Debate on ""exploits""

thats not exploiting, everyone can get up there.

If you dont know how to there are vids on youtube that will show you how, so get cracking.

I agree, they arent exploits. I do think however, given the 20 minute timer in WSG next patch that a lot of the "jumps" should be fixed by Blizzard so they are not doable anymore. Otherwise it will be a 20 minute turtle game. The other way to fix is leave all the jumps in and remove the stupid timer. Somehow I think Blizzard will do option A before option B

They are exploits, wallwalking was doable by all but was clearly an exploit, and these jumps are simply a very distant descendent of wallwalking. This doesn't really mean that you can be banned for it, I've never seen anyone banned for these as GMs would have to watch you doing them and that would take up too much time.

Hamcake said:
They are exploits, wallwalking was doable by all but was clearly an exploit, and these jumps are simply a very distant descendent of wallwalking. This doesn't really mean that you can be banned for it, I've never seen anyone banned for these as GMs would have to watch you doing them and that would take up too much time.

It's not wallwalking AT ALL. All you do is jump spam on that huge stump. No coordination, no positioning just spam. I can't believe this is even a debate. I do this every game I can.

Oh sorry, I didn't actually click the link. I thought this was about jumps in WSG in general. Most of which are exploits.

EDIT: And I never said it was wallwalking.

I know, I was just pointing it out. Didn't mean to say that you thought it was.

I dont think they are exploits at all, its a matter of skill and knowing the terrain.

Off topic, but thats my battlegroup, I know the guild and the person in question (to an extent) =P

Stump - Simple Space Bar Spam

Its an exploits never the less, but there are jumps that are far harder than that simple one.

im glad it was brought to TI forums just so i can laugh at the guy trying with all his might to prove it's an exploit

That particular stump is easy as hell to get up on.

Now if you were to say, stick 3 hunters, a flag holder (Likely a hunter as well) and a healer that kills everyone as they try to jump spam while just healing hunter/caster DPS at their leasure, then I would probably try to report it.

Conrose said:

Now if you were to say, stick 3 hunters, a flag holder (Likely a hunter as well) and a healer that kills everyone as they try to jump spam while just healing hunter/caster DPS at their leasure, then I would probably try to report it.

You can "try" but nothing would be done since it's totally legit. There have been 0 blue posts concerning this or any other stump.

Conrose said:

Conrose said:
Is it any more futile than trying to actually get up there to try to get a flag return?

Thought so.

There may be situations where it may help.

sk8g0at said:
getting on a stump is a lot less annoying than the EFC (alliance) getting on the lower roof of the tunnle.

??

At least you aren't dead by the time you are halfway there in that case...

Users who are viewing this thread