EU Bracket status

BlauwEU

Legend
Goodevening all,

I have returned for a short period of time and I have some questions concerning the so called new 'veteran accounts'. I am currently logged in on my account without being subscribed. Therefor I can access all characters below lvl 21 on this account. I seem to be limited in my game play though.

So here's the deal: My 20 druid has it's XP turned on (I assume i cant level past 20) but I don't seem to get any battleground queu's. I can queue but after 35 minutes still no pop. In which bracket am I exactly (xp on/xp off/veteran/f2p?) and is it still active? Who will I face in bg's and what queue times will I get? For example, will I face lvl 29's with xp off etc?

Next to that, it seems that all my characters that have their xp turned off cant queue for battlegrounds because of the starters edition. Could somebody explain this?

Last question: I noticed some new enchants around the block. If I activate my account for a short period of time so I can enchant all my lvl 20's gear properly and then deactivate afterwards, will that be effective? As in, will I still be able to queue as a starter edition acc?

I'd be glad to hear from you,

Reg,
Blauw

Last edited:
Basicly - what the hell does a veteran account mean for 20's?

yea you can get all enchants & gear and play with starters.
The 30min+ ques you get is because of those actions and because of 29s.
Would suggest you only que for wsg, that will give you 20 min ques but 95% of times it is far from enjoyable.

Guess people got what is coming to them.

Hi SPQR,

Thank you for you're response. Far from enjoyable you say? Is it that outbalanced? Can't skills compete ;)? 29's you say, xp locked 29's, as in ultra twinked?

Next question: If I had to choose a side for the challenge, should I go horde or alliance? I used to play alliance because they would mostly be amateurs, which made it more of a challenge to me. Unfortunately it also gave me loooong bad queu's.. Still rather an intense battle over a boring victory!

Any chance we could chat btw?

Yes, far from enjoyable = out of balance.
Bracket in a nutshell - You either faceroll or get facerolled.

Skill can only be determent when everyone start on same ground.
As such thing is not possible due to reasons - there is no skill involved in this bracket.
Example: There is nothing do be done against a 29 Bm monk with 6k hp and 4k guard up as f2p or vet in 1v1.

everyone have different intentions playing this bracket.
i don't know what you are after, thus cant tell you side/realm.
Both sides got active realms focused on premades vs pugs.

do note it is all imo. some here will disagree.

As veteran you can log every char below 21 but you can only queue for bgs on your 20 when locked. Blizz didnt want 19 xp locked twinks to play for free. The main reason for long queue times is the implementation of eots and av. More bgs = more ppl spreading in different queues.
20-29 or 20-24 has always been imbalanced because there has never been an even playing ground. Playing f2p would be dumb, playing veteran gives you the opportunity to compete. But that doesnt mean that games are enjoyable. If I was you I would check out 19s. Pugs are pugs but you get more quality games there than in the cancer bracket. And premades do actually happen because ppl there are more interested in competitive play.

Yes, far from enjoyable = out of balance.
Bracket in a nutshell - You either faceroll or get facerolled.
Example: There is nothing do be done against a 29 Bm monk with 6k hp and 4k guard up as f2p or vet in 1v1.

Complete nonsense you can play a healer VERY effectively , even f2p due to how mongoloid healing is and has always been.

Most 29s also use the very same gear a lvl 20 has. so there is no gear difference. Only advantage a 29 has is 1-2 abilities.

Maybe from european point of view ...you cant do shite to 29s...but...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread