Charax Guide: How to Snare the EFC

Charax

Battleground Superstar
Hello friends! Charax Silvershield here to provide you with some additional Master Tips for the 19 bracket. Today's topic is How to Snare the EFC.

Today's meta has mobile FC's that use their class abilities and knowledge of jumps to evade a multitude of pursuers. In a previous guide, I recommended that you Don't Chase the Tail and should be predicting where the mobile EFC will head to and cut them off.

I am noticing that many players are struggling against certain types of FC classes. Sometimes your class isn't the right counter, but almost always, someone on your team has the right kit to be the foil.

Let's visit a few of the tougher mobile FC classes.

Druids

5OJNL3zQ_400x400.jpg

Druids have the ability to shift out of all snares/roots. They also have Entangling Roots and likely Nature's Grasp to root a pursuer. The trick with Druids is to keep applying slows so that they run out of mana shape shifting. At that point, the Druid can be snared and easily killed.

Hunters, being the class that most noobs/terribles gravitate to, are notoriously clueless on what they should be doing. Most of them will fire at the Druid at range and get a token Concussion Shot that the Druid easily shape shifts out of.

The
Hunter should get into melee range and apply Wing Clip. Every time the Druid shape shifts out of that snare, you apply the Wing Clip again. At some point, the Druid will stop shape shifting (running out of mana or realizing the hopelessness of dealing with a Charax trained hunter), at which point, you should run in front of the Druid and blast him in the face. The reason you do this is you might as well throw some DPS at the snared Druid but more importantly, if the Hunter does get snared somehow, the Druid is running in your direction and you likely will not get snared out of the play. If the Druid breaks your snare or your Wing Clip duration is running out, get back into melee and Wing Clip again.

(
Hunter Pro Tip: If you twink, don't be a cheap asshole by not getting multiple weapons with different enchants. For example, a discount Hunter could use a Searing Blade with a Fiery enchant, and try to get some DPS procs from the weapon and/or the enchant while spamming Wing Clip)

Don't forget to drop a
Scare Beast on a Druid (it works when they are in bear form). It's nice to use when the Druid has been snared, might as well fear them so they might go backwards or if they shift to humanoid form, presents a softer target to DPS.

A
Druid may cast Entangling Roots. When he starts casting, move ahead of the Druid so you don't get rooted out of the play. You should probably trinket that first root and then deal with a shorter duration root if he casts it on you again.

A
Druid may apply Nature's Grasp but many Druids invest 5 points in this talent to guarantee a root on the next hit. When you see the Druid cast Nature's Grasp, back off and let your pet eat the snare on its next attack, then proceed to Wing Clip the Druid.

There are almost always multiple
Hunters on your team. Just get it done, boys.

Paladins

paladind_6742.jpg

The main thing that a
Paladin FC has got going for them is Blessing of Freedom. You can't snare them with this active and a Paladin can break snares by activating it. If they spec Guardian's Favor (and they should), they can keep this active for 10 seconds with only a 4 second downtime until they can free themselves for another 10 seconds (think about it... 20 seconds out of 24 seconds where you can't snare him!).

All you need is a Priest to spam
Dispel or a Shaman to spam Purge to get rid of the Paladin's buffs. Then you can easily snare him. That's it. It's that foolishly easy and yet, Priests and Shamen regularly fail at this simple task allowing the mobile Paladin EFC to run around his base with other classes unable to snare him.

If you are playing a Priest or
Shaman and an enemy Paladin EFC has the flag, do your job. Don't sit back on D with your FC. Don't be a tool that just shocks and drops totems. Hunt that EFC and Dispel/Purge.

Priests

7f23f34d-21a5-4821-94cf-eacd2a5c7166-1_blessing_of_lake_erie_IMG_3695.JPG

Priests can be somewhat challenging to snare. Melee rooters, like
Warriors or Hunters, can get Feared (possibly out of the chase) before they can apply their Hamstring or Wing Clip. A smart Priest will make sure to put a Warrior in combat (SW: Pain) so that he can't Charge in to snare him.

There are ranged snares (
Entangling Roots, Frost Bolts, Concussion Shot) but these can all be Dispelled by the Priest. Nice toolkit, huh?

The trick to getting a ranged snare to stick on a priest is to throw every kind of debuff (preferably low mana Rank 1 spells) on the Priest. The
Dispel will randomly remove a single debuff and not necessarily the snare.

For example, if I am a pursuing
Druid, toss on Faerie Fire and Moonfire (rank 1) and then Entangling Roots. As the Priest starts to Dispel, immediately reapply it. Overwhelm the priest with all your crappy debuffs and you should be able to snare him for an extended period of time.

When all else fails... Warlocks!

images

If you hate relying on nubs to do their role to snare the veteran mobile EFC, the
Warlock is a nice choice to screw them up. Warlocks like to scare people. They can Fear anyone. While not a snare, a Fear will have the EFC running in a random direction, quite possibly into the waiting arms of your comrades. Fear is also a nice tool of separating an EFC from his healer.

I hope you enjoyed reading this guide and perhaps learned a thing or two.

Feedback (and any pro tips) are always welcome!

Last edited:
If a Druid shouldn’t take four in imp natures grasp where should the points go? You have to get to natural shapeshifter

If a Druid shouldn’t take four in imp natures grasp where should the points go? You have to get to natural shapeshifter

Actually, good point... I guess if their going Tier 2 balance, they really have no alternatives.

When walking the Path of Charax the student is encouraged to challenge the master, and rewarded always for his efforts.

When walking the Path of Charax the student is encouraged to challenge the master, and rewarded always for his efforts.

I think it is good for everyone to keep an open mind as knowledge can come from unexpected places. I actually get excited playing against very good players and they pull a little move that I haven’t seen before. It doesn’t happen often anymore but it did last night.

I was playing a warlock and chasing the druid EFC Scrappy (or Scruffy?). I was in range to cast a fear, and he broke bear form to cast moonfire, causing pushback and then he was out of range before I could finish the cast. He did that to me on three occassions. Rather clever!

Thinking about it, next time I run into him, I could sacrifice my VW to prevent that pushback!

Anyways, I think I am going off on a tangent. I dropped the point about only investing one point into Nature’s Grasp. Thanks for mentioning it!

Ngl this is extremely cringeworthy. I hoped you helped atleast one person as far as telling hunters to wingclip, but in case anyone was confused by this, priests and warlocks should never ever FC... and this is why:

Primary target, depending on the situation, is usually either between CC, healer, and EFC. And by making a CC or healer the FC you allow the enemy team flawlessly choose who to attack while simultaneously locking them down.

Mages are the one exception because ice armor is so strong, but still not preferred because they cant cast, and are squishy if they get slowed.

FC priority Druid(premade) / Paladin(pug) > Warrior > Mage. Everyone else should pass as soon as reasonably possible. Paladins are better if the other team can't or doesn't know how to dispel.
Druids are better if the other team does dispel.

Last edited:
Ngl this is extremely cringeworthy.

This should be interesting.

giphy.gif

I hoped you helped atleast one person as far as telling hunters to wingclip

Is that what you took from the guide? From what I have seen, almost every hunter is not riding a druid EFC with successive wing clips on shape shift changes. This is a very strong reminder that applying a single clip and going back to range is largely idiotic.

priests and warlocks should never ever FC... and this is why:

Primary target, depending on the situation, is usually either between CC, healer, and EFC. And by making a CC or healer the FC you allow the enemy team flawlessly choose who to attack while simultaneously locking them down.

Mages are the one exception because ice armor is so strong, but still not preferred because they cant cast, and are squishy if they get slowed.

FC priority Druid(premade) / Paladin(pug) > Warrior > Mage. Everyone else should pass as soon as reasonably possible. Paladins are better if the other team can't or doesn't know how to dispel.
Druids are better if the other team does dispel.

The rest of your post completely missed the point of this. This is a guide for pursuers of EFC, not a guide on which class is ideally suited to EFC. Perhaps I'll put together a Guide on How to Read and Comprehend because you clearly missed out on what I thought was rather obvious.

It's almost as if you have no formal education. It's actually typical for people that utter homophobic slurs to be uneducated. Congrats on fitting the stereotype.

But thanks for the feedback!

Once again we have heretics who refuse to walk the Path of Charax

I thought people would like it solely because of the druid picture, content be damned. Tough crowd here!

Bumping because people are still retarded and don't know the basics especially when it comes to Druid EFC's.

If you argue with me in-game about druids shifting out of your hamstrings/wing clips, you're honestly just bad.

Coming from a guy who was surprised a druid used moonfire as a spell knockback, you're right, still retarded indeed.

Surprised because I never saw other druid EFC’s do that to prevent themselves from being feared. When you see good gameplay, you adopt it and/or figure out the counter play (in that situation, sac the VW to prevent the pushback). That’s how you evolve as a player.

To argue against good advice and not evolve is how a player remains retarded.

Unfortunately Charax will forever remain retarded for other reasons. :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread