Critique My Gearing/Gemming/Etc....Frost Mage PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnaisGuy

Legend
I still need the Leggings of Calamity, but otherwise I'd just like a lookover from anyone who knows the gearing well. Any gemming, enchanting, etc...I could change to get a more efficient stat gain or anything? I know my crit is a bit low right now, not much I can do, I really want the Magister's Staff but /shrug, I use crit food right now and I haven't really been in arena so....

http://us.battle.net...ostynipz/simple

Here's what it will look like once I get Leggings of Calamity.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=285539

Also considering this set up with Tempest gloves over the KJ gloves, only problem is they put me a little under the hit cap. 1.3% Haste VS 5% Frostbolt damage =o?

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=285539

I also have a Chardev with Magister's Staff, has a bit extra hit but /shrug. Not a huge difference, slight SP difference, mana regen, little more haste VS Crit and Hit.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=285540

Imo mages should be fully haste / int? Not crit or Resi :x

Frost mages try and get 33% so that their shatters always crit, or 28% with a rogue or fdruid in their team.

I personally roll all intel on my mage for bg's and crap, switch out two pieces to get about 21% damage reduction from resil when I'm doing higher rated arenas.

Zaiya if you don't even know stat priority why are you even posting? Comes off like you're just some arrogant little snot who thinks he can just preach out his ass about other classes.

May switch around a few of the resil gems I guess, I just don't like having below like 25-28% reduction or I die in single stuns/silences >.>

I have more spell power, more resil and barely less crit/haste than the first Mage you linked, Zaiya, plus I have the Haste clicky from Skull of Gul'dan. I don't think 2% haste is worth losing 5% damage reduction.

The second link she has almost completely identical stats to me, she has slightly more SP with less crit same haste less resil.

I don't think you people posting "no resil as Mage just 1 shot everyone1!1!11" have played Mage in this bracket. Outside of double DPS against anything with resil you're talking like 8-10k shatters MAX. Giving up 10-12% reduction from resil for 50 spell power and 3% haste when I already have 20% plus skull just seems ridiculous to me. You have .07 faster frosbolts and hit for 200 more damage MAYBE and you take 10% more? Sounds like a bad trade off to me >.>.

I'd really like advice from actual high up mages not people who just say what they've heard from their friends cousins friends guy who knows a guy, thanks.

Zaiya if you don't even know stat priority why are you even posting? Comes off like you're just some arrogant little snot who thinks he can just preach out his ass about other classes.

May switch around a few of the resil gems I guess, I just don't like having below like 25-28% reduction or I die in single stuns/silences >.>

I have more spell power, more resil and barely less crit/haste than the first Mage you linked, Zaiya, plus I have the Haste clicky from Skull of Gul'dan. I don't think 2% haste is worth losing 5% damage reduction.

The second link she has almost completely identical stats to me, she has slightly more SP with less crit same haste less resil.

I don't think you people posting "no resil as Mage just 1 shot everyone1!1!11" have played Mage in this bracket. Outside of double DPS against anything with resil you're talking like 8-10k shatters MAX. Giving up 10-12% reduction from resil for 50 spell power and 3% haste when I already have 20% plus skull just seems ridiculous to me. You have .07 faster frosbolts and hit for 200 more damage MAYBE and you take 10% more? Sounds like a bad trade off to me >.>.

I'd really like advice from actual high up mages not people who just say what they've heard from their friends cousins friends guy who knows a guy, thanks.

Chill out hot shot. It's Zayiah* For a start, as you are too "arrogant" to look at someone's name before you post.

Mage's @ Stat Priority? Bro you don't even know your own stat priority, gemming crit? Get a clue please.

Arrogant little snot? I have a Mage, 2.2k. bitch please.

Honestly, Lurk moar before you post KnaisGuy, should get the jist of how things are around here.

Chill out hot shot. It's Zayiah* For a start, as you are too "arrogant" to look at someone's name before you post.

Mage's @ Stat Priority? Bro you don't even know your own stat priority, gemming crit? Get a clue please.

Arrogant little snot? I have a Mage, 2.2k. bitch please.

Honestly, Lurk moar before you post KnaisGuy, should get the jist of how things are around here.
I heared getting 2.2k on a mage is hard guys.

You're doing it wrong...
Zaiya if you don't even know stat priority why are you even posting?

It's a public forum... are you going to restrict me from posting because I give you constructive criticism about your mage?

Thats what the title says right?

Critique My Gearing/Gemming/Etc....Frost Mage PvP

This is an English grammar lesson now? okay.

I'm leaving now before I end up getting banned again.

If you insist on running high res (for a mage anyways
<
) then consider putting a Lightning Eye of Zul maybe in the stave? Better to lose 20 res and run 368 instead of 388 to get hitcap and 10 more haste.

I would personally run less res for BG's and run with a healer. Played against a full PvE frost mage in BG's who had a priest with him (they were about 2.2k rated when I checked armory) just running a res trinket. Gnome had about 33% crit and something like 27% haste from what I remember (and high SP like 1600-1700 cannot remember exactly). Obviously only good with a healbot but he/she was destroying everything.

I would personally run less res for BG's and run with a healer. Played against a full PvE frost mage in BG's who had a priest with him (they were about 2.2k rated when I checked armory) just running a res trinket. Gnome had about 33% crit and something like 27% haste from what I remember (and high SP like 1600-1700 cannot remember exactly). Obviously only good with a healbot but he/she was destroying everything.

Yep, Mages/rogues can run with little-to-no resilience, For battlegrounds at least, if the former has a healbot, Yeeeep. Stuff dies.

To be honest, I don't find running with my 1940~ sp anywhere near as beneficial as a different class running full agility or whatever(e.g. fdruid and 15k fero's).

You only need 1300~ SP to be able to global crap as a mage, which is really sad tbh.

Probably running with 67% ish crit as fire was better for BG's, specially now what with the buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread