Cyclone, Reckoning, Nightfall horde servers?

Castrophy said:
Powerglove come talk to me on Jaedenar if your looking to go aliance :)

I'm making my char on draenor and xferring

boas or die imo

eh i have lag issues with nightfall. i thought emberstorm was eastern and i used to be fine on that battlegroup, but apparently not.

Powerglove said:
eh i have lag issues with nightfall. i thought emberstorm was eastern and i used to be fine on that battlegroup, but apparently not.

Issue might be datacentre, although I am no expert on the issue.

NF is Boston datacentre. I noticed, actually, a big improvement for my latency vs Cyclone which is LA datacentre and I live east coast. I cant remember what emberstorm is, but it is not on the same DC as Cyclone or NF. That might be the cause of your lag.

Confessin said:
Issue might be datacentre, although I am no expert on the issue.

NF is Boston datacentre. I noticed, actually, a big improvement for my latency vs Cyclone which is LA datacentre and I live east coast. I cant remember what emberstorm is, but it is not on the same DC as Cyclone or NF. That might be the cause of your lag.

so does that mean ill lag in Nf since im playing near LA?

I live in SF. I ping average about 160-ish to NF. I ping 30-40 to Cyclone. Eh, good enough, its not like I'm playing a FPS

grumpee said:
so does that mean ill lag in Nf since im playing near LA?

I am pretty sure plenty of people live west coast and play NF without serious issues, as Pers said.

His example is similar to mine, just opposite where NF is less than 100 and Cyclone has always been close to 200-300.

Powerglove

If you are seeing lag problems to NF i would suggest trying out the wowtunnels.com tunnel service. They have a server located very close to the boston datacenter where all the nightfall realms are hosted. I use the east1.wowtunnels.com server and it dropped my ping from tucson, az to boston from 380's to 120's. Results may vary with different ISP's but with Cox HSI I saw major improvements.

-HF

I noticed a slight increase in latency when I xfered to NF, but tbh the change was not a big enough deal to not go. Maybe I am just used to semi bad latency.

Alteffour said:
I noticed a slight increase in latency when I xfered to NF, but tbh the change was not a big enough deal to not go. Maybe I am just used to semi bad latency.

Scoping out the servers myself. I actually see a decrease in Latency on Uldaman, have not tried Gnomer, but i guarantee it will be about the same due to my location.

Users who are viewing this thread