could swiftness potion be the answer to fighting hunters?

The rogue must play perfect to have a chance.
The hunter must make mistakes, and if the hunter has an anti melee pet it doesn't matter

The good rogue beating hunter rumor originated from Biggie. Noxal and I talked to him about it (he apparently taught Noxal how to beat 99% of hunters). He clarified that the only way a rogue can beat a hunter with all CD"s (both have their CDs) is if the hunter does not have a disarm pet. If the hunter does have a disarm pet out, the rogue will lose. The method to beating a hunter is as follows:

Sap the Hunter's PET.
Open on Hunter, Gouge the Disengage (or try to) and pop Evasion.
The Hunter will (if bad trinket here) Disengage.
You shadowstep, the hunter will likely (if good) Scatter Shot you. If you're lucky your pre-Evasion will take care of a lot of the damage/possibly force their Scatter to miss.
The pet should be coming out of sap now and rushing at you. If it's not a disarm pet, and the hunter is BM, you will get Intimidated here. Trinket, and sprint at the Hunter (Conc is coming up, try to get both if you can with one Trinket). You now have to stay on the Hunter and finish him off while never letting him get too far. Make sure you have crippling on both weapons, don't be afraid to quickly one touch the pet for a crippling proc. If the hunter is Survival, you're using Evasion to limit damage after the Disengage. If the hunter is using a disarm pet, you're going to lose. You have to trinket the disarm, into some form of CC and you're likely to be kited the rest of the way.

Nelfs get an inherent advantage since they can Ambush + restealth!

The good rogue beating hunter rumor originated from Biggie. Noxal and I talked to him about it (he apparently taught Noxal how to beat 99% of hunters). He clarified that the only way a rogue can beat a hunter with all CD"s (both have their CDs) is if the hunter does not have a disarm pet. If the hunter does have a disarm pet out, the rogue will lose. The method to beating a hunter is as follows:

Sap the Hunter's PET.
You shadowstep, the hunter will likely (if good) Scatter Shot you. If you're lucky your pre-Evasion will take care of a lot of the damage/possibly force their Scatter to miss.
The pet should be coming out of sap now and rushing at you. If it's not a disarm pet, and the hunter is BM, you will get Intimidated here. Trinket, and sprint at the Hunter (Conc is coming up, try to get both if you can with one Trinket). You now have to stay on the Hunter and finish him off while never letting him get too far. Make sure you have crippling on both weapons, don't be afraid to quickly one touch the pet for a crippling proc. If the hunter is Survival, you're using Evasion to limit damage after the Disengage. If the hunter is using a disarm pet, you're going to lose. You have to trinket the disarm, into some form of CC and you're likely to be kited the rest of the way.

Yup! this is exactly biggies method. He showed me this method too, although I don't play my rogue much to bother practicing it like he and noxal did. Still though, rogues 1v1 chances are slim to none vs a good hunter. They only issue i ever have on my hunter is mutiple rogues, so i always roll with 2 disarm pets for double disarm. /shrug

Sap the Hunter's PET.

Gouge the disengage? So you need to time your gouge to the millisecond between activating Disengage CD and getting the 6+ yards it takes to range Gouge? If you can rock out that time or perfect timing, your skills are being wasted on WoW. That's not even accounting for Parry/Dodge :O

Either way, that's not how I would ever fight a rogue. Rogue opens, I immediately Scatter, start getting distance while I antivenom, Mark if they are still Scattered (no trinket), then open with Conc shot. If they don't reapply Crip with the SS, I don't even need to Disengage.

If they trinket the scatter, it shouldn't matter, because I've already gotten 10 yards from the antivenom. This has reliably worked on almost every rogue I've ever encountered. This is without Intim, without Disarm, without Spider. Hell, I bet I could probably take down a rogue with just Wing Clip and 5 yd ES spam.

Gouge the disengage? So you need to time your gouge to the millisecond between activating Disengage CD and getting the 6+ yards it takes to range Gouge? If you can rock out that time or perfect timing, your skills are being wasted on WoW. That's not even accounting for Parry/Dodge :O

Either way, that's not how I would ever fight a rogue. Rogue opens, I immediately Scatter, start getting distance while I antivenom, Mark if they are still Scattered (no trinket), then open with Conc shot. If they don't reapply Crip with the SS, I don't even need to Disengage.

If they trinket the scatter, it shouldn't matter, because I've already gotten 10 yards from the antivenom. This has reliably worked on almost every rogue I've ever encountered. This is without Intim, without Disarm, without Spider. Hell, I bet I could probably take down a rogue with just Wing Clip and 5 yd ES spam.

You of course make good points, but you must not play your rogue much if you think that gouging a disengage is even hard. Hunter is backpedalling, hunter jumps, you gouge. congratz

You of course make good points, but you must not play your rogue much if you think that gouging a disengage is even hard. Hunter is backpedalling, hunter jumps, you gouge. congratz

I don't have Foreman's on my rogue yet, so I rarely chance the energy or wasted time on a Gouge that will likely be gouged or parried. The hunters that I lose to are usually NE that resist the crip, where the Gouge wouldn't have helped, but I'll certainly try it out more.

Never theorycraft against bad opponents. Always assume the opponent is of equal or better skill level. A good hunter will never backpeddle, the Disengage will be a Jump, quick spin and launch.

Either way, that's assuming you aren't in global by the time it hits. I will save my global for SS, and immediately Disengage. No chance to gouge there.

I don't have Foreman's on my rogue yet, so I rarely chance the energy or wasted time on a Gouge that will likely be gouged or parried. The hunters that I lose to are usually NE that resist the crip, where the Gouge wouldn't have helped, but I'll certainly try it out more.

Never theorycraft against bad opponents. Always assume the opponent is of equal or better skill level. A good hunter will never backpeddle, the Disengage will be a Jump, quick spin and launch.

Either way, that's assuming you aren't in global by the time it hits. I will save my global for SS, and immediately Disengage. No chance to gouge there.

As you know, one fun part about rogue is getting to choose not open open on the non-backpedalling hunters.

As for gouging the disengage. The hunters in the bracket are so predictable: if they are backpedalling and jumping, they are searching their bar for the disengage button so they can click it. You are free to do what you like of course, I just find that if I can gouge a disengage, I can save step. It might be worth trying out. :>

I like Disengaging over the Rogue again, instead of gaining more distance; just to mock him.

I sometimes own huntards as NE rogue
this is how i do it
-sap pet
-ambush hunter if they disengage do shadowmeld and restealth (if they use scatter shot, which is what i do against rogues if they are good, pop sprint and try to get them to disengage ( if that doesnt happen, its gg for you)
-reopen hunter and that should be down to half hp
-you might get scatter shotted and if the pet is spider or disarm pet, dont trinket is not, use trinket
-its pretty much over now you can sprint if the other gets away and evasion if you get spider webbed or disarmed ( or use trinket) you also have shadowstep too just incase some shit happens

The key to dealing with hunters is not putting yourself in a situation were you need to solo them. WSG and AB are both team games and too many people seem to forget this. Healer + DPS = dead hunter, then you move on. You keep me alive, I keep you alive. Hey, imagine that, team work guys :p

The key to dealing with hunters is not putting yourself in a situation were you need to solo them. WSG and AB are both team games and too many people seem to forget this. Healer + DPS = dead hunter, then you move on. You keep me alive, I keep you alive. Hey, imagine that, team work guys :p

QFT, using explosive shot, aracne, aracne leaves hunter with 0 focus. Yes he can still strafe, conc shot you. But he'll have to stop to use steady shot in order to build focus. You will not kill a good hunter 1 on 1 in open field however i have had some druids rape me in tight spaces in wsg. You have to move around wsg in one big blob of death or you will spend game in gy.

Users who are viewing this thread