Current state of Enhancement Shamans

Stamm

Legend
My main at the end of cata was Gåmma (see sig for armory link). I was a glass cannon heals and dps, most of my death's were due to being HoJ'd with more than one dps on me or straight up stun locked. I've only played it a few times since MoP hit, and with good reason:

-Much less ToT due to no earthbind totem and other classes having speed buffs (we can't maintain ghost wolf and fight effectively)

-Lava lash, our hardest hitting ability, crits for about 250. Yeah. CRITS for 250. with water shield not being nerfed proportionally with the mana nerf (dropping all dps to 120 mana), we have more or less endless self heals. We no longer have any kind of burst, which was a third of what defined the class in cata (the other two being utility and moderate heals).

Any thoughts on ways to improve gameplay to make BG's bearable?

there is simply nothing you can do,just like with mage, or warrior.Classes are completely pointless to play when you could be rolling a paladin,druid or rogue and do 100x better

Only once,in MoP have i seen a ench get a solid kill....it was a 24 p2p shaman,who bursted some paladin easy(altrough he did have Crescent of forlorn spirits, moongoos'd)

Yeah. Accept and live with the fact that you have shit burst. Look at Enh as a shaman with weaker heals but better purge spam, cause you can autoattack while purgespamming, while Ele and Resto do nothnig but purge, when they're purge spamming.

You're a melee utility offensive healer. Certainly anything but a glass cannon.

Enh shines as support for the offence, for taking down an EFC with healers. purgespam + focus interrupts on healer + heals for your teammates goes a long way for taking down that 2k protadin healer by a 24 priest ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enhancers are still quite utility-based:

You have Purge and Wind Sheer, you have moderate DPS even with the overall dmg nerf (I seem to hit faster in 5.X) with your instant Ghost Wolf and your endless dual-heals (you and another friendly healer can keep yourselves alive forever if you get hit a lot) you are still quite useful, I actually still enjoy playing Enhancement, even though I liked it a bit better in Cataclysm because we actually had a chance in a 1v1 (especially against HoPing palies ;)). Well, now we are a supportive class - but a really good one I think!

Edit: And don't forget your bubble-totem! :)

ench is a gutted class, I tried dual butchers cleaver but I cant stand not being able to have a shield and being rogue food.
Maybe try going ele?Thats what I currently did but I feel that my main is getting worse and worse everyday and its any class I touch is unplayable and like i completely lost any knowledge of the game

Id use astral shift aswell, because any dps that knows a thing or two will take out your totem the second you place it down leaving you win 393 dmg absorbed.And id try healing my teammates more

Thats what I currently did but I feel that my main is getting worse and worse everyday and its any class I touch is unplayable and like i completely lost any knowledge of the game
I don't know you or how you play, but you make it sound, like you either can't play your classes or only played op ones before and now you 'magically' can't play them anymore (I remember a quote by Thirk there) - I still enjoy playing shamans even if they aren't op, guess you still have to find a class you enjoy playing; op or not

While farming DMF artifacts on many of my toons, RoP dropped for my ele shaman. Felt like my stomach rocketed into my heart. None of the other party members were agi classes, so I needed and won it.

After leveling the toon I basically forgot about him (he's on a weird server apart from my others), but figured I may as well switch to enh and play him some. Especially since he also got Grimclaw the same day. Grimclaw isn't great or anything; neither is RoP on a Draenei EEllo's Band available) shaman.

But, yeah, I switched to Enh and it seems almost pointless. But I haven't really played around/learned his stuff yet.

and then he got my first ever arena master. Seems like some of my toons have far more luck than others.

I don't know you or how you play, but you make it sound, like you either can't play your classes or only played op ones before and now you 'magically' can't play them anymore (I remember a quote by Thirk there) - I still enjoy playing shamans even if they aren't op, guess you still have to find a class you enjoy playing; op or not
well thats the problem...resto shamans are now OP aswell, too high mana regen due to water shield, only ones besides paladins that can cure magic, have a instant aswell already feels like you are on par with paladins which is a sign that I have to quit
And if I go to any other spec Im useless , either Ill get ganked by rogues and need to heal myself but I heal too slow as a ele

Play like a ret pal they seem like the same type of character now. Jump into melee with a shock and your melee abilities, follow up with a healing surge on whoever;s getting focused, purge and shear enemy players, rinse repeat.

Dont try to be a solo DPS hero.

Users who are viewing this thread