Darkmoon tickets

theres a few problems with that addition, some profession quests give more or less than others, so far i think i have everything you can and i'm going to end up with either 158 or 163

Yes, it seems the secondary professions only give 3 tickets instead of 4, so subtract 3 from that total coming to 163. Of course if you completed the welcome quest previously, then the most you can get is 158. Paid accounts can get 3 more for archaeology, 166, and if they're 85, they get 20 more from drops, bringing the total up to 186, which is enough for a mount on the second to last day. Of course most 85s will be reluctant to drop and relearn all professions just to get another bear or a strider. I will end up with 158 and will get a mount next month.

well i did the welcome quest, and dailies every day, so i'll be at the 163 milestone... guess next month i'll get that mount

My only hope is that the buildings that are under construction start opening up next month or w/e and continue adding ability to gain tickets. If not then this is a giant disappointment by Blizz in that it would take close to ONE YEAR just to get one set for xmog, both mounts and the pets. What's the point of putting in old school sets to xmog with if it takes years to get multiple sets, fail Blizz.

My only hope is that the buildings that are under construction start opening up next month or w/e and continue adding ability to gain tickets. If not then this is a giant disappointment by Blizz in that it would take close to ONE YEAR just to get one set for xmog, both mounts and the pets. What's the point of putting in old school sets to xmog with if it takes years to get multiple sets, fail Blizz.

i think its greats the way they did it. assuming the other tents don't open anytime soon, its content you'll keep coming back to for an entire year (longer if you don't max everything out every month). where else in wow can you say that? doing it once a month prevents burnout imo.

i think its greats the way they did it. assuming the other tents don't open anytime soon, its content you'll keep coming back to for an entire year (longer if you don't max everything out every month). where else in wow can you say that? doing it once a month prevents burnout imo.
Im pretty burned out after half a week

This, DMF doesn't have much to offer in replay value so blizz has done what they always do, require a grind to get shinies.

You mean you aren't addicted to whacking gnolls??? D:<

Ok yeah. I doubt I'll be touching the fair again after I get meh bear.

While not surprising, it's odd that the event from the PTR matched more the concept of the new DMF ('no more grindy turn-ins! cool mini-games that let you bring back a prize!') than the live version: attending the actual Faire is almost meaningless, and people end up grinding Dungeons, BG;'s and even Raids to get their Tickets - not exactly 'casual content'.

Frankly, the event would be better if they'd skipped the Quests and Drops, and just rewarded two or three tickets/minigame - that way people would be able to 'play the games and win a Pet, do it two months and get a Mount' . As it stands, the Faire would work better as a permanent ficture like the Argent Tournament.

Not that faire burn-out is necessarily a bad thing for Twinks, it only increases our chances on the Chest
<

BTW worth mentioning that the chest has around 50 gold and 5 tickets inside according to Rhaellia who managed to loot it, but not accept the soulbound on the trinket before being killed

Users who are viewing this thread