Deadsull Shield

Deadskull Shield

http://thottbot.com/i3761

Is it worth it i hear it leaves you only a few bars to spare,is it worth it,it is greater then all of the other shields,Im just so baffled as what to do,cause next expac who knows i might need them 3 bars

it has the most stamina and 2nd most armor (to the arctic buckler, 3 stam 8 spirit 5 frost resistance). so it's probably the best defensive shield out there.

i would definately recommend it, but make sure you get all of your other quest items before you reach level 19.

I'm not sure if a twink can get this item anymore. The reason I say this is because Blizzard changed the amount of XP needed to level from 1-60 and I believe this decrease has made this chain ding you.

According to various WoW information websites the experience you gain from completing this chain is 1950, 2000, 2100, 2100, 2300, 2450, 8100 (this last number I have not confirmed), which adds up to 21,000, and since it only takes 19,500 to ding from 19 to 20, it seems like it is impossible to complete this chain. If the 8100 is incorrect and it is something lower, say 2600, that still totals up to 15,500 leaving you about 4000 to spare, but you still have to kill all the mobs for this quest.

A high level doing all the killing for you while grouped will net you between 17-25 XP per kill, depending on the level of the mob. At one point you have to go into a mine and kill a lv30 mine foreman.

This leaves VERY little room to accomplish this chain, if it is even any longer possible.

If you have not yet dinged 19, I would recommend that you explore the entirety of the hillsbrad area before beginning because at lv19 you will get about 150 XP per exploration in the area, and if you have no XP breathing room, discovering the town, the mine, and any other accidental places will definitely ding you by accident.

I have a 19 paladin who I was trying to get this for, but I think its too risky to attempt to complete this chain. If that last quest really gives 8100 xp, it will be guaranteed to ding you from 19 to 20 no matter what. Again, I have not confirmed it actually does give that much, but just be very careful if you go after this because you could end up wasting all your time invested in the character.

It is still available at 19. But I've already fucked one toon due to Runic Darkblade and I would recommend not to get it.

I got this and inferno robe on my 19 shammy, leaving me at 15k/19 for lvling. So if you getneverything else you need first you can do it. Make sure to run in ghost though!

Yea i HATE not havein some extra room just for comfort,But the shield is superior to all,it just seems so nice but,So deep into 19 i realy don't know what to do

I have considered it all redbeard's artic blocking shield w/e its called gold plated buckler etc

I don't know,i feel if i get it it will be great for a certain amount of time,but i put ALOT of money into my twinks and i don't want next expac getin out geared like my old rogue who was perfect came back after BC boom lvled,im thinkin of just stickin with artic or gold plated and redbeard's im not sure it is risky

i did this on my BE paladin about 3-4 months ago, ended up having about 3-4 bars of exp left. i did it perfectly (all dead runs). it's a very good shield and if you don't have any other items or professions to get at 19 that require exp then i would say go for it, but at your own risk. keep in mind, the alternative shields aren't that much worse.

i doubt blizzard is going to implement any other stuff that would require exp and that you would be unable to get, thus making your twink imperfect....but of course they did add profession buffs and twink item buffs before. so i can't say for sure.

it's all up to whoever's making the twink if they want to risk it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread