Comparison between BFA and SL twinking

Fxv

Veteran
yo everyone, I kinda quit twinking in SL because scaling in my opinion makes it not worth even gearing except on a few classes, however, I wanted to know how people felt about BFA twinking versus SL twinking. I rarely see any twinks nowadays in BGs and wonder where they all went since most really good twinks I saw in BFA kinda went poof...

Like right now I'm seeing the best possible gear is a shit ton of BOE's that drop, is that really the only real option there is nowadays?

Sorry if I seem super downer I just want to get peoples thoughts about this xpac's current situation before I attempt to get back into it.

Gear choice doesn't matter, do whatever you want and you'll pretty much be fine, TBC gear is very good too. SL feels like a leveling bracket and BFA felt more like twinking.

Reactions: Fxv
There are tons of gearing options.

I forget which expansion it was, but whichever one where stats/gear literally didn’t matter and only item level mattered (which was white items for off-hands and stupid shit like that) was the worst ever.

I honestly wish Honor Points were a thing again and we could purchase PvP gear that would scale down in level — would actually reward people for, you know, PvPing, rather than mindlessly spamming TBC dungeons until your eyes fall out of your head.

I forget which expansion it was, but whichever one where stats/gear literally didn’t matter and only item level mattered (which was white items for off-hands and stupid shit like that) was the worst ever.

I honestly wish Honor Points were a thing again and we could purchase PvP gear that would scale down in level — would actually reward people for, you know, PvPing, rather than mindlessly spamming TBC dungeons until your eyes fall out of your head.

I like that idea and it was Legion where only Ilvl mattered.

I rarely see any twinks nowadays in BGs and wonder where they all went since most really good twinks I saw in BFA kinda went poof...
The number of F2P/Vet twinks stayed roughly the same, while the population of the 20-29 bracket damn neared tripled because of the squish AND we got access to half a dozen new BGs.

So the percent of twinks in the bracket is significantly less and spread out over a larger number of possible games. It's going to feel light on twinks and heavy on levelers.

It's honestly best to think of this as a new bracket (because it kinda is, despite F2P being a relatively old thing?) and one thats going to need growth, rather than a ready made scene you can just jump into.

Hello again did you level all of your geared bfa 120s or do you still have one at 50? If so I will dm you about the level 50 bracket

You came in with that extended car warranty didnt you?

You came in with that extended car warranty didnt you?
Yes because I knew he played mythic raiding and rated pvp on his 120s since we are friends on bnet. I also helped this person gear up his bfa 20 with free and exremely cheap glitch enchants and epics. He hasn’t been online in a while so where else am I going to ask him about it. I’m not desperate if that’s what you’re trying to poke at me for.

Yes because I knew he played mythic raiding and rated pvp on his 120s since we are friends on bnet. I also helped this person gear up his bfa 20 with free and exremely cheap glitch enchants and epics. He hasn’t been online in a while so where else am I going to ask him about it. I’m not desperate if that’s what you’re trying to poke at me for.

It was a joke...I thought people knew about the extended warranty thing..

Hello again did you level all of your geared bfa 120s or do you still have one at 50? If so I will dm you about the level 50 bracket

sorry sorry my two good geared guys are now 60 qwq
[doublepost=1614202969,1614202920][/doublepost]

and also yes thank you once again for helping me out with all that shit <3

I have become exalted in factions because of running TBC instances for a single piece of gear. Gear grinding is part of the path to BiS though. When you see that piece drop you do a fist pump and go on to the next gear grind.

/cheer

Users who are viewing this thread