safe location while the attackers attempt to duplicate the jump pattern. Obviously this situation occurs when the FC jumps to a place that is not targetable by an attacker (either ranged or melee) DPS - unless the attacker duplicates that same jump pattern.

Why do I have this opinion - if Blizz allows this behavior, then it dramatically changes the dynamics of WSG. It will become a race to grab the flag and hide it in these highly defensible positions. Turtles are already bad enough now without encouraging more of them.

Looking at it from another perspective, what type of gaming skill are you trying to reward: 1) class skill, gear, team tactics/coordination or 2) advanced terrain movement (jumping).

At the end of the day, though, reasonable people can disagree.

Just lure him down by letting them return their flag and then have someone repick it when he is far away from the stump. You could even get one of your hunters up on the stump ready to rip him apart if he tries to climb back up.

Grunge said:
thats not exploiting, everyone can get up there.

If you dont know how to there are vids on youtube that will show you how, so get cracking.

That's a horrible way of defining exploits.

How can you possible say holding down W and pressing the space bar is an exploit? I do that all the time...

Eliot said:
How can you possible say holding down W and pressing the space bar is an exploit? I do that all the time...

How can you honestly say that is what we are talking about?

We all know what exploits are, lets not get caught up on sementics.

Personally, I think they're all fine in premades. If you're a twink, you should knoww the jumps. But when D-bags use exploits in PUGS to turtle, that's going to far. And actually kind of sad and embarrassing for them in a way.

when D-bags use exploits in PUGS to turtle, that's going too far.

/agreed

I am fine with players who want to display their advanced use of terrain (i.e. exploit) - as long as it does not affect potential flag caps or returns.

Hamcake said:
How can you honestly say that is what we are talking about?

If you're talking about the big stump than that is what you where talking about.

The whole thing was brought up when i went on the stump at 2-0 horde when our fc was entering tunnel i did not attack until i was attacked so i see no problem.

And the stump in question is the one in front of ally GY

The worst is when people get onto the Alliance heal shack. Not much I can do in that situation as mele.

hidfrosty said:
The whole thing was brought up when i went on the stump at 2-0 horde when our fc was entering tunnel i did not attack until i was attacked so i see no problem.

And the stump in question is the one in front of ally GY

lol i think that one is even easier to get on :p 3 very simple jumps, as soon as i heard about it i did it on first try ... why do people cry about this :confused:

sk8g0at said:
getting on a stump is a lot less annoying than the EFC (alliance) getting on the lower roof of the tunnel.

Further reinforcing my theory that Alliance Member Race's Architecture is vastly superior to Horde equivalents. Dwarven Bunker > Orcish Towers, Silverwing Hold > Warsong Lumbermill. Dun Baldar Bridge > Crumby wooden fortress walls.

The minor features of Silverwing Hold should be fixed though as it is a major advantage for the Alliance side having such such a strong defensible position so near the GY by comparison to the Horde's equivalent of the tunnel entrance.

Hamcake said:
Why did you mention jumping as the problem then?

Because all you need to do is jump to get on the stump...

Conrose said:
The minor features of Silverwing Hold should be fixed though as it is a major advantage for the Alliance side having such such a strong defensible position so near the GY by comparison to the Horde's equivalent of the tunnel entrance.

Horde side tunnel roof is better for kiting, once you're on the Alli tunnel roof you're kind of boxed in.

Users who are viewing this thread