Caster Prep for prepatch

I'm 99% sure they are not going to scale down WoD enchants to be useable below level 90/ilvl 600. They've already gone through and made all current enchants unuseable on gear above ilvl 600, segregated the enchanting recipies (and other professions old recipies) within their spellbook, and all WoD enchants are going on different slots than normal (except for cloak and weapon).

Also, pvp power is shit on the PTR.
I really wish they would just remove the idiocy from cata forward, reforging and "oh you finally got that drop you have been waiting for? Good now blow your weekly valor cap upgrading it!" Etc.
Enchanting and geming was never a huge problem it didn't diminish the joy of getting new gear, all the crap that got tacked on recently DID.

I'm 99% certain that the new WOD enchants will be available for twinks. The entire point of enchants scaling by level is so that they can used at low levels. That's exactly why the WOD scrolls on beta scale down to my twink's level. And exactly why. 2 days before the patch, the scrolls have no ilvl requirement.

well you can also buy ilvl 600 gear from the same vendor, without lvl req, so...

beta is beta

I really wish they would just remove the idiocy from cata forward, reforging and "oh you finally got that drop you have been waiting for? Good now blow your weekly valor cap upgrading it!" Etc.
Enchanting and geming was never a huge problem it didn't diminish the joy of getting new gear, all the crap that got tacked on recently DID.

If you read the patch notes, you'll notice that reforging is indeed, gone. That, and most any benefit professions ever offered too. The problematic part of getting new items was going and finding enchants, gems, and reforging it to be useable. Which means you either had to put the raid on hold or wait until a later time to use a new item. I think they are trying to get away from that by offering zero enchants/gems for most pieces, removing the need to alter the item via reforging, and making it so you can just equip any new item without much of a loss in throughput (stat squish, lol).

raziel83 said:
I'm 99% certain that the new WOD enchants will be available for twinks. The entire point of enchants scaling by level is so that they can used at low levels. That's exactly why the WOD scrolls on beta scale down to my twink's level. And exactly why. 2 days before the patch, the scrolls have no ilvl requirement.

The only reason all current enchants are unusable above ilvl 600 is because the only enchantable slots for endgame WOD are rings / neck and cloak. This was just part of WOD's simplification of gameplay and to make enchanting on par with the other watered down professions. Ring / neck & cloak enchants aren't some special enchanting only bonus....anyone can use and make those enchants, regardless of whether they have enchanting or not (garrison buildings).

Many things in the game scale as a built in function of those things. There's even downscaling for high level gear and gems. Doesn't mean they are useable on low level characters.

Also, it's the beta. Wod is still a month away and final tweaks still need to be made. Those enchants were never on the PTR to begin with, so it's impossible to tell if they are actually useable on low level characters. Considering they are mostly new tertiary stats, I highly doubt they will be useable.

But you can keep fantasizing otherwise, okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
raziel83 said:
There isn't a shred of proof one way or the other, so your fantasy is just as credible as mine. It's a case of 'wait and see'.

I'm fantasizing? We're talking about a game with a decade of experience that says they won't let low level players access to something from the new expansion.

I'm fantasizing? We're talking about a game with a decade of experience that says they won't let low level players access to something from the new expansion.

An yet, every expansion has had some new enchant / armor kit or item usable by twinks one way or another, intended or not intended.

Users who are viewing this thread