Computer Specs! What'cha gaming with?

Rigsby

Legend
Computer Specs!

Heya guys! Rigsby here, and I decided that we should start some new fun, and set it off with some fun forum threads. Here we have the computer spec thread! Show peeps what'cha are enjoyin' the game on!

Case:
Thermaltake Overseer Full Tower Gaming Case

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

PSU:
1050 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-1050HX

RAM:
16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-2133 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X

Motherboard:
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe

Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz - Single Card

2nd Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz - Single Card

Hard Drives:

Primary - 256 GB ADATA SP900 SSD

Data Hard Drive - 2 TB WD Black HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Audio:
ASUS Xonar Essence STX

Cooling:
Fans and Shit (Liquid cooling scares me)

Peripherals:
Mouse - Razer Naga Epic

Keyboard - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2013

Headset - SteelSeries Siberia v2 USB

Monitor - Asus PA248Q 24" (1920 x 1200) x 3 & 46" LED HX750 Internet TV (Mounted on Wall)

Key Pad - Razer Orbweaver

Internet:
2451271552.png

Average FPS:
150-190 FPS on Ultra settings. I've hit 150 before on fights like Ultraxion. So many stuffs.

Average MS:
30-50MS depending on Zone / Group / People.

(Will post a picture as well! Missing some stuff.. Damn amazon -.-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with my line of work, most of that is required, or at least makes thing easier. I had always enjoyed gaming, so I just added a few more things, and ended up with my current computer. The only thing I'd say I went excessive on is graphics -.- thinking I should of went a little more for storage. Going to have to throw a 32gb ram and maybe add another TB to my data hard drive. But aside from that, I enjoy gaming and such, so why not?

If it's for your line of work then perhaps that's more understandable. If it's for video gaming, I think it's overkill. What game uses up 12 gigs of ram? And why do you need your gfx card to be overclocked out the wazoo?

Btw, how much did this cost you? If you don't mind me asking.

The only things I payed for were the peripherals, case, and the graphics card. I honestly don't know why it's over clocked lol that's how I just got installed or how they chose to do it. I think the pricing on the computer is like 1700-2000 and then another 1000$ for the peripherals. The Ram really isn't meant for my WoW. I have a large amount of programs being ran at once. Lets say I'm doing a website. Usually have Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Bridge, multiple browsers, and then either Java, jcreator, or anything else I might be using. That's a lot of crap. AND a lot of storage. What I'm looking to do is get another computer just for work, and have a shitload of ram, storage, etc.

Okay, that's understandable man. I just thought you shelled up a ton of money only to play video games, when it's not entirely necessary to shell out so much money to play video games.

It's a nice computer ofc.

Nah, I don't think I would spend as much just for gaming. It just sort of worked out. Originally I had pretty much this computer but just like 500 series graphic card. I grabbed the 2 670s after my GM suggested it to me :) I really like how it turned out though. Enough about my computer, what are you guys rocking?

op said:
asus xonar '' Headphone Amp card for Audiophiles!'' + steelseries siberia v2
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffhehehheeeeeeeeeeeheheeheheeeeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAAHA

anyway
3570k@4.2@stock volt
msi z77 mpower board
8gb 1600mhz ram
nonref msi 670
intel 520 ssd
wdc black for storage
shitty asus monitor
shitty qpad mech keyboard
corsair m60

jvc stereo receiver with 250ohm beyerdynamic dt770pros/marantz lsp1412 speakers(lol marantz dark ages I know)

yup, 24 years old and they still work, cones are pushed in but aside from that they're fine. the receiver is dying channel by channel though, need to buy a new one

ps
ditch your siberias, if you paid for that rig you can pay for some sennheisers or beyerdynamics too :p

Hahaha yea I have a badass Bose surround sound in my office, but my sister and her newborn are down the hall, visiting us for a few months, so I went out and grabbed a pair of Siberias.

Damn bro, if I had your computer I would be a beast. I play on a desktop I made back in '08.

Average 45 FPS, and ~100 ms. And I have to run it on low settings to get that, or else I'll be stuck with 20-30 FPS.

Users who are viewing this thread