Can't re-enable XP?

mkl122788

So, as a random aside, I am leveling my 10 to 14 and went to re-enable XP.

For some reason, I don't have the "not gaining XP" debuff and the guy will not allow me to turn my XP back on.

Is anyone else having issues with this?

To clarify the issue:

I was able to turn XP off and back on with a random character I had.

It seems as though the buff you receive when you turn off your experience is currently missing if you had your experience turned off before the patch.

My guess is the game doesn't recognize you as someone who can turn off your XP because it is already off. Unfortunately, the NPC doesn't seem to recognize you as someone who can turn on your experience either because the lack of debuff.

That said, as a curious turn of events, it doesn't seem to be giving party members the reduced experience gained debuff, either. I suppose this could be seen as an advantage in some regards.

EDIT: I was able to fix this by partying with a character on my second account and disabling/enabling XP with the broken character present. For some reason, my low level character getting the reduced XP debuff was enough to have the game check for whether or not her experience was enabled.

What a weird world.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what causes it but mine randomly fixed itself after a couple of hours. I'm glad I still have 7 days of game time left lol

To clarify the issue:

I was able to turn XP off and back on with a random character I had.

It seems as though the buff you receive when you turn off your experience is currently missing if you had your experience turned off before the patch.

My guess is the game doesn't recognize you as someone who can turn off your XP because it is already off. Unfortunately, the NPC doesn't seem to recognize you as someone who can turn on your experience either because the lack of debuff.

That said, as a curious turn of events, it doesn't seem to be giving party members the reduced experience gained debuff, either. I suppose this could be seen as an advantage in some regards.

EDIT: I was able to fix this by partying with a character on my second account and disabling/enabling XP with the broken character present. For some reason, my low level character getting the reduced XP debuff was enough to have the game check for whether or not her experience was enabled.

What a weird world.
Several posts on the Blizz Bug forum regarding this. You might wanna let em know your workaround.

So, as a random aside, I am leveling my 10 to 14 and went to re-enable XP.

For some reason, I don't have the "not gaining XP" debuff and the guy will not allow me to turn my XP back on.

Is anyone else having issues with this?

Join a dungeon group so that your “experience off debuff flag” shows next to your mini map. Now with the debuff flag on, go back and talk to the xp on/off npc. You can then turn your XP back on.
My experience has been “off” for three weeks. I was not able to turn my experience back “on” today (Wednesday Nov. 18) and my debuff flag was not showing. I joined a dungeon group so my debuff would flag, I left the dungeon and then talked to xp npc. With my toon now being XP off flagged, I was able to see the xp npc’s selection and turn my xp back on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpa
The alliance Npc will not allow me to unlock exp, blizzard said try entering stockade, didn't help. Anyone know what to do? My level was 19 before squish just came back.

Okay, got that bug on all my toons. Got scared for a second. Found this thread thanks to Chops.

I tried the "enter the stockades" solution, worked wonders. Ty guys.

Users who are viewing this thread