Can you not create the Crimson Sun gems as a F2P?

Resment

Veteran
I spent a lot of time grinding out my rep with The Consortium so that I could purchase the Design: Crimson Sun. I was leveling my jewelcrafting so I could actually create some of them and decided to purchase the Design: Subtle Golden Draenite to level up. It allowed me to purchase both designs but when right clicking on the Design: Subtle Golden Draenite from my inventory it says I cant use that item. What is going on, can you not learn this design as a F2P?

If I can't learn Design: Crimson Sun on my F2P what are the best agility gems I can craft myself, or is there another way for me to socket my gear with the Crimson Sun gems with out me crafting them myself?

What is going on, can you not learn this design as a F2P?
Probably the same thing I ran into leveling Northrend JC on my F2P. There are some designs and quest items that seem to have a hidden level requirement, meaning there's a lot you simply cant do unless these requirements are removed in the future. I was unable to find any hard-and-fast way to predict what is and isnt locked, and as the items themselves dont say anything, its a matter of just... finding out.

I spent a lot of time grinding out my rep with The Consortium so that I could purchase the Design: Crimson Sun. I was leveling my jewelcrafting so I could actually create some of them and decided to purchase the Design: Subtle Golden Draenite to level up. It allowed me to purchase both designs but when right clicking on the Design: Subtle Golden Draenite from my inventory it says I cant use that item. What is going on, can you not learn this design as a F2P?

Detective Conzil is here to solve your problem...

When Blizzard fixed tons of items on the 17th they realized that they were no match for us, we were to powerful for them, we would just keep finding new stuff to abuse, so blizz added a "fix" or "hidden level requirement" like Chops mentioned (hopefully temporary) where you cannot use items that were acquired from a zone above your level and Garrison (for some reason).

This includes pets, patterns, mounts, any item with a use effect.

However, if an item has more than one source for example your little recipe (can be bought from both Karaaz (level 25 zone) and Paulsta'ats (level 20 zone) you can simply just get the item from the vendor that is in the correct zone (Paulsta'ats)

(I went and bought the recipe just to show it's possible)
9iVeZBU.png

And the same thing should work for your Crimson Sun, didn't test cuz I'm only at 54 Jewelcrafting skill. Also, that gem isn't that major since it's Unique and you can only use one of them.

If I can't learn Design: Crimson Sun on my F2P what are the best agility gems I can craft myself, or is there another way for me to socket my gear with the Crimson Sun gems with out me crafting them myself?

@Resment UR GEMS WERE YUMMY !

Users who are viewing this thread