Cata 19 Server Concept

Do you want this?

• Yes

• No

• Wotlk or nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mvq

2016 TC Champion
I've been talking to a lot of people about what'd be the best option possible, and I think this is the best server I can produce.

In order for you to understand, let me go point by point.

The problem with Cata 19s
- There's no class diversity. Hunters, Mages and Locks are the only good DPS, Priests and Hpals are the only good healers. Everything else is completely useless. Yes, Rogues are good. But they are so clunky, you're basically a shadowstep ambush bot.
The solution
- In order to fix class diversity, I'd balance the server in the back-end. Yes, this would mean the server would technically be "custom". But you know me. You know that I've never made a server that had classes that were unbalanced, or didn't feel like a Twink.

Example of how I'd go about this
- To fix Warriors and make them viable, I'd allow them to charge in combat and increase their damage by 20%. Currently, Warriors have no mobility and their damage is extremely low, while being really squishy. This would fix the problem with Warriors, without making it feel like you're playing a budget version of end-game and without making it a brainless class.

Not every class can be competitive
- It's important to understand that I'm not trying to make every class GOOD. I'm just trying to make every class decent. The current average is so bad. There's 3 good DPS classes, and everything else is literally unplayable. Disc Priests do more damage than Shadow Priests Ele Shamans and Boomkins, and the healing of these hybrid specs are really low. Prot Warriors do same dmg as Fury Warriors.

So the concept is this:
WSG only, no arenas. You can purchase GF'd Gear by turning in a currency which you acquire from winning WSG. You get nothing from losing. Classes will be balanced by me. The balancing philosophy is this: Have every class be acceptable to have on your team. Make RDruid FCs the best FC. Reduce damage by HPala and Disc Priest enough so they can't compete with dedicated DPS. Increase healing output by HPala's instant casts and reduce healing output by Flash of Light, so HPalas don't feel like a 1 button class.
Exclusive Transmog Boxes, which can contain any Shoulder, Head, Chest and Weapon in the game. Every item in the Box will be BoE and they will all be transmoggable on your character, unless it's not your armor type, or weapon type.
Winning WSG will give you Gold which you can spend on the AH to purchase any unwanted Transmog items from other players.
Simple, sweet concept.

Please discuss in the comments if you think this is a good idea, what you'd change and such.

Thanks for reading so far.

~ Mvq

do mop bro

I would if it was possible, but it's too expensive. We're talking 3k$. I can't pay out of my own pocket, and I don't wanna ask the community for money.

Fundamentals in WSG: 800$ (LoS fixed, Fear paths, Stack rules)
Class bugs: 600$ (Broken talents, broken spells)
Overhaul of the core, fixing general shit like Weapon procs, Pet rules, Fear break rule, Combat rules, armor calculation, resistance calculation: 1500$

just make every class balanced, gear doesnt matter, and go legion private server

giphy.gif

I've been talking to a lot of people about what'd be the best option possible, and I think this is the best server I can produce.

In order for you to understand, let me go point by point.

The problem with Cata 19s
- There's no class diversity. Hunters, Mages and Locks are the only good DPS, Priests and Hpals are the only good healers. Everything else is completely useless. Yes, Rogues are good. But they are so clunky, you're basically a shadowstep ambush bot.
The solution
- In order to fix class diversity, I'd balance the server in the back-end. Yes, this would mean the server would technically be "custom". But you know me. You know that I've never made a server that had classes that were unbalanced, or didn't feel like a Twink.

Example of how I'd go about this
- To fix Warriors and make them viable, I'd allow them to charge in combat and increase their damage by 20%. Currently, Warriors have no mobility and their damage is extremely low, while being really squishy. This would fix the problem with Warriors, without making it feel like you're playing a budget version of end-game and without making it a brainless class.

Not every class can be competitive
- It's important to understand that I'm not trying to make every class GOOD. I'm just trying to make every class decent. The current average is so bad. There's 3 good DPS classes, and everything else is literally unplayable. Disc Priests do more damage than Shadow Priests Ele Shamans and Boomkins, and the healing of these hybrid specs are really low. Prot Warriors do same dmg as Fury Warriors.

So the concept is this:
WSG only, no arenas. You can purchase GF'd Gear by turning in a currency which you acquire from winning WSG. You get nothing from losing. Classes will be balanced by me. The balancing philosophy is this: Have every class be acceptable to have on your team. Make RDruid FCs the best FC. Reduce damage by HPala and Disc Priest enough so they can't compete with dedicated DPS. Increase healing output by HPala's instant casts and reduce healing output by Flash of Light, so HPalas don't feel like a 1 button class.
Exclusive Transmog Boxes, which can contain any Shoulder, Head, Chest and Weapon in the game. Every item in the Box will be BoE and they will all be transmoggable on your character, unless it's not your armor type, or weapon type.
Winning WSG will give you Gold which you can spend on the AH to purchase any unwanted Transmog items from other players.
Simple, sweet concept.

Please discuss in the comments if you think this is a good idea, what you'd change and such.

Thanks for reading so far.

~ Mvq
i was all for another private server, but now i understand why people might have concern following a helpful resource to his last Cata Private server Project, which asked for donations but never happened... #WoLK or nothing. Safe to assume this is just another Donation Scandal.
"Atleast you can follow your childhood ambitions".
athene.jpg
mvq.jpg

i was all for another private server, but now i understand why people might have concern following a helpful resource to his last Cata Private server Project, which asked for donations but never happened... #WoLK or nothing. Safe to assume this is just another Donation Scandal.
"Atleast you can follow your childhood ambitions".
View attachment 9697 View attachment 9698

I literally said in the thread that I'm not going to need anyones money to make this happen. So obviously, it's not a donation scandal, you fucking inbred. Read the thread before responding. Holy fukc.

Reactions: MYT
I literally said in the thread that I'm not going to need anyones money to make this happen. So obviously, it's not a donation scandal, you fucking inbred. Read the thread before responding. Holy fukc.
So just add the Poll results we don't need a Autobiography involving your mistakes, either way good luck.

bump, I've ordered the dedicated server and starting development.
c97cf10ab645468bfc014f89a814ceb0.png

cool :)

Fix list:

Nerf tail spike
Nerf 7 int on bracers
Fix combat dropping
Remove Blessing of protection
Remove tcg vendors from westfall
Reduce arcane barrage crit chance
Nerf australian hunters in world pvp
Buff irish warlocks
Set demo warlocks felguard to retail stats