EU+US Coming back to Wow and I have some question

Conzil

F2P Legend
Some of you may remember me, some may not. I used to do level 10 and 19 twinking back in Mist of Pandaria and I am comming back to Wow.
Since it was a long time ago I played Wow I have some questions.
  1. Which classes/specs are viable?
  2. Any active 19 twink guild on EU?
  3. How does the ilvl thing on gear work these days, doesn't the stats matter at all?

Hi! I'm new to XPOff and started twinking about a month ago, so correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

1. If you are talking about viable in battlegrounds like Warsong Gulch, Balance Druids are the king of FC's due to their shapeshift and powerful speed boost cooldown. Arms Warrior and Survival Hunter are also really powerful and hit extremely hard. Personally, I play between an Arcane / Frost Mage, and Ray of Frost (Frost Talent) is stupidly powerful. Most classes can get by, but from what I've heard and from making my own opinion, Feral and Guardian druid aren't that great due to you not having your Rake stun at low levels and the lack of defensive cooldowns at this level as Guardian. If we're talking about classes that aren't great at flag carrying specifically, Warrior and Paladin while very tanky lack the mobility that puts druid over the top. In terms of healers, most of them are viable. While I haven't seen enough to make a very valid opinion, I think Holy Priest is a notch down from Disc because you don't have a bubble and a powerful instant cast like Penance. Restoration Shaman is good because of its powerful single target heals while also having a ranged interrupt which is good against casters like Mages that can ruin the flag carriers day. I haven't personally played a Mistweaver Monk, but I think its good at its job.

2. Don't play on EU so I can't tell you. I'm sure though that if you look around this forums you can find an answer to that

3. To put it simply, in INSTANCED pvp (Battlegrounds and Arena) stats and enchants do not matter on a gear. The only thing that is factored in is ilvl which I believe after ilvl24 every ilvl adds a .1% increase to your stats. That is why items like The Rock and Problem Solving Pendant are BiS for every class for the rings in neck. For WORLD PVP the ilvl isn't really a factor. Here its all about the stats on all your items and the enchants that you put on them.

Hopefully you could follow what I wrote, the first response is kind of messy in structure :p. Hopefully I answered your question!

Class tier list: https://xpoff.com/threads/class-tier-list-for-wsg.72026/

Wouldn't say that there are any active guilds specifially. Maybe someone can correct me on that. 19s on EU is pretty stale at the moment.

For gear, you want your class-appropriate armor to trigger the 5% bonus increase in the stat-template that Blizzard introduced in Legion (no stats on gear matter, no enchants either). After you made sure that you are fully equipped with your class-appropriate armor, you can start focusing on item level. Item level is another factor to the stat-template that will give you extra stats. The higher, the better.

When it comes to weapons, as a melee, you want to equip the slowest possible 2-hander/main-hand. That is simply due to the scaling inside instanced pvp, where the weapon damage will be scaled depending on the speed of the weapon. Like in WoD, gear still get's scaled to the average item level of each respective bracket (basically the item level of heirlooms). So when a low item level weapon gets scaled up, and it has slow speed, the damage will scale with it to compensate for said speed.
As a caster, you want to equip a wand when possible. As of right now, wands count as a 2-hander (staff) in the stat-template. Meaning, it's essentially going to be calculated as staff + offhand equipped.

Now, a lot of stats and weapon speeds may change next patch, since all weapons, as it stands right now on PTR, is looking to get normalized. That means, that every dagger will have the same speed, every axe will have the same speed and so on.

There are also a lot of stat changes in terms of gear in the upcoming patch if you still care for your twinks outside of an instanced PvP environment. I suggest you look up the latest thread by @Rob for more detailed information on the new changes with the upcoming patch.

But in essence, gear doesn't matter much, and you could practically wear all greys/whites in order to trigger the 5% bonus in the stat-template.

Users who are viewing this thread