Tanks
tank_icon-23f3117.png

2. Raid stats

7bis-52e4aaf.jpg

Here is a brief summary about the statistics of the raid:

warlords-of-draenor2-4be1c88.png
Global
warlords-of-draenor2-4be1c88.png

• Event duration: 3h 25min (09 pm - 11.35 pm)
  • Number of participants:
    • 15 (09.14 pm - 10.19 pm)
    • 17 (10.25 pm - 10.46 pm)
    • 15 (10.46 pm - 11.07 pm)
    • 12 (11.07 pm - 11.21 pm)
  • Maximum number of people on the teamspeak: 7
  • Maximum number of people on the stream: No idea
  • Most represented class: Priest (4) - Hunter (4)
  • Number of DPS: 10
  • Number of healers: 6
  • Number of tanks: 3

(By order of difficulty: from easy to very difficult)

13bis-530a7b1.jpg

diablosaure-rex-5305a85.png
Tyrant Devilsaur

• Duration of the bout: Fast
  • Rank position: 2nd
  • Number of attacks on him: 1
  • Number of players during the assault: 15
  • Number of maximum damages on the NPC: 23 240 / 23 240 (100% total life)

14bis-530a7dc.jpg

diablosaure-cuiracier-5305a82.png
Ironhide Devilsaur

• Rank position: 1rst
  • Number of players during the assault: 14
  • Number of maximum damages on the NPC: 23 240 / 23 240 (100% total life)

6bis-52e4aa7.jpg

roi-mosh-5305a86.png
King Mosh

• Rank position: 3rd
  • Number of players during the assault: 15
  • Number of maximum damages on the NPC: 61 340 / 61 340 (100% total life)

10-52ee268.jpg

reth-hedron-le-dominateur-5305a89.png
Reth'hedron the Subduer

• Duration of the bout: Very long
  • Rank position: 4th
  • Number of attacks on him: 7
  • Number of players during the assault: 16-17
  • Number of maximum damages on the NPC: 28 960 / 122 150 (23% total life)

3. Screens

All the screens taken during the raid are available to this adress: https://plus.google.com/collection/gcjK2

You may find more content on the Google+ Rashferoth profil page.

Tyrant Devilsaur

wowscrnshot_083117_212046-5309082.jpg

wowscrnshot_083117_212056-5309086.jpg

Ironhide Devilsaur

wowscrnshot_083117_211546-5309080.jpg

supprimer2-530959b.jpg

roi-mosh-5305a86.png
King Mosh

supprimer-5305978.jpg

wowscrnshot_083117_212323-53090bb.jpg

Reth'hedron the Subduer

wowscrnshot_083117_223018-5308f87.jpg

supprimer-5305958.jpg

15-52c369f.png
Others

wowscrnshot_083117_215533-53090d4.jpg

supprimer-5305936.jpg

4. Videos

fond-d-cranla2017_1-5309104.jpg

A lot of videos have been recorded during the raid. They can be found right here:

(don't forget to activate the English subtitles)

To help you finding the best moments of the raid, here's a select of the most important scenes:

7bis-52e4aaf.jpg

Tyrant Devilsaur -
Ironhide Devilsaur -
roi-mosh-5305a86.png
King Mosh

10-52ee268.jpg

Reth'hedron the Subduer

Again, thanks to all the participants and people who made this raid realizable. As a reminder, you will find the trailer of the raid through this video: [Trailer] The Burning League (2017 edition).

Embu

What happened at the Reth'hedron encounter? Why so many wipes?

Edit: I've watched a few of the clips and it seems like your tank can't hold aggro, which is quite obvious as he's prot and can't hit anything, and even if he could then this particular boss casts cripple that reduces strength by 50%. For such a high level duos or raids I'd usually recommend holy paladin to tank combining the usage of plate armor, shield and self-heals that will be the most reliable way to generate threat.
Clarification: He was holy. My bad.
Also, one thing that stands out is that you did not start the fight with the others - which is good - but others did. I know that declaring a strategy on so many people is near impossible but starting to DPS after first few seconds is a must for tank to establish aggro.

I doubt mage hit anything during all of the fights. I get that he wanted to have fun & participate, but literally any other class would've been better if he had alts.

Nobody had (or at least nobody used) RoA. It's understandable as it's GFd, but also nobody used campfires...

I think that would be an EZ kill if you had more hunters and less nohit classes.

Last edited:
Wipes? You mean attempts, trials, assault phases?

If we didn't manage to kill him it's simply because we were not enough

Oh okay, I understand better now

So if we failed, it's simply because we were not enough. When you watch the video you can see that several times Bruttuss (our main tank) died after surviving quite long against the boss.

We can explain this by the fact that Reth'hedron invocates a spell making a lot of damages after about 30 seconds. At the beginning we thought it was possible to parry this by a heals-focus but even with this strategy it didn't work.

So I think the solution consists in bringing more tanks, in order each one takes over the aggro while the others release their spirit once dead and come back to the melee.

About the choice of the classes: you're right, some classes were useless but we couldn't refuse players by pretexting they will be useless too. The objective of a raid like this one is to have fun first; no one will enjoy the raid if he even can't participate. But I agree on the fact we should take more DPS the next time.

Edit : our biggest fear was to don't get enough healers to heal the main tank. But in fact no matter the number of healers, Reth'hedron will always manage to eliminate the one he targets in one single shot after some seconds. So we have to recruit more tanks to take over the aggro and make come more ranged DPS classes to increase the damages (hunters in priority).

Last edited:
Wipe is when you fail. When your whole group dies, but I just used it as a description of a failed attempt.

Reth was hitting hard, Bruttus did well to hold the aggro for as long as he could but with the cripple debuff it was hard for even us 6 healers to keep him up, often one shotted. With more hunters yes and maybe with another tank with +4k hp but like Embu says, the mix of classes we had was good fun and one of the mages turned out to be a very old friend who taught me the shaman ways which was nice!

Great summary and organising Embu , look forward to next years raids!

The amount of work and dedication you put into your events is on another level. If ppl used half of your dedication on their own events the twinklife would be crazy good!

Way to go, keep it up!

Reth was hitting hard, Bruttus did well to hold the aggro for as long as he could but with the cripple debuff it was hard for even us 6 healers to keep him up, often one shotted. With more hunters yes and maybe with another tank with +4k hp but like Embu says, the mix of classes we had was good fun and one of the mages turned out to be a very old friend who taught me the shaman ways which was nice!

Great summary and organising Embu , look forward to next years raids!

Thanks Billy,

About this raid I've indeed noticed it enabled you to find again someone that inspired you a long time ago

I didn't think this event would enable such things and I was quite glad about this reunion: it doesn't happen regularly, so if a raid enable to gather a lot of people including old friends this is especially cool :)

The amount of work and dedication you put into your events is on another level. If ppl used half of your dedication on their own events the twinklife would be crazy good!

Way to go, keep it up!

Thanks! I can already say you there will be another raid expected for the next summer (in August too)

Users who are viewing this thread