Cataclysm... 80 Twinks?

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
Is anyone else considering making a level 80 twink when Cataclsym hits?

I'm tempted to make my 80 DK main a twink, just because I don't want to see all its gear go to waste.

It could be quite a nice bracket. No need to xp lock, several different battlegrounds to choose from, decent difference between pvp and pve gear.

Feaire said:

I'm tempted to make my 80 DK main a twink, just because I don't want to see all its gear go to waste.

It could be quite a nice bracket. No need to xp lock, several different battlegrounds to choose from, decent difference between pvp and pve gear.

Interesting thought, but I'll stick with leveling to cap. :3

would be crappy right when cata hits since everyone will be leveling asap (aka not in battle grounds); this will be interesting since for the first time a bracket wont be 1-9...it'll be 80-84 then 85 separate. anyways...w/e; just dont buy cata so you dont have to waste time and money downgrading. i think it'll be harder than twinking a 70 tho since with only 5 lvls between you and your twink icc wont be as easy as swp (which can still be difficult with lvl 80 tards).

Feaire said:

i would make it now, get geared the best you can...once Cata comes out, any 80 not leveling is usually called a twink. i agree with other poster who says that making a 80 will be harder than making a 70 when exp releases.

right now making a 70 twink is getting harder and harder.

as for all those battle grounds, that IMO will hurt even more. at 70 now lucky to get 1 AV going within reasonable time, WSG is somewhat regular, AB and EOTs get attention mostly only on bonus weekends.

shanker said:
i would make it now, get geared the best you can...once Cata comes out, any 80 not leveling is usually called a twink. i agree with other poster who says that making a 80 will be harder than making a 70 when exp releases.

right now making a 70 twink is getting harder and harder.

as for all those battle grounds, that IMO will hurt even more. at 70 now lucky to get 1 AV going within reasonable time, WSG is somewhat regular, AB and EOTs get attention mostly only on bonus weekends.

I was thinking, due to gearing up my DK main a lot, I'd make that my 80 twink.

Although I think you're right about twinking being harder than 70. However, if I'm gearing up now (mainly in pvp gear) there won't be much need to do ICC except for shadowmourne.

And as for all the battlegrounds. I guess in a smaller bracket (80-84), and all those different BGs (only able to queue for 2 at once), maybe the battlegrounds could become scarce.

I see it largely depending on how they decide to organize the brackets. If the battlegrounds fall under a 71-80 bracket, or 75-80, it's unlikely there will be enough players for Wintergrasp, Isle of Conquest, or Strand of the Ancients. I'm not sure of how the Wintergrasp mechanics would work as there are always a lot of players on each side currently, however we can be sure a 7 vs 9 Wintergrasp would be interesting indeed!

wg will most likely stay 60-85 (or whatever they changed the minimum level too - it used to be no min lvl) but wg wont really be that popular since the action will be moved from NR back to EK and kalimdor. but im sure 80 twinks or people leveling/farming in NR will still pop in there and do a small skirmish (prolly ~10 a side tosp). i think they wont split up the BGs and mess up the lower brackets, but ya never know. i think they'll do like i said and just have an 80-84 bracket & then separate 85 like usual. since there are so many bgs available that works agains levelers and twinks alike. once cata hits and settles down im sure battlegroup by battlegroup people will have to decide which to que on what days, etc. if people just randomly que 2 bgs there are lower odds enough people of the same and opposite faction will que to trigger it. so coordination will be key. im not sold on the whole 80 twink thing, but ya never know...so far after each xp people have stayed behind to twink, but cata is just such a different change idk.

I am actually doing this for sure, been planning to for couple months now.

Working on getting full wrathful/t2 weap so ill be all set and twinked for expansion lol

t2 weap? 10

Ninjato said:
I am actually doing this for sure, been planning to for couple months now.

Working on getting full wrathful/t2 weap so ill be all set and twinked for expansion lol

I'm in full relentless gear + wrathful accessories atm, with Bryntroll. If I go down the 80 twinking route, I'll want to have full wrathful and possibly shadowmourne by the time cataclsym hits.

Doffe said:
277 pvp wep

figured. get sum shadow's edge -> shadowmourne tho. start getted dem saronites

Users who are viewing this thread