daggers - new 3.3.3

Ghostly Strike: If the rogue has a dagger equipped, this ability now deals 180% weapon damage instead of 125%.

Hemorrhage: If the rogue has a dagger equipped, this ability now deals 160% weapon damage instead of 110%.

discuss:

new way to gear, backstab now viable etc etc. ????

I was also looking into this banc. I think it could be VERY viable. Daggers have needed a boost for awhile now, and this seems to be in the right direction for sub spec, dagger wielding, and yes, even twink pvp rogues. I really am not sure on say...."new way to gear" but it would seem like maybe having a set of daggers in your bags would be worth it atleast as a just in case, or hopefully if daggers get changes like this continuously for awhile....can never tell with blizz :/.

At 49 anyway, the actual damage from Hemo slightly favors an Axe, iLevel52.

In this bracket, MoZF (or arguably SVBB) has the BiS-status, and MoZF has a very high damage-range. I doubt that this will change too much in the dynamic.

SUB-spec still needs more work with regards to daggers, boosting daggers to the damage they say in 3.3.3 in 2 areas basicly makes them do near the damage of swords, etc, type weapons on 2 abilities.

ghostly strike i have played sub for many years never put a point there....still won't. the dodge would kill you against warriors

having more damage in hemo is nice, but on finishing moves the daggers still lack the top-end damage, daggers to be viable in sub would need something that boosts all damage in sub spec equal to what players get with 41 or 44 points in assasination

Sub spec took heavy nerf hits, starting around summer 2008 and continued into wotlk. cheat death, sinister calling, deadliness, and hemo got nerfed. they jacked with vanish, i complained alot in 2008...always told works as intended. now Blizz deletes vanish threads and admits there is a issue....they had a fix patches ago on PTR but reverted it to the fail vanish again. blizz used double talk on one nerf, when they said in notes that sinister calling or deadliness was increased by certain percentages......actually was a decrease.

Blizz made a point to destroy sub-spec and did. they wanted more rogues using daggers, they did not like players using swords, etc in sub spec. when they destroyed sub spec for those who used those weapons....you would be a fool to stay that spec and just switch to daggers. obviously they have realized the error they made. this dagger buff for 3.3.3.....WEAK!

sub is getting nerfed next patch - serrated blades will ignore ignore 9% of armor at it's highest rank instead of 195 (which I think it is currently)

would be great if we had rogues that weren't sub @ 39. Cookie cutter class and spec for 3+ years is meh

Sockdolager said:
sub is getting nerfed next patch - serrated blades will ignore ignore 9% of armor at it's highest rank instead of 195 (which I think it is currently)

would be great if we had rogues that weren't sub @ 39. Cookie cutter class and spec for 3+ years is meh

9% is a buff, IMO..... and will negate/ignore more armor than having 3 points in current "serrated blades"

Rank Armor Ignored(per player level)

1 2.67

2 5.43

3 8

* At level 70, Serrated Blades rank 3 will ignore 560 of the target's armor. This amount may not seem significant, but this is factored into every single attack, the benefit will add up.

* At level 80, Serrated Blades rank 3 will ignore 640 of the target's armor per attack.

if 9% goes thru on patch 3.3.3 fighting a warrior with 20000 armor would ignore 1800 armor per attack....huge buff compared to current SB

A Windfury-machine calling Rogues cookie-cutter? I think the only class I was literally globaled by at 39 was an Enhancement Shaman - as a Mage. Frost Shock + Auto Attack + WF.

Tetrica said:
A Windfury-machine calling Rogues cookie-cutter? I think the only class I was literally globaled by at 39 was an Enhancement Shaman - as a Mage. Frost Shock + Auto Attack + WF.

because being a RNG machine makes u more cookie cutter than a sub rogue?

how many 2-h enhance shamans do u see in 39s.... maybe 5 tops?

how many sub rogues (0/3/27) do u see in 39s.... maybe hundreds?

the point is that shamans have tons of specs they can go(2h enhance, spellhance, resto, ele, even "the nova" lol)... while rogues really only have 1 viable spec.

shanker said:
9% is a buff, IMO..... and will negate/ignore more armor than having 3 points in current "serrated blades"

Rank Armor Ignored(per player level)

1 2.67

2 5.43

3 8

* At level 70, Serrated Blades rank 3 will ignore 560 of the target's armor. This amount may not seem significant, but this is factored into every single attack, the benefit will add up.

* At level 80, Serrated Blades rank 3 will ignore 640 of the target's armor per attack.

if 9% goes thru on patch 3.3.3 fighting a warrior with 20000 armor would ignore 1800 armor per attack....huge buff compared to current SB

You can post whatever numbers you want, ofc at level 80 it's a buff, little here care about that, but at 39 it's a huge nerf, 9% at our level is nothing compared to what it is now as flat reduction. It would be 100 to 200 armor reduction... And obviously it's twinkinfo and we are in the 39 forums, so we only care at whether or not it's a buff or nerf at 39... It's a sad change but somehow needed, the sale is weird... the same way the orc racial which is XX*level AP, is a noob programming way to design an ability when obvisouly the scaling of armor and AP is totally different... I'm not orc but well I wish they get some help coz the more levels they have the more ridiculous this ability is...

So even if you say that change may not see the light, I don't see why... 8 armor by level is absurde...

Great more backstabbing rogues =='

ghostly strike i have played sub for many years never put a point there....still won't. the dodge would kill you against warriors

I usually don't use ghostly strike either but iv'e tried a spec with it and managed to get 104% dodge when i had the ghostly strike and evasion buffs.

In my oppinion it's worth taking the dmg from an "Overpower" to dodge ALL other attacks made by the warrior.

Altho this was done at my level 70 rogue and not a 39 rogue. ^^

AkAPatriot said:
I usually don't use ghostly strike either but iv'e tried a spec with it and managed to get 104% dodge when i had the ghostly strike and evasion buffs.

In my oppinion it's worth taking the dmg from an "Overpower" to dodge ALL other attacks made by the warrior.

Altho this was done at my level 70 rogue and not a 39 rogue. ^^

Yes. Its not like we rogues don't dodge without using ghostly strike. Most of the times you'll dodge one time in 5 sek (wich is the CD of overpower). You gain more from the 15% extra dodge then the warrior gains from your 15% extra dodge.

Besides, warriors aint the only class in 39, in fact, its not even a very popular class, in FACT its one of the least dangerous dps classes for a rogue (IMO, at least). See where I'm going at?

Users who are viewing this thread