Crusader

Probably hashed over many times, but a question about the proc rate.

I've noticed/recorded pretty well

On my paladin tank/Ret... if I have 0 or like 5% haste or close to nothing, there is only a small I mean small % chance I ever get more than one Crusader instance up at a time for weapon swapping.

When I switch to just super haste and get it up to 30% with "bad items - hook necklace/family seal/time walker ring all that "crap""... I can get up to 4 instances easy.

This is definitely happening, I'm not just pretending to notice.

??? Is this because I'm just attacking faster/abilities are ticking faster for those procs or is Haste directly effecting the rate at which Crusader can Proc?

upload_2020-8-12_8-32-12.png

I think this is maybe what we're looking for? So like haste indirectly effects it I suppose?

Haste = more swings
More swings = more procs

@Chops halp
[doublepost=1597239371,1597239235][/doublepost]@rockworldofwarcraft dug up the ol' Necro thread. Might be a good read for you.
https://xpoff.com/threads/how-rppm-works.81584/

View attachment 16415
I think this is maybe what we're looking for? So like haste indirectly effects it I suppose?

Haste = more swings
More swings = more procs

@Chops halp
[doublepost=1597239371,1597239235][/doublepost]@rockworldofwarcraft dug up the ol' Necro thread. Might be a good read for you.

awesome. Do all abilities for a paladin (for example) at this level have a chance to proc crusader, even DOTs (say consecration or Avengers Shield hitting multiple targets... does Avengers Shield only count once per the key stroke or does it count as a proc possibility for each target it hits? etc.

awesome. Do all abilities for a paladin (for example) at this level have a chance to proc crusader, even DOTs (say consecration or Avengers Shield hitting multiple targets...
I don't think so, it's only weapon swings(?) That being said, I do know the Zeal talent in ret does proc sader.

@rockworldofwarcraft dug up the ol' Necro thread. Might be a good read for you.
That thread is the good stuff.

the tl;dr is crusader is a "proc per minute" mechanic. which means Blizz sets a number of times it will proc per minute if you were just auto swinging. Lets say that number is 2. The game then calculates what that means in terms of swings. Warrior 2handers are normalized to 3.6 seconds per swing, which is 16 swings a minute. If an enchant is supposed to proc 2 times in that minute, then game then says you get one proc every 8 attacks.

Haste then speeds up how many attacks you'll make *but* your special melee attacks also count as an attack, so haste speeding up your GCD will also affect it. More Judgements, Crusader Strikes and Templars Verdict means more chances to proc crusader.

This is why ret pallies play zeal and many prefer a haste build. Ret spends a lot of time auto swinging and waiting on CDs, so anything you can do to speed that up helps.

That thread is the good stuff.

the tl;dr is crusader is a "proc per minute" mechanic. which means Blizz sets a number of times it will proc per minute if you were just auto swinging. Lets say that number is 2. The game then calculates what that means in terms of swings. Warrior 2handers are normalized to 3.6 seconds per swing, which is 16 swings a minute. If an enchant is supposed to proc 2 times in that minute, then game then says you get one proc every 8 attacks.

Haste then speeds up how many attacks you'll make *but* your special melee attacks also count as an attack, so haste speeding up your GCD will also affect it. More Judgements, Crusader Strikes and Templars Verdict means more chances to proc crusader.

This is why ret pallies play zeal and many prefer a haste build. Ret spends a lot of time auto swinging and waiting on CDs, so anything you can do to speed that up helps.

Thanks, so something like Avengers shield does count, but only as far as it being a button press... not how many targets it hits?

used to be, crusader only worked on melee attacks made with the enchanted weapon. No idea if avengers shield procs it, but it wouldnt be shocked to learn that it doesnt.

I believe it's offensive spells or abilities now. Taunt works to proc sader, at least for on paladins.

Users who are viewing this thread