Bring Shaman back to the 19s

I have talked with a lot of people about what has made restoration shaman unable to compete in the 19s bracket (as well as enh and ele not being able to survive properly)

The plan is, adding Healing Surge at lvl 16 should be a significant step towards fixxing shaman.

I have created a thread on PTR, please sign if you feel that this would improve the 19 BGs.

Healing Surge for sham pre-lvl 20 - Forums - World of Warcraft

Also, if this works, we could help balance not only just shaman, but balance all 19 classes.

/sign. I almost felt bad killing you :\

If healing surge was introduced to the bracket in its current state it would be on a par with the strength an efficiency of FoL. I do agree that surge in some form is necessary to the bracket.

Will /sign when I can log in, glad to see many people on the same sensible wavelength.

tamer said:
well i agree shamans need a better heal....but honestly if we got healing surge we would be unbeatable. i think we just need a faster Healing Wave.

Disagree; HS would replace HW so we would still only have one heal, albeit a faster and more powerful one. Compared to some other healing classes (priest/pally...) this would still potentially leave us weaker healers in theory, but 100000x more viable than we are now with the tools shammys bring to the fight. Far from being unbeatable, this change is to make restos playable once more (competitively).

Karok said:
Will /sign when I can log in, glad to see many people on the same sensible wavelength.

Disagree; HS would replace HW so we would still only have one heal, albeit a faster and more powerful one. Compared to some other healing classes (priest/pally...) this would still potentially leave us weaker healers in theory, but 100000x more viable than we are now with the tools shammys bring to the fight. Far from being unbeatable, this change is to make restos playable once more (competitively).

As he said, currently, resto sham can't out heal being shot by even just 1 hunter, but all other healing classes could keep themselves alive while holding still until they go OOM on a 1v1 (Not counting CC in this fight, but some healers are pro enough to last even though CC)

100% I believe that giving shaman the same tools as ALL the other classes would set them at Par, not above nor beond the powers of all the other healers. One year ago however, if we were to give any healer a 1.5sec cast powerful heal, I'd say "U CRA Z MAN" but now it is just to give the ONLY class without one the spell.

Krazeh Doctor said:
... I was trying to live, thats the sad part... Also, should I work on a video showing a paladin FCing and living against 5 guys vs. a shaman being killed in 2 explosive shots?

Been doing this for years. Its the quality of players facing you is the problem. Shamens like Purge hold there own mighty fine.

Jericho said:
Been doing this for years. Its the quality of players facing you is the problem. Shamens like Purge hold there own mighty fine.

I don't think paladin would be such a nice FC class if they didn't have Flash of Light... The problem is that the game is NOT balanced.

Also, I didn't just come up with this idea willy nilly, I talked with many well known and not so well known shaman (including Purj) about how much it sucks to be a hybrid class without the advantages of actually being an Hybrid class.

Ask me how often I choose bandaids over Healing Wave...

Yes, even as a shaman I can heal people and be useful, but not as well as I could on my paladin.

I replied! Not sure if that's the best forum to post that kind of topic though.

Users who are viewing this thread