Catch me up please

Kutotems

Legend
I played 60s in the Nightfall bracket from 3.2 to 3.3.3, on a vanilla account in the XP BGs, 1 shottin n00bs with a ret paladin in full gemmed gear, and 4v30ing horde with some guildies. I want to come back to the game, but its been awhile, so i was hoping that people could catch me up. What classes are imba? what are balanced? most fun? Id love to start playing a shaman, enhancement or elemental, but i dont want to be able to get destroyed by a good sub rogue due to a chain stun and 3 second silence + massive damage.

The big question is, how are the Q times? or are the brackets even active?

Also, 64s vs 60s, which is more fun overall?

i know engineering is key, but the question i have here is, What else? and what is the cost usually?

thats all the questions i have, but feel free to add anything if you feel like its needed. thanks!

I played 60s in the Nightfall bracket from 3.2 to 3.3.3, on a vanilla account in the XP BGs, 1 shottin n00bs with a ret paladin in full gemmed gear, and 4v30ing horde with some guildies. I want to come back to the game, but its been awhile, so i was hoping that people could catch me up. What classes are imba? what are balanced? most fun? Id love to start playing a shaman, enhancement or elemental, but i dont want to be able to get destroyed by a good sub rogue due to a chain stun and 3 second silence + massive damage.

The big question is, how are the Q times? or are the brackets even active?

Also, 64s vs 60s, which is more fun overall?

i know engineering is key, but the question i have here is, What else? and what is the cost usually?

thats all the questions i have, but feel free to add anything if you feel like its needed. thanks!

Q times are more or less around 10minutes during prime times.

Ret Paladins are still viable but now really on procs for heavy burst.

Pally, Mage, Rogue are the OP classes

Rogues kill everyone, get used to it.

Both Enhance and Elemental shamans are very viable if played right and player knows how to off-heal.

Engineering isn't as necessary as one would think unless you're playing gnome. Although alot of the stuff is pretty cool so check it out.

As for your other professions if you're playing elemental definitely think about herb as the haste buff is extremely nice.

The 64 v 60 debate is as follows: Old players remain true to their 60s and discourage 64s. Though, we all know that 64s have more powerful gear available, more talents, more spells and whatnot many of us still keep to our 60s just for an old school feel. If you do in fact go 64 at least finish gearing your character and don't enter BGs with HWL/GM gear because that will just make people angry.

Hope this helped, any questions feel free to ask.

thanks! i was thinking of making my 62 rogue a 64 twink, because i have been a sub rogue twink when they sucked at when they were good (I was backstab/ambush at 19, 29, and 39, when Sinister and Hemo were considered better). I have alot of old stuff on the toon (seargent from 39 twinking in classic, spirit of competition from olympics, etc). I always loved doing high burst in the middle of 5 hordes on the FC, and returning it before they even notice. as far as weapons go, are the Grand Marshals Weapons the best for 64s? or is the BoA/BoP from dungeons?

I always ran engi on my 60 because of the rocket launcher/chicken thing with +45 stamina on it, the goggles @ 62 would be nice also, im assuming that skin and herb would be best for rogue besides engi?

Users who are viewing this thread