EU Coming Back to Twinking

Zepriest

Grandfathered
Hi Guys,

Iv'e got a bit of free time now my exams have finished for good. I used to be a leader of one of the draneor guilds for level 70 twinks. I have only played level 70 twinks so far however..

I'm just wondering in terms of arena what bracket would be the best for me....?

I like fast paced games where skill is involved and a bracket which is active in arena?

Is 70 still viable or is 19 now good for arena?

Thanks dudes,

Matt

70 is still viable as far as I know, you should read in the 70-79 bracket-section instead. ;)

But for 19s, Arenas pop a lot daily - But you can argue whether or not the games are of high quality as its mostly just oneshots by rogues, or getting rekt by stupid Kittycats & AlcoholMonks. But If you want skill, 19s is not really the place to be. The games are fast, sure.. But skilled.. nope. Nope. NOPE!

The best arenas you'll find in terms of quality is at endgame. Arenas in any twink bracket is mostly just plebby af. Sometimes you get good games though. As for most skill? I think 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, or 90-99 is what you are looking for. Maybe not player-wise, but just potentially, since you have more buttons to press, and that opens up for more tactics, and overall gameplay in the arena. If you wan't challenging arenas, then I suggest you play 19/29 and play non-fotm classes / comps. That is actually interesting from time to time.

Thanks Guys,

What are they top classes at 19? Do twinks now have rated arena's still iv'e heard something about skirmishes?

I like the idea of 19 being so easy to level and chop and changing, is gear relatively easy to obtain?

There is no longer such a thing as rated arenas for twinks. This website does however have a skirmish rating pulled from the Blizzard API. Skirmish rating works as it does with endgame rated arenas. There is however a twist to it. At endgame, the MMR tries to face you vs teams with similar MMR. In skirmish, the game priorities quantity of games over quality. Meaning, that you face completely random teams. However, if your skirmish MMR is significanly lower than the opposing team, then you will gain a lot of skirmish MMR. And vise versa, if you lose vs a skirmish team that has low MMR, whereas you have high MMR, you will lose a lot of MMR. So in that regard, it is just as it is at endgame.

Here is the ladder: http://xpoff.com/wow-ladder/

A level 19 is fairly easy to level and gear. Most of the gear consists of BoA's and quest/dungeon items. Look at the 19's directory for more information on that regard.

US directory: http://xpoff.com/threads/the-19s-directory.59340/
EU directory: http://xpoff.com/threads/the-19s-directory.66240/

As to what classes are the best. For arena, DPS classes like Warriors & Monks dominates the bracket. Simply because of how easy and effective they are at this level. As for healers, Disc Priests and Rshamans seems to be the choice.
However, if you are truly looking for a challenge, try play non-fotm classes. If you are a good player, you should still be able to beat the bads that queue fotm classes. However, should you meet good classes in the hands of good players, the match becomes incredibly hard, which in my opinion makes it interesting. I dislike the easy wins, and savor the hard matches, win or lose. Also, a win just feels that much better vs fotm stuff, when you play underdog classes.

It is important to note, that 19's at this moment is a lot more about the Gulch (WSG), than it is about arena.

GL twinking.

Thanks guys gonna try out a 19 priest i think! Or mage...

What's the best realm/faction for top end arena?/BG's?

Also quickest way to get 19 then lock exp is that the best option?

Thanks again

Matt

The established hubs right now are

-Alliance: Ravencrest.
-Horde: Stormscale.
-Honorable mentions: Draenor, Argent-Dawn.

Quickest way for horde, depending what race you start as, is either quest, or grind to 10 (some starting areas are close to areas with high spawn-rate mobs, Undead is one example). After you reach level 10, you ideally want to solo Ragefire Chasm after that till you reach level 19, and then lock your exp.

Quickest way for alliance is to farm the murlocs at Eastvale Logging Camp till you reach level 10. After that, you wanna solo Deadmines till you reach level 19, and then lock your exp.

Ideally, you wanna start as the opposite faction of what you plan to be playing. The reason for this is to obtain certain BiS pieces that is linked to said opposing faction, and is only obtainable by playing that faction. It also opens up for opportunities, such as unique transmog etc. Wowhead is a great tool to use in that regard.

Hope this helped.

Thank-you mate been very helpful.

In terms of when you say Solo, do you literally mean go through the whole of it myself? Rather than getting a level 100 to help?

Had Kapriest i think... Zerogue... Joedoorman... Can't remember my exact names bro just got my account back.

I have 70's Lock, Hunter, and druid. Are you online add my id if you are? @Onlydreams

Users who are viewing this thread