Build a 49 Warrior Project

A friend of mine is building an orc warrior and neither one of us have ever built one from the ground up.

I've looked at dozens of Gankbank armory pages and really, some of the gear is all over the map.

Head: Have a Mugthol's in the bank. Super cheap, seems like more of a pally thing though. Sunscale looks like a better option.

Neck: Woven Ivy, no brainer.

Shoulders: Wyrmslayer, BOA items not an option as main is Alliance.

Back: Grovekeeper's or Blackveil Cape.

Chest: Hydralick in the bank.

Wrist: Beserker's PVP

Gloves: Planning on Vice Grips of the Bear/Attack Power. Hakoo seems to be a cop out.

Wrist: Defiler's Plate

Legs: Golom Shard in the bank. 49 15/15 of the bear seem to be a better option to me but we got them super cheap. Yes I know about Silvershells but I'm trying to stay realistic here.

Boots: Defiler's PVP

Rings: Aquamarine of the Bear and Blackstone Ring

Gun: Precisely Calibrated Boomstick

Weapon: Here's where we're having the most decision making problems. Do you dual wield something like 2x Doomforged Straightedge or 2x Blade of the Wretched, Bloodrazors or some other combo (Thrash Blade perhaps.). OR 2H Executioner's Cleaver/Kang.

I've even seen twink warrior guides where they're using hard hitting 1H and a fast offhand ala rogue.

I guess this is the big debate. What are your best melee choices for 2H and dual wielding?

Bloomsprout Headpiece is the best DPS helm for Warriors, even though it's mail.

Earthslag Shoulders from BRD are also a nice piece for shoulders

Spiderfang Carapace is the best chest for warriors in terms of DPS.

Plated Fist of Hakoo isn't really a cop out by any means. They're right on par.

For your ranged I'd go with Skull splitting crossbow

If you're doing fury, go with 2xRibsplitters of the Bear/Tiger/Strength

If you're doing arms, go with executioner's cleaver

Hope that sorta helps :)

It's next to impossible to find any manner of Ribsplitters.

I didn't think about the Spiderfang Carapace, seemingly no one uses it. Yes, I forgot to mention the headpiece. That is my preference though unless we get lucky on Mara, he won't farm it.

Honestly the only time I'd use the Spiderfang is if you're arms if you're not hitcapped. Else Hydralisk would be fine.

excuse me but why the cleaver over kang's decapitator?

You could go with the leather helm that drops in ZF about same stats, half the armor, much easier to farm.

I tried a dualwielding spec with swords and the thrash blade and sword spec, was not at all amazing, even when I added the trinket that would also grant an extra hit. all of them combined I still barely ever saw a proc.

Exe Cleaver is superior to kang. +23 strength AND +hit. It's easy to get hitcapped as a 2H warrior in 49s, so you might as well do so. It's possible to get hit elsewhere, but still, Cleaver > Kang. The BoA axe is better than Cleaver, but unless you can get that, exe cleaver is the best 2H.

I would say the difficulty and time consumption of farming Bloomsprout and Helm of the Lycan are about the same. For Helm of the Lycan you have to go through the entire pyramid event. For Bloomsprout I run in, check for Meshlok, and run out and reset. If Meshlok spawns, I pull him all the way to the start of the instance (he doesn't aggro anything along the way).

If you went DW Swords and went sword spec... that may have been your problem. DW Fury is far superior to DW swords because of Bloodthirst.

[item]Sunscale Helmet[/item] is great (probably best) for a warrior. There's shouldn't be a question about that vs. leather or mail unless you're looking for a stamina build, in which case there's better plate options anyway. You're right to think [item]Mugthol's Helm[/item] is for paladins, and even then not all paladins. It does look way awesome, though. Don't sell it because it's a part of the "Batman Set" Blizzard unintentionally made.

[item]Plated Fist of Hakoo[/item] is a cheap replacement for [item]Vice Grips[/item] of the Bear. Less armor and less help in the dps department. I'll admit I picked it just because I got sick of farming ZF (took long enough to get my [item]Big Bad Pauldrons[/item]).

I can't really give too much info on the weapons. Personally, unless the stat differences were huge, I'd go for whatever 2h weapon had the highest damage per swing and spec arms. I can't look it up now while I'm at work but I believe [item]Kang the Decapitator[/item] wins that criteria. There are other pieces of gear that provide +hit rating that require less sacrifice. [item]Blackstone Ring[/item] and [item]Rune of the Guard Captain[/item] are two examples. [item]Spiderfang Carapace[/item], too, if you're willing to put forth the time and gold to get it. Pain in the ass to farm.

Don't ask me about fury; I've never played a DW war except pve. 2h just seemed more efficient.

In terms of AP and Crit Bloomsprout Headpiece is better than Sunscale.

Earthslag Shoulders are the best shoulderpiece for warriors in terms of DPS.

And no, Kang is not the best weapon for Warriors in this bracket. It's actually not the best weapon for any class, don't be fooled by the purple. Executioner's Cleaver also has the +23 strength which easily converts to many more useable stats for warriors.

The hitcap for 2H is 40ish probably around 40-43 hit. Blackstone Ring + Spiderfang Carapace + Rune of the Guard Captain + Surefooted would be the way to go to hitcap if you don't have Ececutioner's Cleaver. The only superior weapon in this bracket is the BoA axe.

yea i might go with cleaver. i just now realize i can google an item and then look up the google cache of wowhead item sites lol. fuck company filters.

cleaver has a better proc rate and the hit rating would be very helpful if you save yourself a thousand hours and get hyrdalick instead of spiderfang. kang technically has the highest damage per swing, the extra proc isn't bad, and it's only .2 slower than the cleaver, so it's preference. if you ask me i guess now i'd side with everyone else on this, though.

earthslag is a good call, forgot to mention that. earthslag > big bad pauldrons > wyrmslayer in that order not including the BoA.

personally i'd still go with sunscale on the helmet. plate > mail, plus you get more attack power from it anyway. agility is overrated for a warrior.

Bloomsprout has a built in 36 AP, sunscale has 16 strength which goes to 32 AP untalented. It's actually the only mail piece I will be wearing so the armor doesn't factor in that much. For DPS Bloomsprout is still better.

Kang is actually faster than Executioner's cleaver, which for proc enchants and procs is worse. I also hate uncontrollable bleeds and dots. (I rip on any rogue who uses Bloodrazor)

god dammit i could swear i saw 28 attack power on bloomsprout, not 36

k well for dps bloomsprout is the shit. better for hunters and enh shamans of course :p

btw [item]Helm of the Mountain[/item] is a pretty good survival option

fuzzles said:
god dammit i could swear i saw 28 attack power on bloomsprout, not 36

k well for dps bloomsprout is the shit. better for hunters and enh shamans of course :p

btw [item]Helm of the Mountain[/item] is a pretty good survival option

There is no helm better than Avan guard helm ( ST quest) for stam/prot plate gear for either Warrior or Paladin.

I have a 49 twink warr. got about all the possible good weapons.

Kang, BoE 2h Sword and axe, Ragehammer, skull splitting xbow, pvp bow, wall of the dead for shield and for 1h's i have Thrash blade, the BoA thrash blade and flurry axe. I usually go with the Thrash blade + Flurry axe for fury, both with crusader, now that crusader can double proc they are really something, many extra attacks, it's very fun:p

Im arms now with a special hard hitting MS spec+ glyphs, Hitting 1900ms+1400 white combos on cloth with zerker.

char is Kytyy on Emeriss EU

I'm having trouble finding someone with Head enchant ATM and keep trying to get back my Woven ivy neck and Rune of guard captain in terms of gear and i should be done:)(hacker sold everything from char, only got partial refund...)

mine doesn't even let me look at that site =/

but if you [item]-wrap something, i get a ? mark for the item image but i see the box with the item stats

Taitaih said:
Kang is actually faster than Executioner's cleaver, which for proc enchants and procs is worse. I also hate uncontrollable bleeds and dots. (I rip on any rogue who uses Bloodrazor)

23+ str is 3.28 +dps which still leaves the dps 2.3 shorter than kang's. The plus hit is nice but you can get it elsewhere.

Procs are per minute so while a slower weapon will proc a higher % of swings a quicker weapon will still proc the same amount over time. (for the same type).

Kang's proc sounds awesome compared to no proc at all executioner. Warriors have no CC that will break on random dots so I don't see the cause of your aggravation.

Also I was just trying to max extra procs with swords and that part failed miserably and this was before bloodthirst.

Dont see too many twink warriors on our server... with a healer they used to be pretty crazy... now, not so sure

Users who are viewing this thread